This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
4,080 posts
Offline
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on jeudi 6 juillet 2017 at 11:16:07

Artist: dark cat
Title: STARS ALIGN
Tags: featured artist catstep dnb drum and bass
BPM: 174
Filesize: 5317kb
Play Time: 03:13
Difficulties Available:

Download: dark cat - STARS ALIGN
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
#24 2 0 1 7

osu! featured artist -> https://soundcloud.com/dark_cat

I hope you'll like this (shit)map :3
Last edited by Nozhomi on , edited 16 times in total.
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
2,007 posts
Offline
No kudosu yet.
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
639 posts
Offline
Earned 2 kudosu.
baguette M4M

Hard (I'm trash at <Hards so you can ignore all my complaints on this one)

00:33:144 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - this feels clunky, how about you use a different shape of sliders here?
00:47:972 (3,4) - use a 1/2 slider there instead
00:53:489 (3,4) - ^
01:17:282 (1,2) - since it's a Hard and not a Normal, I feel like you can add one more repeat on every slider
01:28:316 (1,2) - ^ (this pattern's spacing is even better to do that tbh)
01:39:351 (1,2) - ^
01:48:316 (3) - straighten it up a little so that it resembles a mini version of 01:47:627 (1) - a little more
02:12:454 - circle here maybe?
02:39:523 (2) - circle here for sure

Insane

00:06:765 (2,4) - stack maybe? all three sounds are equal imo
00:27:627 (1,3) - lol that little stacking error triggers me so hard
00:33:144 (1,2,3) - I wouldn't make the spacing equal to 00:32:627 (1,2,3) - , since it's a part of kiai time
01:09:006 (3,1) - if you want to keep consistency I suggest you stack it
01:14:006 (3,1) - ^
01:22:627 (1) - move it up a bit to create a neat triangle
01:33:144 (4,5) - now that's a huge stacking error
01:41:592 (4) - sane as before
02:12:454 (1,3) - frustrating again
02:20:903 (2,4) - I would move (4) up a bit to keep the consistency going, since this kind of pattern never occured before
02:39:351 (1,2,3,4,1) - alternative with the stacking problems I've mentioned before at the end of each section: you could alternatively use this type of pattern to remain consistent AND give a little more emphasys on the endings of each section
03:05:213 (2,4) - stack 2 on 4 lol

Dead Meme Lol

00:29:006 (2,3) - Stack is off
00:40:730 (4) - moving it up would increase consistency and improve flow
00:50:903 (6,3) - I'd keep them as curved sliders personally, these ones just feel out of place
00:52:282 (6,2,3) - increase spacing a little
01:52:972 (4) - this spacing is a little too high for the drop, reduce the spacing by about 1/4
02:12:454 (1) - idea: maybe start the slider as if it still was a part of 02:09:696 (1,1,1,1) - and then start bending it?
02:09:696 (1,1) - if not, fix stacking
02:32:282 (3) - this shouldn't be a part of 02:30:903 (3,6) - , since it is a beginning of a new pattern and its second part is separated from the three (02:32:799 (5) - )
02:36:075 (1,5,6) - stack?
02:59:351 (1,2) - stack for consistency and change the flow a little
03:06:247 (5,6) - bend it by a tiny bit so that it represents the smooth transition from curvy sliders to straight sliders a bit better
03:13:144 - last green line should've been here

gut map gut luck

The Violation don't forgettino
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
2,351 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4 (just clicking to the beat)

General
  • You could add "catstep" to the tags because it's the genre provided on featured artists page. Also you could add things like "dnb" and "drum and bass" but it's up to you.


Shooting Star


Insane
  • 00:26:937 (1,2,3,4) - why did you decide to use circles here? In my opinion sliders would fit better especially because you used them before for the same moments
  • 00:32:627 (1,2,3) - the same idea as in the highest diff, and yeah it also goes for the next moment
  • 01:27:972 (5) - maybe NC here to distinguish this snapping change because there are no any 1/4 objects in the whole map except this one and this one 01:39:006 (5) - You also may use it in other diffs.
  • 02:23:144 (3) - shouldn't this one have clap like others have?
  • 02:22:799 (1) - you didn't use such NCing in the first part of the map so I don't think that you should start using it in the second part
  • 03:07:627 (1,2,3,4) - beats on 1/2 should be clickable and you know why


Hard
  • 00:26:937 (4,5) - I don't like that you emphasis things when you didn't do it before. Please emphasis all other 1/2 before or do not emphasis them here.
  • 01:50:213 (6) - might overlap with accuracy meter in low resolution screens
  • 01:24:351 - emphasis this for the same reasons as in Insane


Normal
  • 00:41:420 (1,3) - I haven't noticed any such overlaps in the whole diff so better to avoid it.

