forum

FCing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
1Alone
Take a look at my current pp and top ranks, do you guys have any recommendations for me to improve my pp? What * should I FC? 4 or 5? What should I do to improve? Like what part should I focus on? Or maybe some pp farming beatmap probably? ;) Any tips for controlling rage if I keep choking even after 10+ retries? lol

I'm sorry if I sound so desperate, my friends are really catching up to me right now lol
Hiro-Senpai
You already know what to do. Play maps in the star rage that you are playin right now
For you star range 4-4.7* should be a sweet spot

But whatever you feel
Topic Starter
1Alone

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

You already know what to do. Play maps in the star rage that you are playin right now
For you star range 4-4.7* should be a sweet spot

But whatever you feel
Thanks for the range! That should help a bit (probably). Now I just need to handle my anger issues of not being able to handle insanity for osu.
Hiro-Senpai
chill man, you have to play osu with having an attitude of a stoner after 3 kgs of marijuana :P
Don't get mad and try to not stress out. If you are fcing something with fairly high acc and you miss at the end it is probably a choke
Think about it that way if you managed to play almost the whole map with high combo and acc you are good enough for the end part aswell
Sandy Hoey
If you are getting frustrated, the best thing I find (personally) is to get a lot of maps in the range and never play a map more than once or twice. This still gives you a lot of experience and a wide range in an area, but doesn't push you into a frenzy
Topic Starter
1Alone

Sandy Hoey wrote:

If you are getting frustrated, the best thing I find (personally) is to get a lot of maps in the range and never play a map more than once or twice. This still gives you a lot of experience and a wide range in an area, but doesn't push you into a frenzy
But won't that make you take a longer time to fc a song? But yeah, having your sanity controlled is better I guess

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

chill man, you have to play osu with having an attitude of a stoner after 3 kgs of marijuana :P
Don't get mad and try to not stress out. If you are fcing something with fairly high acc and you miss at the end it is probably a choke
Think about it that way if you managed to play almost the whole map with high combo and acc you are good enough for the end part aswell
I usually choked in the middle part. I handle the intro and ending well. Choking in the middle part is the worst because that's where your final combo drops drastically :o I got an S for a song with 697 notes with only 369 combos and 1 miss in the middle part lol. Get me some snoop dog level-weed please :lol:
Sandy Hoey
Sometimes replay a song over and over again doesnt get you anywhere and all that happens is you get angry. it is better to take your mind off of that one and maybe you come back to it later and you can do better. it happens
ManuelOsuPlayer

1Alone wrote:

Take a look at my current pp and top ranks, do you guys have any recommendations for me to improve my pp? What * should I FC? 4 or 5? What should I do to improve? Like what part should I focus on? Or maybe some pp farming beatmap probably? ;) Any tips for controlling rage if I keep choking even after 10+ retries? lol

I'm sorry if I sound so desperate, my friends are really catching up to me right now lol
If you want easy PP go to my profile topranks. Try the ones where i had good acc because probably are the easier ones. There are a loot of easy maps. A lot of them was sigthread plays so you can get more PP and better acc than me by retrying a little. Also you can add the bot tillerino open a chat to him and write !r and he will give you maps to fc.

In way to improve i like to play the easier maps where i have the worst scores. For example if i watch a 3* where i have a C probably i can learn something i already don't know by retrying the map, check my replays etc.
I reccomend you to focus on AIM first. Once you can control well the cursor you can focus on do patterns. Like learn to do well triples, doubles, bursts, stacked circles, spaced jumps/streams, fast/slow bpm... Once you can do well that it's 100% reading. If you can read well something what you know how to do you will do it.

It depends what you're retrying and why you're doing it. If you retry maps to fc what you think you have the skills to fc you should miss at same circles/patterns everytime. If that's the case you can check the replay and analice it or If you get frustrated you can also play using HalfTime mod to check better why you miss there. When you retry a lot you learn the map without notice so you will miss at same circle using halftime even if it's easy. Using HalfTime it's easier to notice the miss.
If your misses are totally random you haven't the skill to play that map even if it's easy. Ignore that map and don't retry/replay it until you improve a lot. You only lose time and energy when you could waste it doing other maps more productive to you. You can play it for fun anyways, but then you shouldn't care at all by misses if you enjoy play it.

10 times it's nothing. I retry a 5'2* map 250 times in a row. xD
I don't learn absolutelly nothing usefull out of the map from retry that map, maybe "stamina retrying", if that is something. xD
I did pass it with good and combo thanks of gods.
Also i learn much more by playing and retry a 2* map a couple times using HalfTime.

Btw PP and rank isn't a perfectly skill indicator. Tomorrow i can win more than 40k ranks by searching low bpm low AR maps and fill my 100topranks playing 2/3* HDDTHR or easy 4-5* bad rated maps. If i do that i'm wasting my time to learn 2* maps and nothing else usefull. PP it's a Reward for your skill, don't fool yourself playing easy maps for PP to think you're much better.
Just press F2 and play the maps what you're enjoying while playing them. If you don't enjoy the map don't keep playing it.
Topic Starter
1Alone

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Sometimes replay a song over and over again doesnt get you anywhere and all that happens is you get angry. it is better to take your mind off of that one and maybe you come back to it later and you can do better. it happens
You're probably right, I'll stop retrying for now.

