forum

[invalid] New GAMEMODE!!! CHECK IT OUT!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
NattyC
PLEASE SHARE WITH ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO PLAYS OSU! AND FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTION! :D Hey people of Osu!. I've always wondered about a Rhythm that is like Osu! that you don't need to aim at ALL. You need only a keyboard and skill. I wanted this because as an Osu! player I have really bad acc when it comes to jumps so I decided why not come up with an Osu! game mode in which you have to click on the dots that appear in a set location on the screen depending on what mode you play it on e.g 2F(meaning 2 fingers only) or 4F(meaning 4 fingers like mania but slightly different)(All of the textures used in these images are my skin meaning they can be changed. I take no credit for the skins used only the Image itself because I created them). PLEASE..... If you don't fully understand this gamemode just ask me about it rather than being stupid and saying its a mania remake. If you just ask me I can clarify everything so that you can understand that it isn't anything like mania. PLEASE JUST ASK.

I will expain each section of this in detail and I will have some concept art for each section also

LAYOUT :)
SPOILER
In this game mode the approach circle does not move unlike Osu!.
The approach circles are placed at the vertex of a squire as shown in the image below.

There is also other modes withing this game mode just like mania's 2K 3k and so on but in these modes they are called 2F 4F and 8F, F meaning fingers so in 2F mode you use 2 fingers. The first screenshot you looked at was 2F mode. The one below is 4F and im sure you can guess what 8F would be

HIT ANIMATIONS AND HITSCORES :P
SPOILER
In this mode the approach circle does not move rather the hit circle grows and once it touches the outer circle which is the approach circle you need to press the defined key as shown in the images. The inner circle is the hit circle, In the images it is shown as a dashed circle.
Once the hit circle is clicked you will receive a score like in the other modes but rather than being displayed in the centre of the hit circle as a number it is displayed as a green or blue glow over the approach circle allowing the player to see what is coming next but also allow them to see the hit score. (the green glow is a 100 score and the blue glow is a 50 score. Also keep in mind that this is my skin being used in these images so textures can change)
Below is an example of how this mode would look ingame.

The below image shows what the approach animation and the scoring animation would look like

300 score
http://imgur.com/QIZAEKB
100 score
http://imgur.com/Jmg3NBe
50 score
http://imgur.com/eis0qwM

FOR THE PEOPLE WHO THINK THIS IS JUST A MANIA REMAKE IT ISN'T. IT DOESN'T LOOK OR PLAY ANYTHING LIKE MANIA IF YOU JUST TRY AND UNDERSTAND THAT ITS A CROSS BETWEEN OSU! AND MANIA BUT RATHER THAN BEING LIKE A MUSIC KEYBOARD(LIKE IN MANIA) ITS MORE LIKE TYPING ON A PC KEYBOARD. YOU NEED TO MOVE YOUR FINGERS UP AND DOWN ON THE KEYBOARD. THIS MAKES THE GAMEPLAY TOTALLY DIFFERENT. ALSO ITS NOTHING LIKE JUBEAT SAUCER. SO STOP SAYING ITS JUST A MANIA CLONE OR SOMETHING!
Sandy Hoey
Explain to me how this isn't just mania, but the notes don't move. I honestly dont see the difference besides the little gimmicks like how the approach circle is now from the inside and how you show the score for a note.
Topic Starter
NattyC

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Explain to me how this isn't just mania, but the notes don't move. I honestly dont see the difference besides the little gimmicks like how the approach circle is now from the inside and how you show the score for a note.
you see this game mode requires you to use not only one row of keys on your keyboard but two rows. You have to move your fingers up and down on your keyboard more like typing making it more interesting in my opinion. Also with the different approach animation it can make it easier for people how are bad at mania and it gives the gameplay a different feel. thanks you for your question.
Sandy Hoey
You can change the keybindings for mania to be on different rows. Nothing stopping you there. As for the reading aspect. I feel like this isnt so much a new gamemode as rebranding mania. Maybe it would be a better request not as a new gamemode, but as a new visual option for mania, because the gamepaly really isnt new. Just looks different
Topic Starter
NattyC