gl
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
1,363 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
Nya~


Normal
- 00:41:420 (1,3) - maybe wanna avoid this overlap? is visible ingame and looks kinda belh
- 00:50:041 (2,3,4,5) - don't you wanna make these all blanket nicely?
- 01:02:109 (1) - aaaa maybe symmetry this or do the same shape as 01:07:627 (1) - ?
- 01:24:006 (3,4) - idk about trying to combine both of these sounds here, i would delete the 3 honestly cuz the 4 is a lot more interesting and noticeable :? // 01:35:041 (3,4) -
- 01:51:937 (3,4,5,1) - i would REALLY recommend following vocals here instead, this switch is really awkward when you switch layers in the middle of a combo that is following a more prominent sound. 02:04:867 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - is a lot better imo

otherwise cool


Hard
- 00:25:558 (3) - not really a fan of this starting on a snare and having the synth things on the reverse and end when you mapped the synth pretty actively before - maybe circle + 3/2 slider?
- 00:42:799 (4,5,6) - this doesn't look too nice imo ;w; the 6 makes it all really weird
- 01:29:696 (3) - idk about you but an nc would be cool here imo cuz strong held note // 01:40:730 (3) -
- 02:00:558 (5,6,7) - wouldn't you follow vocals here cuz 01:54:351 (4,5) - does and the synth just gets a bit louder so you can probably change spacing/slider shape to emphasize it instead of using completely different rhythm // 02:06:075 (5,6,7) -
- 02:02:972 (5,6,1) - uu visual spacing :(
- 02:07:282 (1) - i'd probably just put a circle here, a slider for a breath seems a bit much
- 02:09:351 (7,1) - so close visually ;x
- 02:17:972 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - wouldn't you have a slider-end stack like 02:20:903 (2,3) - in the first pattern or am i imagining things cuz 00:33:144 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3) - and 00:38:661 (1,2,3) - all have the thing on the first set of notes
- 02:29:351 (2,3,4,5) - isn't this inconsistent with the first kiai's rhythm? they're basically the same so it would make sense to use a similar rhythm but the first kiai ignores more sounds
- 02:36:247 (6) - pretty sure should nc this
- 02:38:661 (5) - nc may be more appropriate here rather than 02:39:178 (1) -


Insane
! - 02:40:141 - this timing line isn't snapped to anything :?

- 00:27:627 (1,2,3) - :eyes: https://puu.sh/wslpW/436e341cc3.png
- 00:33:144 (1) - rip emphasissssss :(
- 00:38:834 (2,1) - stack 1 with 2's tail?
- 00:47:972 (5) - i would make these two circles to be consistent with the active rhythm you used at 00:47:282 (2,3) - and a lot of other places
- 01:15:903 (5) - missing a drum hitsound
- 01:33:661 (5) - nc here might be appropriate
- 02:22:799 (1,2,3,4) - um hitsounds what
- 02:33:834 (1,3,4) - visually too close imo ;x
- 02:37:799 (3,5) - ^
- 02:38:661 (1,2,1,2,3,4,1) - didn't wanna hitsound this or something? o-o
- 02:58:661 (1,3,1) - equalizing this spacing would be nice https://puu.sh/wsmoE/c873b1012a.png
- 03:04:868 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - not exactly a fan of the 90 degree flow into back and forths for the same sounds, i think one type of flow works for the repetitive sound so using two doesn't represent the sounds as well imo


Shooting Star
- 00:13:834 (4) - feels like should also be curved since no song change and would fit better in the pattern
- 00:15:903 (3,4,5,6,1) - would look way nicer as an actual star :( https://puu.sh/wsmuz/35efb38f50.png
- 00:29:006 (2,3) - nice stack
- 00:47:972 (5) - same as what i said in insane - two circles would fit the usage of the previous active rhythm mapped to these same sounds
- 00:48:316 (1,2) - why not use the drum finish for these too? (or just the same hitsound pattern you were using so far)
- 01:15:903 (5) - hmmm maybe nc?
- 01:18:661 (5) - ^
- 01:21:592 (2,3,1) - visually spacing these the same would look nicer
- 01:32:282 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - if you moved this whole pattern to the right of the screen more you could fit 01:34:523 (9) - underneath 01:34:006 (7) - to complete it https://puu.sh/wsmF0/745ce2332c.png
- 02:05:041 (4) - blanket the orb of the bg https://puu.sh/wsmFY/5df2bd2512.png (im kidding)
- 02:15:213 (3) - having the last one be similar to the first two but not as curved would fit better imo like this maybe https://puu.sh/wsmJj/f0c9b51dfb.png
- 03:09:006 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - disagree with the flow change here cuz the sound is exactly the same as before, what would fit more is just continuing the back and forths at 03:07:627 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -

