forum

Mouse and Tablet combo

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tomusan
This is most likely not a common thing but I used mouse and tablet for osu!.
I am left handed but I have been using the mouse with my right my entire life. So I thought that if I used the mouse, I could click faster.

How I did it

Most of you probably don't have an extra mouse laying around but I used my old Razer Naga and blocked off the sensor.
I used a program called X-Mouse and made it so that left and right click would be my buttons for osu!.
It was going to disable clicking in menus and such so I decided to route left click to middle click. I then changed my tablet settings so that the pen clicking would be middle click.

UPDATE
I play tablet keyboard now ^-^
I found out that I am actually pretty bad at double tapping with the mouse so I went back to the keyboard :/
So I'm just gonna leave this here if anyone is interested in the play style.
1Alone
There's no wrong way of playing this game, you just find what you comfortable with and keep moving on lol. I remembered reading somewhere that there was a time where some people got joked upon by using the 2 mouse gameplay (One for moving and one for clicking, lol :lol: ) but there's one player who got to the osu competition playing that style, so people stopped joking about it. I really remembered reading it somewhere, too bad I can't remember it. Who knows you might be the new player who introduced a brand new style after this? ;)