forum

GFX Bimonthly #4 - Set Render [Finished]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Reunilu
Affiliiated with Artem Familia

Aaand submissions closed! I'll go ahead and anounce next week's prompt, since I've been dying to see this one in action and it might take a little bit of prep, depending on who you are. You guys need a little less dependence on some things, so next week I'm putting restrictions on what you can do! Here's the list:

1. The blend mode Luminosity is banned.
  2. The adjustment layer Gradient Map is banned.
  3. Text is not allowed unless used as decoration (such as using typography textures like this one) or as a watermark.
  4. Fractals,bokehs, and anything focused on being sparkly are banned.
  5. You cannot use more than 4 adjustment layers.
("I hope I'm not confusing you", version: It's Freestyle/Anything Goes without limits on sizes, except some GFX resources and features of editing programs are banned (see above))

New!

I'll be giving out a little GFX piece to every voter, just to say thanks for voting! Here's what they might look like:

Things to remember about voting:
  1. Everyone is able to vote. However, the participants will not be able to vote for themselves, as votes towards themselves will not count.
  2. Voting is about who has the most skill.
  3. Votes will be counted by post, not poll.
  4. One vote per person.
  5. This isn't a required part of voting, but if you would like to suggest themes for future GFX Bimonthies, go ahead. : >
Updated!

1. You must have a valid reason for your vote to count. Vague things like "this looks better than the others" and "this is perfect" and off-topic statements like "because I said so" are the only things that will not make your vote count. That said, constructive critcism is highly encouraged.
A quote from my friend Spitty:

1. Does the signature fit the theme?
  2. Does it look pleasing?
  3. Do you think proper techniques were used?

Entries
Flowerbed

Lucid

A Wonderful Rabbit Life

あなたにムチュー

Bunny~

Little Bunny

Timeless

Magic

WahUsaMimi

Bloom Where You Are Planted

Voting ends May 6th!

Previous edit
Let's do something different for this one. The next couple ones might be different too, depending on what happens.

Remember the following if you want to participate:

1. Anyone can enter unless specified by me. Yes, even beginners can partipate! It's all good clean fun.
  2. Your entry must follow the theme and GFX type.
  3. Your entry must be within size limits.
  4. Work must be submitted before midnight GMT of the due date.
  5. Plagiarism is absolutely, most definitely, and highly not allowed. You will be disqualified if I find you editing someone else's GFX without permission and banned from future competitions.
  6. All submissions have to be anonymous. If you're participating, you can leave a post here saying that you're participating, but it's not required. You can also leave comments about your entry, but don't outright post what it looks like.
  7. As such, please PM me with the form below.
  8. Because this is all anonymous, if you have a watermark that includes your name, please use a different watermark.
Updated Rules!

1. Now that Artem Familia is a thing, I'll allow entries to be submitted via DM on Discord. I'll still need the codes for entries, of course.

Theme: Set Render
GFX Type: Any
Max Size: None

The render can be found here!: http://partyxglam.deviantart.com/art/Bu ... -452059312

Form and Example:

[insert entry here]
[insert forum code for image here]
Proof:

[img]http://orig06.deviantart.net/f6f2/f/2014/158/a/4/a4abacda5735b72780f54392e700b5ff-d7lfc7o.png[/img]
Proof: http://www.mediafire.com/file/01da4llnewsukau/cirno.psd

Due Date: April 29th

Banlist

• Kamikazy - Plagiarism. Cannot participate 'til hell freezes over.
Luisina
I'll participate!~
again
JayM3_
Lemme try something new
AngeLNarancia
a doubt

Does it have to be a specific render or can it be any?
a1l2d3r4e5d6

-Hime wrote:

It's a specific render and can be found in the original post. :p

Reunilu wrote:

The render can be found here!: http://partyxglam.deviantart.com/art/Bu ... -452059312
AngeLNarancia

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

-Hime wrote:

It's a specific render and can be found in the original post. :p

Reunilu wrote:

Okey thanks uwu
Kurochiie

JayM3_ wrote:

Lemme try something new.
I'll participate. :>
AngeLNarancia
I'll participate uwu
Senritsu
Participating 'cause i can c:
Topic Starter
Reunilu
Friendly reminder that submissions end in a little over 36 hours : >
Topic Starter
Reunilu
Aaand submissions closed! I'll go ahead and anounce next week's prompt, since I've been dying to see this one in action and it might take a little bit of prep, depending on who you are. You guys need a little less dependence on some things, so next week I'm putting restrictions on what you can do! Here's the list:

1. The blend mode Luminosity is banned.
  2. The adjustment layer Gradient Map is banned.
  3. Text is not allowed unless used as decoration (such as using typography textures like this one) or as a watermark.
  4. Fractals, bokehs, and anything focused on being sparkly are banned.
  5. You cannot use more than 4 adjustment layers.
("I hope I'm not confusing you", version: It's Freestyle/Anything Goes without limits on sizes, except some GFX resources and features of editing programs are banned (see above))

New!