Good luck!!!
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
4,080 posts
Offline
[Nemesis] wrote:
baguette M4M

Hard (I'm trash at <Hards so you can ignore all my complaints on this one)

00:33:144 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - this feels clunky, how about you use a different shape of sliders here? - Not really, I like the 120° pattern from 00:33:316 (2,3) - and transition to next pattern with a symmetric one.
00:47:972 (3,4) - use a 1/2 slider there instead - Done on purpose to emphasis more the strong notes and for the transition.
00:53:489 (3,4) - ^ - same
01:17:282 (1,2) - since it's a Hard and not a Normal, I feel like you can add one more repeat on every slider - Done
01:28:316 (1,2) - ^ (this pattern's spacing is even better to do that tbh) - Done
01:39:351 (1,2) - ^ - Done
01:48:316 (3) - straighten it up a little so that it resembles a mini version of 01:47:627 (1) - a little more - Tried.
02:12:454 - circle here maybe? - Yes
02:39:523 (2) - circle here for sure - Would be different from 1st kiai, and imo a reverse fit more the song with that back and forth sound.

Insane

00:06:765 (2,4) - stack maybe? all three sounds are equal imo - On purpose, didn't wanted to have smth so boring.
00:27:627 (1,3) - lol that little stacking error triggers me so hard - Sadly can't do anything about it, the 3 of them are exactly the same but will never stack correctly due to 1px curve error (smth like that).
00:33:144 (1,2,3) - I wouldn't make the spacing equal to 00:32:627 (1,2,3) - , since it's a part of kiai time - No it's after the kiai so it's different from before.
01:09:006 (3,1) - if you want to keep consistency I suggest you stack it - Nothing related to consistency, also wanted to end that slider to center.
01:14:006 (3,1) - ^ - Also no because I wanted to increase a bit spacing to fit the music intensity growing.
01:22:627 (1) - move it up a bit to create a neat triangle - The triangle is done with 01:23:489 (4) - not the stacked circle.
01:33:144 (4,5) - now that's a huge stacking error - But did on purpose to simulate a real stack
01:41:592 (4) - sane as before - Spacing was increased for song emphasis.
02:12:454 (1,3) - frustrating again - Sorry about that :c
02:20:903 (2,4) - I would move (4) up a bit to keep the consistency going, since this kind of pattern never occured before - This is a problem to do a different pattern from time to time ? Also it would break spacing consistency.
02:39:351 (1,2,3,4,1) - alternative with the stacking problems I've mentioned before at the end of each section: you could alternatively use this type of pattern to remain consistent AND give a little more emphasys on the endings of each section - Just changed that, because the pattern was too stupid.
03:05:213 (2,4) - stack 2 on 4 lol - did symmetrical pattern with 03:05:213 (2) - instead.

Dead Meme Lol

00:29:006 (2,3) - Stack is off - Ye lol
00:40:730 (4) - moving it up would increase consistency and improve flow - I don't see how it improve flow, also the point of that pattern is to stack them.
00:50:903 (6,3) - I'd keep them as curved sliders personally, these ones just feel out of place - I like having some diversity.
00:52:282 (6,2,3) - increase spacing a little - Would create inconsistency with other similar patterns.
01:52:972 (4) - this spacing is a little too high for the drop, reduce the spacing by about 1/4 - Didn't by 1/4 but still reduced a bit.
02:12:454 (1) - idea: maybe start the slider as if it still was a part of 02:09:696 (1,1,1,1) - and then start bending it? - My slider sucked,
so I did smth from your idea but combined with my own.

02:09:696 (1,1) - if not, fix stacking - Well no more stack.
02:32:282 (3) - this shouldn't be a part of 02:30:903 (3,6) - , since it is a beginning of a new pattern and its second part is separated from the three (02:32:799 (5) - ) - Yes and no, it's a bit part of it due to slider shape and structure, but since it's a new measure and a restart of a group of 2, it's a bit different.
02:36:075 (1,5,6) - stack? - Now stacked with 02:37:109 (6) - .
02:59:351 (1,2) - stack for consistency and change the flow a little - But I don't want to stack them, the sound on slider is stronger and restart of measure with vocal.
03:06:247 (5,6) - bend it by a tiny bit so that it represents the smooth transition from curvy sliders to straight sliders a bit better - Yes
03:13:144 - last green line should've been here - It change basically nothing lol.

gut map gut luck

The Violation don't forgettino



Shmiklak wrote:
m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4m4 (just clicking to the beat)

General
  • You could add "catstep" to the tags because it's the genre provided on featured artists page. Also you could add things like "dnb" and "drum and bass" but it's up to you. - Yes