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

If you want easy PP go to my profile topranks. Try the ones where i had good acc because probably are the easier ones. There are a loot of easy maps. A lot of them was sigthread plays so you can get more PP and better acc than me by retrying a little. Also you can add the bot tillerino open a chat to him and write !r and he will give you maps to fc.

In way to improve i like to play the easier maps where i have the worst scores. For example if i watch a 3* where i have a C probably i can learn something i already don't know by retrying the map, check my replays etc.
I reccomend you to focus on AIM first. Once you can control well the cursor you can focus on do patterns. Like learn to do well triples, doubles, bursts, stacked circles, spaced jumps/streams, fast/slow bpm... Once you can do well that it's 100% reading. If you can read well something what you know how to do you will do it.

It depends what you're retrying and why you're doing it. If you retry maps to fc what you think you have the skills to fc you should miss at same circles/patterns everytime. If that's the case you can check the replay and analice it or If you get frustrated you can also play using HalfTime mod to check better why you miss there. When you retry a lot you learn the map without notice so you will miss at same circle using halftime even if it's easy. Using HalfTime it's easier to notice the miss.
If your misses are totally random you haven't the skill to play that map even if it's easy. Ignore that map and don't retry/replay it until you improve a lot. You only lose time and energy when you could waste it doing other maps more productive to you. You can play it for fun anyways, but then you shouldn't care at all by misses if you enjoy play it.

10 times it's nothing. I retry a 5'2* map 250 times in a row. xD
I don't learn absolutelly nothing usefull out of the map from retry that map, maybe "stamina retrying", if that is something. xD
I did pass it with good and combo thanks of gods.
Also i learn much more by playing and retry a 2* map a couple times using HalfTime.

Btw PP and rank isn't a perfectly skill indicator. Tomorrow i can win more than 40k ranks by searching low bpm low AR maps and fill my 100topranks playing 2/3* HDDTHR or easy 4-5* bad rated maps. If i do that i'm wasting my time to learn 2* maps and nothing else usefull. PP it's a Reward for your skill, don't fool yourself playing easy maps for PP to think you're much better.
Just press F2 and play the maps what you're enjoying while playing them. If you don't enjoy the map don't keep playing it.
- Lol thanks for the maps and the bot, I'll check them out.
- My aim is quite fine now I think, I usually nails 300 on jumps. My stream got lots of 100 though :P, and for others I'm fine (doubles, triples etc. except suddenly changing bpm) . You probably meant maps with unusual mapping style (like masterpiece etc.), they contain a lot of geometrical shapes which is kind of my weakness (not really though, l only had problems with half octagons. I'm doing fine with the rest). Haven't touched halftime yet since I started lol, at most I touched is NF. I'll try checking it out later. And yeah my misses are around the same spot.
- Damn 250 times, what are you? A robot? :lol: At the 100th time I'll probably go insane already lol
- Haha yeah I get that a lot. Like for instance when Beatrice is supposed to be one of the great mouse player but didn't get shown in the top players because of the pp ranking system. I just wanted to leave my friends in the dust lol.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Unusual mapping style still being circles. Play unusual maps for you using HalfTime. HT It's not like a cheat or you are learning the map. The circles and the rythm it's the same. It's like start playing Osu and try to play 5* maps instead the 1*. You don't learn a shit. Make hard things for you go slower and sigthread them or retry a couple times it's pretty usefull. Even If you learn the map instead play it using your reading skills you're doing something what can help you to play similar maps using sigthread, or at least be more consistent at them when you can read them. I use halftime when i can do a song perfectly but i miss everysingle time at the same circle. Also i love technical maps and low bpm maps what have lot of circles. Lot of these maps are totally out of my reading speed so i play them using HT in way to enjoy them with the skills what i have rigth now.
To start stream i use the map tower of heaven - another. I think it's a good map to learn something. The burst are exactly the same sound that the streams. You can use Relax mod in way to listen the hitsounds and understand how the burst sound, so you can reply the sound using your keyboard. Doing this help to associate reading with sounds.
In way to follow long streams with cursor get used to follow the slidders to the end first, instead only to the middle, 3/4, or 90%. Usually by watching the few next circles while you're doing the stream you can follow better and predict the speed just by moving the cursor at same speed. Some people like to watch the circle where they are in way to keep the cursor in the middle all the time, thats worst to follow streams with bpm changes in my opinion. Anyways read the first circle of the stream and keep reading at least 5 more it's important in way to move your eyes into the next few circles.
If the same misses are at same circles it's a good song for you to improve.

Yeah, just check MinG3012 I'm sure If rankings system be real skill indicator that guy will be into top #50.

Who need enemys having friends like you hehe. I usually let my friends win xD I'm more into beat myself but competition it's fun too^^
Topic Starter
1Alone

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

To start stream i use the map tower of heaven - another.
^ Hey I used that map too. And yes that's a super well done map for training streams. Monstrata used to say somewhere in the forums that he plays with relax mode first before playing it because he wanted to hear the burst sounds so he can get the beat right while playing it. Personally I think it's a hassle playing it with relax first lol, but it does have its advantages. I just like to rush in lol. But yeah that's my opinion.

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Who need enemys having friends like you hehe. I usually let my friends win xD I'm more into beat myself but competition it's fun too^^
You had no idea how much they are going to joke about me if they managed to cut through me. I'm so desperate trying to fc insanes now :lol: