forum

[resolved] osu direct - no preview sound for beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jackthelampie
hi for some reason osu direct has stopped previewing the songs when i click on the beatmaps.
i have tried the stable release and i am on the cutting edge release atm.

any one have a clue to what is happening or is it just something on my end.

thanks

osu! version: 20170404.2 (latest)
Blushing
Have you made sure that your music volume is at a hearing level? If not, that is where I would start.

If the sound is at a hearing level, then maybe the headphones (if you are using them) are not fully plugged in, causing a break in the sound.

Another alternate solution could be that you have ran out of osu!supporter and it will not allow to preview the songs, as you are not a supporter.
Topic Starter
jackthelampie
Hmmm I don't think it is that, all my volumes are fine and all the other sounds and music is working.
As for my supporter it runs out in October so I doubt it is that.

I will try and re install osu and see if that works.

Thanks
Topic Starter
jackthelampie
well even tried a completely new install of osu and that is still having the same issue.

i am at a loss at the moment.
Blushing
Have you tried checking your, if you use them, headphones? If you don't use headphones then maybe it is your speakers/sound software that you use?

If anything you could look to see if anybody else has had this problem, whether is it on this game or just in general.
Topic Starter
jackthelampie
just tried a couple of things and for some reason it seems to work on my speakers on my av reciever which is connected via hdmi but when i select my headphones again it dosn't work.

i get all the other sounds and music except for the prieview in osu direct.

something really fishy is going on here.

ill have a look to see if anyone else has had this problem and i might as in the help chat aswell.

thanks
Topic Starter
jackthelampie
ok so now it is all working again.....
it turns out that in my creative audio controll panel my speakers were set to headphones so i set them to 2/2.1 config and the previews magically started working.

i have no idea how that would affect things like that but it did.

thanks for the help
everything is now sorted

YAY :)
Blushing
Glad everything is working.