Shooting Star
  • 00:15:903 (3) - shouldn't here be NC because you placed it at 00:10:385 (1) - ? Also shouldn't you place it here 00:05:558 (5) - because all other similar placements have it? - Yes and no, because it's start so no need to have this one.
  • 00:11:075 (1) - and 00:22:109 (1) - would suggest to replace with sliders to emphasis sounds on 1/2 - Nah I want a a small break on that one to emphase more the next 1/2 sliders.
  • 00:32:627 (1,2,3) - these ones could be spaced more because even these ones 00:21:420 (1,2,3,4) - which are snapped on lower sounds have more DS Same goes for 02:17:454 (1,2,3) - - Spacing up.
  • nazi thing, 00:29:006 (2,3) - rip stack
  • I actually do not like how you ignore such strong beats in the kiai time: 00:33:489 - 00:34:006 - they actually worth to be clickable! Same for the second kiai - Simply because I prefer follow instrument than drums, who is way more important and coherent to follow as a player.
  • 00:49:351 (3) - this one sounds louder than 00:49:178 (2) - so it worth having more DS than (2) - Related to instrument not drum.
  • 01:24:351 - better to emphasis this sound because you emphasized the same sound before by clickable object - Yes but before there wasn't that long guitar note.


Insane
  • 00:26:937 (1,2,3,4) - why did you decide to use circles here? In my opinion sliders would fit better especially because you used them before for the same moments - Why yes. Because 1. it's for the transition and 2. it fits more the fact than song goes a bit more intense at this point with that kind of wind sound in bg.
  • 00:32:627 (1,2,3) - the same idea as in the highest diff, and yeah it also goes for the next moment - I don't agree for Insane, I think having a more visual pattern is more important here.
  • 01:27:972 (5) - maybe NC here to distinguish this snapping change because there are no any 1/4 objects in the whole map except this one and this one 01:39:006 (5) - You also may use it in other diffs. - yep did.
  • 02:23:144 (3) - shouldn't this one have clap like others have? - Weel seems smth goes wrong here XD
  • 02:22:799 (1) - you didn't use such NCing in the first part of the map so I don't think that you should start using it in the second part -
    Yes
  • 03:07:627 (1,2,3,4) - beats on 1/2 should be clickable and you know why - Wanted to do smth with growing intensity.


Hard
  • 00:26:937 (4,5) - I don't like that you emphasis things when you didn't do it before. Please emphasis all other 1/2 before or do not emphasis them here. - I did this one differently simply because you hear the start of that kind of sound who care and make the song feels more intense, also that's for the transition to the spinner.
  • 01:50:213 (6) - might overlap with accuracy meter in low resolution screens - Lower resolution don't affect bottom of the screen.
  • 01:24:351 - emphasis this for the same reasons as in Insane - Would be inconsistent with rest of that part, also the stack here is okay since it's a Hard.


Normal
  • 00:41:420 (1,3) - I haven't noticed any such overlaps in the whole diff so better to avoid it. - Yes

gl



Mir wrote:
Nya~


Normal
- 00:41:420 (1,3) - maybe wanna avoid this overlap? is visible ingame and looks kinda belh - Fixed with previous mod.
- 00:50:041 (2,3,4,5) - don't you wanna make these all blanket nicely? - Ja
- 01:02:109 (1) - aaaa maybe symmetry this or do the same shape as 01:07:627 (1) - ? - Changed for a small curve at the end because less intense than next one.
- 01:24:006 (3,4) - idk about trying to combine both of these sounds here, i would delete the 3 honestly cuz the 4 is a lot more interesting and noticeable :? // 01:35:041 (3,4) - - I agree for the 1st one, but not the second because it's more intense than before.
- 01:51:937 (3,4,5,1) - i would REALLY recommend following vocals here instead, this switch is really awkward when you switch layers in the middle of a combo that is following a more prominent sound. 02:04:867 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - is a lot better imo - Tbh no, I know that's a quite hard swap between 2 music elements, but the player is used to play these sounds since start, and they're super intense at that moment so I prefer keep them.

otherwise cool


Hard
- 00:25:558 (3) - not really a fan of this starting on a snare and having the synth things on the reverse and end when you mapped the synth pretty actively before - maybe circle + 3/2 slider? - Ja
- 00:42:799 (4,5,6) - this doesn't look too nice imo ;w; the 6 makes it all really weird - a bit curved now.
- 01:29:696 (3) - idk about you but an nc would be cool here imo cuz strong held note // 01:40:730 (3) - - Ja
- 02:00:558 (5,6,7) - wouldn't you follow vocals here cuz 01:54:351 (4,5) - does and the synth just gets a bit louder so you can probably change spacing/slider shape to emphasize it instead of using completely different rhythm // 02:06:075 (5,6,7) - - Nah I prefer use a different rhythm when pace goes up, that's how I want it to fit the song.
- 02:02:972 (5,6,1) - uu visual spacing :( - imo nothing is wrong here, it's maybe close but nothing bad at this point.
- 02:07:282 (1) - i'd probably just put a circle here, a slider for a breath seems a bit much - You didn't mentionned 02:01:765 (1) - as well,
so I guess that's not that bad if you let it pass one time. Also no it's nice imo.

