forum

Disabling the flashing note effect during kiai time in taiko

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +77
Topic Starter
verto
The flashing note effect during kiai time in taiko is very distracting, even when the background flashing is skinned out.

Epileptic people could seriously injure themselves as a result of it.

Taiko's lack of popularity can be attributed to the flashing effect as well, especially since new players may find it difficult to find a proper skin that at least disables the kiai time flashing.
Sandy Hoey
I don't think that Taiko is unpopular because of this...

But even so, would there be anyway to tell that it is kiai time without the pulsing notes?
Topic Starter
verto

Sandy Hoey wrote:

But even so, would there be anyway to tell that it is kiai time without the pulsing notes?
You could keep playing with kiai if you wish so, I am only suggesting that the effect should be toggle-able for people who would prefer to play without kiai effects. You could still check the editor where the kiai time is, or use a skin that signals the effect without the note/background flashing.
Edgar_Figaro

Sandy Hoey wrote:

You can still tell it's kiai time because the taiko animated character performs special animations as well as the scrolling area border changing color. (By default entire thing turns purple but most people have that skinned to just the border lighting up)