forum

[Archived] Unable to open Osu! or Osu! repair client

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
QuantumAura
Instead of writing details, first i will write what i jhave done, and what happens after i do them.

First - When i try opening my client the "Osu! crashed" menu pops up, with the girl with red hair in front of a flaming pc. It gives me 2 options, restart and report an issue. Restart doesnt do anything, and you know the report an issue works.

Second - i tried to hold "shift" to open up the repair client, nothing happened, exact same as the first.

Third - I decided to open file location and run every osu thing there, and the one that ended up "Working" (not really though) was "repair osu!"

Fourth - it brings up a "video card error" bug. brings up nonsense, but then gives me the option to swap to "OpenGl" mode as opposed to DirectX. so i click yes and it opens "successfully. (it talks about not running Shader Model 1.1+. But ive used osu before, so its not that, it also said graphics card low on memory, also not true. so im unsure, this may be where something is wrong. By may i mean almost definitely. Look at the last thing i say, as that is what a did before this all came to be)

Fifth - when it opened it was the completely default osu client. No songs that ive downloaded, default skin, and i wasnt even signed in. (It still had the default song like Flakypa though. BREEP BOP) In this client none of the changes i make persist after i close it. I cannot change the resolution or cancel it out of fullscreen, both of these selections boxes are empty or greyed out and unclickable. So i have been bashing alt tab for te last while trying to get to google chrome, i got here eventually.

Sixth - Came here, as i conceded to the bs that i had no clue on how to fix.

Recent things that are likely the causes. -
I recently have been having frame issues, as my computer sucks, (maybe it is a graphics card memory issue actually). So i decided to open the repair client and go back to an old client in which i could run DirectX, letting me make the game go full screen with a lower resolution. After doing that my game had ran fine and at 240 fps, which is what i wanted, full screen 240 fps osu.
But suddenly the next time i opened it, now, it was no longer working, and its kinda annoying, seeing as i really want to hit the 5 digits of rankings.

As im pretty much too lazy to use my snipping toll i have on my taskbar i sheall copy and paste the error message

#=qaC7XZfziUGvdF57b89ndnh1N0XTGhOpUSsyqkB_No_iWOIwbKMO5ei5EWke_fQci: No available GL context found. ---> OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: Failed to initialize EGL, error NOT_INITIALIZED.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo..ctor(IntPtr handle, IntPtr display, IntPtr surface)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateWindowInfo(IAngleWindowInfoInternal window_info, Int32 major, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=q4Fka7f$e$MYojooeS7YloFxYMVOmZSUmiD$l2YdYA1KrT1fzUHXZnPQ9TjDySwKV.#=qmUB3HTlsgBQmZiThkvnygw==(Int32 #=qjJTUutMZjUwBnBW3_upzOQ==, Int32 #=qER4BKK7TKXWuib5vPjcL7g==, GraphicsContextFlags #=q6LrNhdkIZVefgzUP4K7Usg==)
at

osu! version: 20170503.3beta
Dntm8kmeeatu
Does changing "CompatibilityContext" to 1 in your osu!.pcname.cfg do anything?

Also would be a good idea to make sure your graphics drivers are properly installed and updated.
Topic Starter
QuantumAura

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

I do not know how to open CFG files. Do i need to download somethiong that will let me so i can open it and view the settings?
Dntm8kmeeatu

QuantumAura wrote:

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

I do not know how to open CFG files. Do i need to download somethiong that will let me so i can open it and view the settings?
Basic Windows Notepad should be able to open CFG files (It's just text) just select Notepad when windows asks you what program to use.