- 02:09:351 (7,1) - so close visually ;x - ja
- 02:17:972 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - wouldn't you have a slider-end stack like 02:20:903 (2,3) - in the first pattern or am i imagining things cuz 00:33:144 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3) - and 00:38:661 (1,2,3) - all have the thing on the first set of notes - You're going too far lol, there's no reason behind these stacks excepting for spacing and flow (and cool patterns).
- 02:29:351 (2,3,4,5) - isn't this inconsistent with the first kiai's rhythm? they're basically the same so it would make sense to use a similar rhythm but the first kiai ignores more sounds - I agree and did that totally on purpose, I wanted to have the 2nd kiai a bit more hard than 1st one to make last part a bit harder before the slow outro.
- 02:36:247 (6) - pretty sure should nc this - Ja
- 02:38:661 (5) - nc may be more appropriate here rather than 02:39:178 (1) - - Ja


Insane
! - 02:40:141 - this timing line isn't snapped to anything :? - Removed because useless.

- 00:27:627 (1,2,3) - :eyes: https://puu.sh/wslpW/436e341cc3.png - Did my best but often, editor just don't want (you know the bug of 1px).
- 00:33:144 (1) - rip emphasissssss :( - Not totally, I like than it still be part of previous pattern and keeping it visually coherent.
- 00:38:834 (2,1) - stack 1 with 2's tail? - Not visible, and not worth.
- 00:47:972 (5) - i would make these two circles to be consistent with the active rhythm you used at 00:47:282 (2,3) - and a lot of other places - I totally prefer keeping a slider to have a coherence with the kind of pattern you took as example. But kinda get your point.
- 01:15:903 (5) - missing a drum hitsound - Yes
- 01:33:661 (5) - nc here might be appropriate - Yes
- 02:22:799 (1,2,3,4) - um hitsounds what - Fucked up.
- 02:33:834 (1,3,4) - visually too close imo ;x - Fixed a bit 02:34:351 (4) - but rest is k imo.
- 02:37:799 (3,5) - ^ - K
- 02:38:661 (1,2,1,2,3,4,1) - didn't wanna hitsound this or something? o-o - woops
- 02:58:661 (1,3,1) - equalizing this spacing would be nice https://puu.sh/wsmoE/c873b1012a.png - Was increased on purpose.
- 03:04:868 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - not exactly a fan of the 90 degree flow into back and forths for the same sounds, i think one type of flow works for the repetitive sound so using two doesn't represent the sounds as well imo - meow I like it so meh can I keep it pls ? :>


Shooting Star
- 00:13:834 (4) - feels like should also be curved since no song change and would fit better in the pattern - Haha no totally done on purpose and I like to have this one different.
- 00:15:903 (3,4,5,6,1) - would look way nicer as an actual star :( https://puu.sh/wsmuz/35efb38f50.png - Should be better ja.
- 00:29:006 (2,3) - nice stack - UUUHHH
- 00:47:972 (5) - same as what i said in insane - two circles would fit the usage of the previous active rhythm mapped to these same sounds - Same as Insane desu
- 00:48:316 (1,2) - why not use the drum finish for these too? (or just the same hitsound pattern you were using so far) - It's the same D;
- 01:15:903 (5) - hmmm maybe nc? - Nah nothing would make that call worth.
- 01:18:661 (5) - ^ - Yes
- 01:21:592 (2,3,1) - visually spacing these the same would look nicer - Yes
- 01:32:282 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - if you moved this whole pattern to the right of the screen more you could fit 01:34:523 (9) - underneath 01:34:006 (7) - to complete it https://puu.sh/wsmF0/745ce2332c.png - Was hard but somehow did it.
- 02:05:041 (4) - blanket the orb of the bg https://puu.sh/wsmFY/5df2bd2512.png (im kidding) - Hey why not :D
- 02:15:213 (3) - having the last one be similar to the first two but not as curved would fit better imo like this maybe https://puu.sh/wsmJj/f0c9b51dfb.png - I totally changed that.
- 03:09:006 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - disagree with the flow change here cuz the sound is exactly the same as before, what would fit more is just continuing the back and forths at 03:07:627 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - - Wanted to finish on a star since it's Stars Align...yes I know sorry :c
Good luck!!!


