forum

Mouse Grip Annoying

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MonoBear
Soo I've been playing with this grip for like a long time, not just for osu but for other games and it really messes me up especially like 1-2 minutes into the song. I usually rest my wrist on the table with fingertip grip but overtime during playing a beatmap my mouse gets more and more far from my wrist so I end up with palmgrip and really uncomfortable wrist rest since my mouse is so far away which usually causes me to mess up and make my aim go trash. Anyway on fixing this? I've tried taking off the weights on my mouse but it didn't help.
dung eater
bigger mousepad, search with "mouse drift" in the box below info, download
Topic Starter
MonoBear

jaaakb wrote:

I didn't understand the last part.
Sandy Hoey

jaaakb wrote:

Translation because that made no sense to anyone: If you are not on the new website, in the top left-hand corner of the page is Google custom search. Type mouse drift into that to find the many many other threads about mouse drift and how to handle it.
1Alone
They said that the lower your dpi the more your mouse drift. Fuck me :cry:
"Been controlling mouse on the edge of mousepad since 2015"
Topic Starter
MonoBear
:!:

1Alone wrote:

I have 1000 DPI
1Alone

MonoBear wrote:

I have 1000 DPI
It'll still drift though lol, whether you're using 4000 or anything. If you want to eliminate the drift, switch to tablet.
Kyrari
Mouse drift happens with all DPI though it's more noticeable at lower DPI (?).

Most people just get used to it one way or another, if I'm playing normally and notices my hand already moved until it's uncomfortable I just hold it until there's a long slider/pause/easy section where I can just pause and reposition.

jaaakb wrote:

Maybe he's referring to this for the download part? t/538626
Not sure if that's useful since I don't use it
I Give Up
Mouse drift can be caused by a number of reasons. Most commonly poor mouse control, so slight irregular movements gradually move your mouse center position. Other reasons may be software, like having accel turned on, or just potato pc dropping frames. Or it could be hardware related like playing on a poor surface, or a bad sensor.

Low dpi, high dpi, does not matter they all have drift. But the causes are different as sensor behaviour and playstyle changes depending on effective dpi. You just have to find a setting that has least amount of drift for you.
Comfy Slippers
Around 800 dpi and 0.51 sens.

My grip is a mixture of claw and palm. I have played some maps with "really nasty" patterns that would normally cause drift but i'm not experiencing any. I'd say I have solid muscle memory and I subconsciously reposition at times when I need to. I feel like this comes with time and experience. Then again I might be totally off, or this might even be a thing where there is no right or wrong. Inb4 playing CS for 5ish years on low sens. might have helped, idk. Bigger area can be a good start.
Sayorie
Buy a really big mousepad. Or turn your whole table into a mousepad like what I do.

Also rotating the mouse usually causes the drift. Rotate it to a certain degree and align it again the opposite way, and it causes the cursor to translate(or move) a considerable distance despite very minimal rotational movement. Or just keep rotating the mouse back and forth and it manages to move all around even though your mouse is around the same spot.
ManuelOsuPlayer

1Alone wrote:

I'm using 400dpi...
At some maps, like camellia typical slidders maps i feel like the mouse it's alive xDDD
I like the feel, it's like the mouse becomes big. It's really fun for me xD