forum

Where to stare at my monitor?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cyfer
I found it really hard to play 4* songs.
I have been staring at the bottom of my monitor so I could easily know when to hit the notes.

But since I find it really hard to read 4* songs i'm trying to stare at the top of my monitor where the notes are coming.

Is this the right approach?
Tripletth
Have you tried adjusting your scroll speed?
Bobbias
Its generally best to watch somewhere near the middle of the screen. the lower you watch, the less time your brain has to figure out the patterns. Looking low does help with timing, but it comes with the drawback of less time to read patterns, which makes it harder to react to difficulty spikes. Increasing scroll speed can help you force yourself to look higher up the screen, but it takes time to adjust to, so don't expect to get a sudden increase scores until you adjust to the change. Hidden also works well to break that habit.

in case your wondering how you can still keep good accuracy while looking higher up, it's because most good players rely more on the music than watching the notes hit the bottom of the screen.

Whatever you do, the end goal should be to learn to use the music to help with the timing rather than watching the notes hit the bottom.
johnmedina999
The middle of the screen is good.

The way I do it is I set my "comboposition" to about the 1/3 mark from the top and the "scoreposition" to about 1/2, or a bit lower. That way I can focus my eyes on the judgement and can still easily see my combo.
Caput Mortuum
It depends from person to person tho
I personally like to look at the top of the screen, mainly because I use hd (or is it the other way around idk)
Topic Starter
Cyfer
Hey ^^ Thx for the replys, I figured looking at the middle of my screen was the best choice, and I noticed a huge spike in performance when I got used to it.
I also changed my BPM to 32 from 29 because of that ^^