forum

Help to improve Jumps/streams/over all skill

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Keeesh
I'm looking for maps to help me improve my gameplay in osu, if anyone can give me a map pack or couple of maps to help me improve that would great.
my preference is 4-5 star maps and the AR or BPM is what comes with it.
Realmas
Man, at your level simply try to get good acc FCs on 3* maps, that's the best way to progress. It's waaaay too early to train streams and all ...
And don't say that you can play 5*, because you can't. :v
Simply download a lot of maps and play some 3* while focusing on accuracy.
Kyrari
Play easier maps that you can at the very very very minimum get 90% on, even mid 4* maps seems too hard for you now and you should just take it slower and slowly adapt to a higher difficulty.
Braixen-Desu
Rank 300k, and you start playing 4* maps? It's probably too early IMO to start playing 4* maps. Start playing when you get confident with AR 8-9, or around 150k. Either that or consistently get A's or high B's on the harder 3 stars.
The song that helped me transition from 3-4*s is this:
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/347234
Note: Beating this does NOT mean that you are a 4* player
1Alone
Dude you wanna follow my path? Rushing directly to insanes? lol Yeah I admit that I rushed to insanes 1 month ago (I'm just like you 1 month ago, see my performance history, I'm around #500k+ there ;) ) before I could even S a 3* map, and trust me, it's not pretty. Right after I start to get used to AR9 and insanes I am forced back to S all of my hard maps in order to S my insanes maps. Yeah true you could get high combo and getting 85%+ B acc on insanes maps even if you rushed into it but sooner or later you will hit the peak where you need to S your insanes to gain pp (I know I'm at that peak now lol, I'm struggling so hard now). It takes me a whole 3 weeks to pass insanes maps (that is with rip accuracy way lol, could barely keep 100+ combos with 80%+ acc) after I rushed it directly. I really suggest you not to follow the path I'm going down and

Braixen-Desu wrote:

Rank 300k, and you start playing 4* maps? It's probably too early IMO to start playing 4* maps. Start playing when you get confident with AR 8-9, or around 150k. Either that or consistently get A's or high B's on the harder 3 stars.

The song that helped me transition from 3-4*s is this:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/347234

Note: Beating this does NOT mean that you are a 4* player
^ :D
dGeist

1Alone wrote:

Dude you wanna follow my path? Rushing directly to insanes? lol Yeah I admit that I rushed to insanes 1 month ago (I'm just like you 1 month ago, see my performance history, I'm around #500k+ there ;) ) before I could even S a 3* map, and trust me, it's not pretty. Right after I start to get used to AR9 and insanes I am forced back to S all of my hard maps in order to S my insanes maps. Yeah true you could get high combo and getting 85%+ B acc on insanes maps even if you rushed into it but sooner or later you will hit the peak where you need to S your insanes to gain pp (I know I'm at that peak now lol, I'm struggling so hard now). It takes me a whole 3 weeks to pass insanes maps (that is with rip accuracy way lol, could barely keep 100+ combos with 80%+ acc) after I rushed it directly. I really suggest you not to follow the path I'm going down and
Good example here. I rushed 4* a year ago and now I have to either get a FC 5.6* TV size or S rank a 5* map to get significant pp.
I am considering of retiring from 5-7* and starting back to 2* (or even quitting from pp hunting, just play for fun and multi)
I HIGHLY suggest and hope you're capable of PERFECTING streams and stacks at 3* and 4* because you will need to in the insane and expert maps later on.
dung eater
A good way to find not boring maps with any stars is to look at object count divided by time. Only going for higher stars might make you neglect things other than aim.
Topic Starter
Keeesh

Realmas wrote:

Man, at your level simply try to get good acc FCs on 3* maps, that's the best way to progress. It's waaaay too early to train streams and all ...
And don't say that you can play 5*, because you can't. :v
Simply download a lot of maps and play some 3* while focusing on accuracy.

I can get 90% or higher accuracy on some 3* maps, the only reason i want to move to this difficulty is because 3* maps are not that fun or challenging imo and i want something challenging to play with, my main objective is not really to improve in the ranks but to improve enough to be able to play these types of maps consistintly, currently for me on 4-5* maps i have around 100 combo and 75-90% accuracy. what do you recommend as in maps to play?
Sandy Hoey
90% isn't even considered good. 96%+ is what you should be aiming for
Astrofiziks

Keeesh wrote:

I can get 90% or higher accuracy on some 3* maps, the only reason i want to move to this difficulty is because 3* maps are not that fun or challenging imo and i want something challenging to play with, my main objective is not really to improve in the ranks but to improve enough to be able to play these types of maps consistintly, currently for me on 4-5* maps i have around 100 combo and 75-90% accuracy. what do you recommend as in maps to play?
all you're going to learn is how to mash your way through a map
Topic Starter
Keeesh
thank you all for the advice and hope you all have a good time.

and btw should i go for long maps or short or a mix?
1Alone

Keeesh wrote:

Anything but TV Sized maps, they said 3 minute maps offers you a lot more than what TV sized have in store. But if you find that a song is catchy and you like it, what's the harm in playing it? ;)
Topic Starter
Keeesh

1Alone wrote:

Keeesh wrote:

Anything but TV Sized maps, they said 3 minute maps offers you a lot more than what TV sized have in store. But if you find that a song is catchy and you like it, what's the harm in playing it? ;)
Thank you for the advice, i never like TV sized maps for some reason and what does TV size mean?
Realmas
TV size = approximately 01:27 long.
These are openings generally, so shorter versions of musics.
Topic Starter
Keeesh

Realmas wrote:

TV size = approximately 01:27 long.
These are openings generally, so shorter versions of musics.
thank you for the information.
Braixen-Desu

Keeesh wrote:

Depends how you like it
TV size=Fast but short
Medium maps (2:20-3:00) Good speed, kind of long
Long maps (3:00-4:00) Slow, long, but good pp
Marathons (999999999999:00-infinity) Don't do it