Sandy Hoey wrote:

You can change the keybindings for mania to be on different rows. Nothing stopping you there. As for the reading aspect. I feel like this isnt so much a new gamemode as rebranding mania. Maybe it would be a better request not as a new gamemode, but as a new visual option for mania, because the gamepaly really isnt new. Just looks different
I don't think your understand the concept. Also about what you said about it being like mania, well in that sense isn't taiko just a mania reskin? The point of this game mode is to feel like your playing osu! without needing a mouse and its more interesting then playing with auto on. Could you please give me some good points so that maybe I can then work on it.
Sandy Hoey
I guess you are right about them being similar. Although I think the point was that they each have their origins, mania in other rhythm games and piano. Taiko in...well...taiko. Lets wait for some other opinions
Topic Starter
NattyC

Sandy Hoey wrote:

I guess you are right about them being similar. Although I think the point was that they each have their origins, mania in other rhythm games and piano. Taiko in...well...taiko. Lets wait for some other opinions
well in that case of what you just said. If your saying wait for it to be made well I am the person to make it. It would never happen if someone was always put down by people and I'm going to be the person who sticks with this idea to make it a think and not put the problems down to other people to handle. And again thanks for the questions
Yona
My english is bad so i can't develop but good luck for your nice idea :)
Topic Starter
NattyC

Yonakr wrote:

My english is bad so i can't develop but good luck for your nice idea :)
Thanks my guy
Neyra
SO COOL GG CONTINUE
Axaptice
Personally, I don't see why this would be a good edition to the game. However iirc, osu!lazer is gonna allow people to make their own gamemodes, so look forward to that (fact check me before you look forward to it).
Topic Starter
NattyC

UnNVus wrote:

Personally, I don't see why this would be a good edition to the game. However iirc, osu!lazer is gonna allow people to make their own gamemodes, so look forward to that (fact check me before you look forward to it).
This gamemode would not be possible with that update. It is simply a texture editor and that would not work for this at all. but thanks for telling me.
Topic Starter
NattyC

bryan9772 wrote:

SO COOL GG CONTINUE
Glad you like it @bryan9772
Caput Mortuum
I dunno, I'd rather see a much more unique gamemode than an improvised mania
Topic Starter
NattyC

Eraser wrote:

omfg can you stop with these comments. its NOTHING LIKE MANIA FFS. it doesn't even look or play the same GOD DAM IT. I added a brief explanation for why this isn't mania in the post at the bottom.
Sandy Hoey
Another question. Real one this time. Are the notes in fixed positions? For example, in 2F, are there only 2 spots where the circles will appear. One on the right and one on the left?
Caput Mortuum

NattyC wrote:

Eraser wrote:

omfg can you stop with these comments. its NOTHING LIKE MANIA FFS. it doesn't even look or play the same GOD DAM IT. I added a brief explanation for why this isn't mania in the post at the bottom.
I didn't say it's mania, I said it's improvised mania. You can play mania the same way as this new game mode and vice versa. I don't even have to play this new mode differently from mania btw, because I can reach both middle row and bottom row with my middle and index finger easily.
O2MasterFX
So basically Jubeat Saucer but with different layouts and uses keyboard?

Topic Starter
NattyC

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Another question. Real one this time. Are the notes in fixed positions? For example, in 2F, are there only 2 spots where the circles will appear. One on the right and one on the left?
no, there will be 4, 2 on the left and 2 on the right. The reason its called 2F is because you use only 2 fingers to play.
Topic Starter
NattyC

Eraser wrote:

I didn't say it's mania, I said it's improvised mania. You can play mania the same way as this new game mode and vice versa. I don't even have to play this new mode differently from mania btw, because I can reach both middle row and bottom row with my middle and index finger easily.
you may be able to do that but that isn't the purpous. that would be like playing mania with one hand. Also as I have already explained the gameplay in this gamemode is totally different. Just do this one thing and you will understand. I want to you ask any Taiko player why they play Taiko and not mania. It is likely that they play not because you use the same key layout its because of the different visual ques and change in play style. Please think logically about it before asking stupid questions or saying stupid things.
show more