Thx guys for the help~
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
901 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
Image



ImageGeneral:
  • Threw some starzzzzz
  • Your background exceeds allowed dimensions. It's 1920x1080, and the maximum is 1366x768.

ImageNormal:
  • AiMod has some distance snap issues with this diff.
  • 01:17:282 (1) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8422479 ?
  • 01:57:972 - You didn't map that sound with circles like you did at 01:52:454 (5) -. If you didn't do it there, you shouldn't do it here, as it's confusing to switch your rhythm choice like that.
  • 02:02:799 (3) - This should start on the red tick ahead and be shortened to continue mapping the vocals and keeping consistent rhythm choice.
  • 02:40:041 (1) - This should be a spinner like before

ImageHard:

ImageInsane:
  • 01:27:972 (1,1) - This shouldn't be space the same way as your 1/2 gaps. Make them touch to improve your readability?
  • 01:48:489 (4,5,6) - This could be confusing, especially since you've established gaps like this as perfect stacks such as 01:53:144 (1,2) - .
  • 02:35:041 (3,6) - This overlap is kinda not so tasty. Move (6) to the left and upward too if you want to keep the spacing.
  • 02:54:696 (4,5,6,7,8) - This very complex and confusing spacing that requires some high reading skill. I would ignore the clap and keep mapping the vocals with that anti jump pattern. Basically delete 02:55:903 (7) - . That should fix it.

ImageExtra:

This is awesome.
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
4,080 posts
Offline
PolkaMocha wrote:
Image



ImageGeneral:
  • Threw some starzzzzz - Merci
  • Your background exceeds allowed dimensions. It's 1920x1080, and the maximum is 1366x768. - You didn't followed recent changes right ? The new max dimmension for bg is now 1920x1200 so it's perfectly fine :>

ImageNormal:
  • AiMod has some distance snap issues with this diff. - If you're refering to 01:09:696 (2,3,4) - , that's intended and fine since next element is not visible when previous one is clicked.
  • 01:17:282 (1) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8422479 ? - Not a bad idea, but I want the triangle with 01:16:592 (4,1) - .
  • 01:57:972 - You didn't map that sound with circles like you did at 01:52:454 (5) -. If you didn't do it there, you shouldn't do it here, as it's confusing to switch your rhythm choice like that. - I didn't due to the guitar sound who is a more important sound to follow when previous had vocal.
  • 02:02:799 (3) - This should start on the red tick ahead and be shortened to continue mapping the vocals and keeping consistent rhythm choice. - Well I agree there's a vocal beat on that one, but it also start where I did, combined with other instrument, who make it more easy to catch for a new player than ignore that sound.
  • 02:40:041 (1) - This should be a spinner like before - I didn't, because woudn't have enough recovery time here.

ImageHard:
  • 01:06:420 - manual break why? : o - There's no such things like manutal break, this one was created by the editor itself.
  • 02:07:799 (3,5) - I think this stack could be perfected a bit. - Yes
  • 02:19:523 (5,6) - Why not just paste (5) and ctrl + < twice ? Looks neater. - Not really, that's quite subjective. Also they're same but without a 180° rotation, and it allow that little spacing between them without sacrifice the spacing with next pattern.
  • 02:40:041 (1) - Same with this being a spinner? - Could be indeed possible this time, but I prefer a slider to make spread k, also I like it hehe~

ImageInsane:
  • 01:27:972 (1,1) - This shouldn't be space the same way as your 1/2 gaps. Make them touch to improve your readability? - The NC on it was done in order to warn people about the extended slider, and approach circle is enough to get that too.
  • 01:48:489 (4,5,6) - This could be confusing, especially since you've established gaps like this as perfect stacks such as 01:53:144 (1,2) - . - If I had done perfect stack on sliders end, it would have be way more hard to actually understand that's an anti-jump. Also the fact than it's the same sort of break on the movement, player can understand it's a 1/1 gap.
  • 02:35:041 (3,6) - This overlap is kinda not so tasty. Move (6) to the left and upward too if you want to keep the spacing. - Should be k now.
  • 02:54:696 (4,5,6,7,8) - This very complex and confusing spacing that requires some high reading skill. I would ignore the clap and keep mapping the vocals with that anti jump pattern. Basically delete 02:55:903 (7) - . That should fix it. - So I didn't delete it because it's a too important sound to be ignored, tho I agree that antijump sucks. I just rotate 02:55:903 (7) - to make the spacing more revelant about what it is.