I'll be giving out a little GFX piece to every voter, just to say thanks for voting! Here's what they might look like:

Things to remember about voting:
  1. Everyone is able to vote. However, the participants will not be able to vote for themselves, as votes towards themselves will not count.
  2. Voting is about who has the most skill.
  3. Votes will be counted by post, not poll.
  4. One vote per person.
  5. This isn't a required part of voting, but if you would like to suggest themes for future GFX Bimonthies, go ahead. : >
Updated!

1. You must have a valid reason for your vote to count. Vague things like "this looks better than the others" and "this is perfect" and off-topic statements like "because I said so" are the only things that will not make your vote count. That said, constructive critcism is highly encouraged.
A quote from my friend Spitty:

1. Does the signature fit the theme?
  2. Does it look pleasing?
  3. Do you think proper techniques were used?

Entries
Flowerbed

Lucid

A Wonderful Rabbit Life

あなたにムチュー

Bunny~

Little Bunny

Timeless

Magic

WahUsaMimi

Bloom Where You Are Planted

Voting ends May 6th!
Luisina
My vote goes for Timeless, I like the background and the idea of use the render in this way is just unique. Clean and good edit~
Akito
Hi, I really don't know anything about GFX but I'll be voting since I promised to do so.
I thought every entry was really good, but in the end it came down to what stood out to me the most.
I'll be voting for "Lucid", I find it really nice to look at while still capturing my interest. I really like how I didn't have to stare at the image to see everything that's going on and the colours in the background helped with that.
Also sorry Jay, I kinda had to disregard your submission because I knew it was yours and idk the rules around that but I didn't want to be biased :c.
Janpai
I want to say to all artist who joined this bimonthy a congratulations for all your works! I honestly feel envy on the skills of the following artist but anyway here's my vote it's my first time to vote though and I'm not experienced as others do.
My vote goes to Timeless
I was mindblown on this entry. Like when I saw the render, I'm expecting entrants to make it cute because it's a rabbit ofc but this one is super unique. The concept is really nice and there's something mysterious about the girl makes me so curious about. Although the girl could have another color aside from blue and orange palette. I can't say anything more, it's really amazing >///<)b
[ Spoon ]
I am not a GFX artist nor do I know anything about it. However there was one piece that really stood out to me. I'll be voting for Timeless. I think this artwork does a great job of using shadows and highlights but what most stood out was the window behind the girl that shows different weather conditions and it leaves me thinking why the artist put that in there. Although I somewhat feel like the girl is a bit out of place, I still think this is a great artwork! :) Very mysterious~
Tae
gonna go against these other people and vote for あなたにムチュー. While it is what you'd expect of this render, it still works well and looks p good imo :^)
is she meant to be hovering like that in the timeless entry...?
Topic Starter
Reunilu

-Akito wrote:

idk the rules around that but I didn't want to be biased :c.
There actually aren't any rules regarding biased voting, since I can't prove prejudiced votes like I can for plagiarism (most of the time, anyway). I leave that all on the moral conscious of the person that votes. That, and if you have a good enough eye, it's possible to guess who made what based on the style and I can't stop a person from doing that.

Though, if it becomes obvious that a person is biased by repeated votes for a particular person and I have good reason to think so, I might do something about it~
Phenlex
I don't even know if my vote counts cause I'm a shitter nobody, but in the case that it does; I vote for Timeless. Fuck, that shit so on fleek, even mothafuckin Jesus in on board wid it. Gud shit. (Translation: I really like how the colours are contrasting, but still manage to blend in to the environment smoothly. There's also a lot of depth in the image itself, and it looks cleanly edited. Props to the artist.)
- K a t h -

Phenlex wrote:

I don't even know if my vote counts cause I'm a shitter nobody, but in the case that it does; I vote for Timeless. Fuck, that shit so on fleek, even mothafuckin Jesus in on board wid it. Gud shit. (Translation: I really like how the colours are contrasting, but still manage to blend in to the environment smoothly. There's also a lot of depth in the image itself, and it looks cleanly edited. Props to the artist.)
This is why I love you dude. ♥
I also agree, of all the entries, Timeless is the only one who used a different technique and really executed everything well.
Lyaneii
My vote definitely goes to Timeless, everything is just perfect, the colours, the setting and how you positioned the render so it looks like she is sitting on something. Truly beautiful 💝.
show more