forum

Max spinner speed... why 477?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Soaprman
Searched for this in this board but found nothing. But it's something I've always been a little curious about but never bothered to ask. Where does the 477 number come from that auto spins at and that human players apparently can't exceed? Does it have to do with the way the game checks for circular motion or is it something else?
Kitsunemimi
It must be peppy's favourite number or something.
Hika
Rucker.
Also, I already hit max & most likely people already hit this number on average (HAHAHA) , can't we just allow the spinner to hit a higher number?
Shael_old
i've heard it can go above, but never saw it, i think the guy telling me that was talking bull shit anyway
KRZY

Shael wrote:

i've heard it can go above, but never saw it, i think the guy telling me that was talking bull shit anyway
Probably, I think osu is programmed so that you cannot exceed 477. You can, however, receive a spinner bonus higher than auto's.
Waryas

KRZY wrote:

Shael wrote:

Probably, I think osu is programmed so that you cannot exceed 477. You can, however, receive a spinner bonus higher than auto's.
Like that new guy who's setting #1 on easy with hardrock only and beating full mod SS.
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/75686
winber1

JesusYamato wrote:

Like that new guy who's setting #1 on easy with hardrock only and beating full mod SS.
wtf LOL.

there's probably some reason the max is 477, tho it is a really random number. it probably has to do with something technical, that i, being technologically challenged, do not understand. or maybe peppy is just trolling us with this random number

also, i was wondering if anyone else is able to spin faster using relax, rather than playing normally. I just realized this like a few days ago that i can easily spin 460 with relax... however, barely 400 with without it... is this happening to anyone else? ._. if yes, why is it like this? ._.
Waryas
relax makes the requirement to spin faster less (idk if that makes sense i'm tired)
Shael_old

JesusYamato wrote:

KRZY wrote:

do want replay

10chars .
iDwarf

winber1 wrote:

wtf LOL.

there's probably some reason the max is 477, tho it is a really random number. it probably has to do with something technical, that i, being technologically challenged, do not understand. or maybe peppy is just trolling us with this random number

also, i was wondering if anyone else is able to spin faster using relax, rather than playing normally. I just realized this like a few days ago that i can easily spin 460 with relax... however, barely 400 with without it... is this happening to anyone else? ._. if yes, why is it like this? ._.

Just why you are trying to find meaning of this number? It bothers you or what?
maay

Soaprman wrote:

it's something I've always been a little curious about
Topic Starter
Soaprman

JesusYamato wrote:

KRZY wrote:

We don't need another "this score doesn't look right" thread around here... interesting about that spinner bonus fact though. Any replays as reference?
Waryas
The one i linked... He's spinning 477 and getting 500k bonus per spin.
I think you mistook what i tried to point out here.
JAKACHAN

Soaprman wrote:

We don't need another "this score doesn't look right" thread around here... interesting about that spinner bonus fact though. Any replays as reference?
I just watched the replay of that new guy and it just looks crazy funny how he goes from 200 spins to 477 and receiving a 10k+ bonus in less than a second. Not gonna say anything though cause I would rather not start anything lol.

Edit: Screenshot -
Neruell
It's Cookiezi multiaccount, he is trolling new people on easy maps to accept their faith in being low compared to him in any way :p
Wishy
He's not a cheater unless you have solid proof pointing him as one.
Neruell
the proof is that he hacked into source code of osu and changed the amount of bonus score he gets with spinning + he uses a bot for spinning and i guess it is obvious, his own replay shows that pretty obviously.
Wishy
It was a joke, aevv wasn't going to get banned either but he said "I'M A CHEAT BAN ME" and that was the reason he got banned lol.
JAKACHAN
"Insert fail interpretation of above post" x.x
Wishy
The fact he won't be banned because there isn't any conclusive proof was a joke.
show more