ImageExtra:
  • These jumps are very refreshing! Not the same old sharp angle stars and crosses.
  • 00:06:765 (1) - It would be a lot of dedication, but you could silence the slider ends to bring your map quality up super high. - Was long but put them all like these at 30% because there's a sort of reverb on these note so didn't wanted to silence them totally.
  • 00:13:834 (4) - I would like it better if you continued the peel pattern. - I wanted to create a break from that pattern, I like it a lot tbh even if you're not the only one to complain about it XD
  • 01:32:282 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - This. Was amazing. - Thx Mir who helped me to fix a bit the end of it.
  • 01:53:144 (1,2) - Increase spacing. Especially after those jumps to show it's a different kind of gap. - You complained only for 01:58:661 (1,2) - so I guess that's not that bad, also I don't think increase spacing is better or not, people on that lvl can make the difference and are used to that rhythm from the start of the song.
  • 03:07:627 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6) - <3333333

This is awesome.


Thx a lot~
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
1,447 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
drain time w


shooting star
00:06:765 (1) - can u silience these fully plz

00:12:282 (1,2,3,4) - can u blanket these properly plz

00:31:765 (1,1,1) - i know its a cute pattern but i think if u made it a stack it would be easier to read as 3/4

00:42:627 (6,1,2) - this played so bad to me cuz of the wide angle - 00:42:972 (2,3,4) - if u ctrl g this it would be much more comfortable

00:46:075 (3,5,6) - visual spacing plz

01:21:075 - note here would follow the same instrument

01:24:006 (1,2,3) - can u not randmly follow this instrument for 1 slider and then drop it plz

01:29:696 (1) - would be a lot cooler to follow the bass than just 1/2 spam here imo

02:22:454 (3,4,1) - plz no

02:32:799 (5,1) - ctrl g rhythm, it's same sound as before
00:47:972 (5,1) - same here 00:53:489 (5,1) - here
02:38:316 (5,1) - same


insane
00:12:282 (5) - nc cuz different instrument

every single rhythm thing on top diff here too cuz they have the exact same rhythm lol


hard
why is 00:05:558 (1) - a repeat >.> just put a circle

00:10:385 (3,4) - these are randomly following a different instrument, make it same as 00:08:316 (1,2) -
this issue repeat everywhere, makes no sense to change to the ostinato part instead of just using the bass

00:45:213 (4) - circle+slider plz
for all of these

01:40:041 (2,1) - visual spacing plz

01:53:661 (2) - this circle doesnt follow anything lol

01:51:765 (4,5) - ctrl g this also feels better to follow the bass line

02:22:109 (4) - nc cuz different section?

02:27:627 (4,5,6,7) - same

02:30:041 (4,5) - ctrl g plz

02:31:420 (3,4) - ,

02:40:041 (1) - nice fish

02:47:972 (7,1) - 7 would b better as 1/1 slider cuz there is nothing rly on 1


normal
01:09:696 (2,3) - can u put them closer together, this is a really big jump; ds is not that imprtant with such a big time gap, and players will have less time to react to this jump cuz of ar

01:17:282 (1) - u cant make this shape and have it not be symmetrical
plz

01:24:006 - players will expect thiss to be here cuz it is the instrument you follow everywhere else around here
add a circle here plz

02:42:971 (2,4) - make this blanket better

k
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
4,080 posts
Offline
Naotoshi wrote:
drain time w


shooting star
00:06:765 (1) - can u silience these fully plz - Won't go under 15% for the little echo of these sounds.

00:12:282 (1,2,3,4) - can u blanket these properly plz - Only 00:12:799 (2,3) - was meh but yes done.

00:31:765 (1,1,1) - i know its a cute pattern but i think if u made it a stack it would be easier to read as 3/4 - Kinda agree, since that's not first time it somehow not the best to read with next pattern as 1/2.

00:42:627 (6,1,2) - this played so bad to me cuz of the wide angle - 00:42:972 (2,3,4) - if u ctrl g this it would be much more comfortable -
I not really agree on that but I guess it's a change I can accept.


00:46:075 (3,5,6) - visual spacing plz - Hope it's more at your taste (because I have no idea why it's a problem tbh).

01:21:075 - note here would follow the same instrument - Would be super inconsistent with other break who have the same effect like 01:22:454 - / 01:23:834 - / etc who are here to emphasis each section of stronger instrument.

01:24:006 (1,2,3) - can u not randmly follow this instrument for 1 slider and then drop it plz - Quite sad because it was nice imo to have a sort of break on these dense slow section but k ;w;

01:29:696 (1) - would be a lot cooler to follow the bass than just 1/2 spam here imo - Nah I want 01:30:385 (3,4,5,6) - absolutly be clickable since they cover the most important sounds who are present from the start so yeah sorry.

02:22:454 (3,4,1) - plz no - I guess you're talking about that open angle so yeah did smth different even if I liked previous structure better sigh.

02:32:799 (5,1) - ctrl g rhythm, it's same sound as before - Aehm no this is not acceptable, since 02:33:144 (1) - have to be clickable, and a slider for instrument is the best element I can use to fit song the same way than other before.
00:47:972 (5,1) - same here 00:53:489 (5,1) - here ^
02:38:316 (5,1) - same ^


insane
00:12:282 (5) - nc cuz different instrument - Oui

every single rhythm thing on top diff here too cuz they have the exact same rhythm lol ^


hard
why is 00:05:558 (1) - a repeat >.> just put a circle - Because for the delay of notes who are not these beats, kinda like 00:16:592 (1) - .

00:10:385 (3,4) - these are randomly following a different instrument, make it same as 00:08:316 (1,2) -
this issue repeat everywhere, makes no sense to change to the ostinato part instead of just using the bass - They are way more important than the bass sound who is going in bg. Also the player is used to play them from the start with 00:04:868 (1,2) - so they much more natural to catch than that covered bass beat.

00:45:213 (4) - circle+slider plz
for all of these - Same as I said to Mir, I did that totally on purpose, I wanted to have the 2nd kiai a bit more hard than 1st one to make last part a bit harder before the slow outro. Tho if you really insist for a totally valuable reason then k I'll do that, but I would like to keep things like this if possible. That's how I like to

01:40:041 (2,1) - visual spacing plz - Yes

01:53:661 (2) - this circle doesnt follow anything lol - It follow same things than 01:48:144 (2) - / 01:59:178 (2) - / 02:04:696 (2) - aka the bass beat who emphasis the vocal just after.

01:51:765 (4,5) - ctrl g this also feels better to follow the bass line - I don't agree with that statement, because I prefer vocal on that section.

02:22:109 (4) - nc cuz different section? - Would be so wrong with 1st kiai so no. Or tell me that since the 1st one and for all other.

02:27:627 (4,5,6,7) - same ^

02:30:041 (4,5) - ctrl g plz - No, the heavy drum ending on a sliderend would sounds terrible, also I think than 02:30:041 (4) - for these two instrument beats is way more interesting and coherent to be followed by a drum beat clicked.

02:31:420 (3,4) - , ^

02:40:041 (1) - nice fish - owo

02:47:972 (7,1) - 7 would b better as 1/1 slider cuz there is nothing rly on 1 - I definitly prefer to restart that section with a clickable object by far.


normal
01:09:696 (2,3) - can u put them closer together, this is a really big jump; ds is not that imprtant with such a big time gap, and players will have less time to react to this jump cuz of ar - ja

01:17:282 (1) - u cant make this shape and have it not be symmetrical
plz - As I explained on previous mod, I prefer have a triangle with 01:16:592 (4,1) - also I definitly prefer it without be symmetrical.

01:24:006 - players will expect thiss to be here cuz it is the instrument you follow everywhere else around here
add a circle here plz - So kinda redo what I did from last mod.

02:42:971 (2,4) - make this blanket better - Tried.

k


thx uguu~
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
1,447 posts
Offline
No kudosu yet.
results when????
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
1,363 posts
Offline
No kudosu yet.
Speed rank smh
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
4,080 posts
Offline
Naotoshi wrote:
results when????

Image
User avatar
Quality Assurance Team
2,502 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
Mukyu~


General
* 01:18:661 (1) - Hard: 2/3, Insane&Shooting Star: 3/4 what lol


Normal
* 01:41:247 - Drum Finish like the other diffs


Hard
* You definitely forgot to change the sampleset to S:C1.
* 00:25:558 (2) - Missing clap
* 01:00:903 - 01:06:420 - Are these manual break adjustments intentional?
* 02:55:903 (6) - 03:01:420 (6) - I'd suggest making these into 1/2 sliders like you did on Insane. It feels so empty to ignore 02:56:075 - 03:01:592 - .
* 03:04:868 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Not sure why the spacing varies, especially on 3-4. It just seems so inconsistent for me.


Insane
* 01:20:558 (3,4) - Among all the similar beats, only they're not stacked. Make it consistent maybe?


Shooting Star
* 01:28:316 (1,2,3,4) - It's quite sad that all the four feels similar even though the SV increases, because of the spacing. Would have been great if the changes were more clear as you did on 01:39:351 (1,2,3,4) - .


Not much to say, nice map like always.
Fix the inconsistent snap and get it rebubbled, then call me back for qualify.
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
4,080 posts
Offline
And fixed everything ~
Thx red Doyak

Also changed 02:56:765 (2) - and 03:02:282 (2) - to catch the stronger beat it was retarded before.

And don't steal my mukyu~
This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
Reply 21 posts jump | 1, 2  next

Users browsing this forum: None


Jump to: