Youtube video collection!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
http://youtube.com/groups_videos?name=osume

osu! playlist

http://www.youtube.com/p/385B26C7B1103914

Calling all osu! players to make more footage of the game available to spread the word :D. We really need to get some footage using non-default skins, and on some of the beatmaps out there that are really awesome but haven't been recorded yet. If you do youtube any footage, please add the keywords "osu! beatmap simulator" (any others you can think of?) and add a link in this thread so I can add to the existing playlist.

For a guide on making your own Youtube videos, click here.

theowest wrote:

I've made new gameplay video topics for each new game mode forum, so post in the right game mode specific topic now:
Catch the Beat
osu!mania
taiko

This topic will now contain just osu! standard mode videos.
TiZ
Perhaps adding Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! and Elite Beat Agents would work well.

I'll do my best to get some good replay footage, but FRAPS seems to suck at recording this game. Dunno why. Maybe it's just Vista. Any ideas on other progs to use?

EDIT: Also, none of my vids will have combo fire. My lappy can't handle the combo fire.
awp
Bah! I have a video of a run through the song I'm working on but it's since been changed around so kind of not valid.

As for recording programs, I have one that records a region of your desktop but it's one of those trial versions and I haven't bothered to crack/pirate it properly so an "Unregistered QuickCam!" (or something like it) dialogue box will be watermarked in SOLID BLACK BAR on the top. You can always just crop that out of your video...I haven't actually tested it yet so I'll give it a try and report back. FRAPS tends to lag my machine down a bit and I have to run it through various media tools four times to get an end product via FRAPS which is a bit much.
Demicol
Well, seems like you already found two of my videos, but here are all three videos that I have recorded:

Dango Daikazoku(Beatmap by Hitoshirenu Shourai)
Dango Daikazoku(Beatmap by Donryu)
Never Gonna Give You Up

I would happily do more, but for some unkown reason no video recording sofware I've tried records sounds properly with Osu! and Stepmania(All other games come up properly), and they end up full of crackle if the song isn't "calm" like the Dango ones.
Topic Starter
peppy

Demicol wrote:

Well, seems like you already found two of my videos, but here are all three videos that I have recorded:

Dango Daikazoku(Beatmap by Hitoshirenu Shourai)
Dango Daikazoku(Beatmap by Donryu)
Never Gonna Give You Up

I would happily do more, but for some unkown reason no video recording sofware I've tried records sounds properly with Osu! and Stepmania(All other games come up properly), and they end up full of crackle if the song isn't "calm" like the Dango ones.
Try either lowering the volume in osu!, or your Wave playback volume in windows settings. Actually, you should also check the recording source (What-U-Hear?) for the volume there. One of these should fix it! osu! generally has a high sound volume, which would cause this.
Demicol
Lowering the master volume on osu! worked. Thank you very much!
Here are some more videos.

Cheer! ~Makkana Kimochi~
Tori no Uta
Ready Steady Go!
Lydia
EDIT:Angry Video Game Nerd Theme
Topic Starter
peppy
Great stuff :).
awp
Would someone be so kind as to record my replay on Wizards in Winter [Insane]? I've attempted to but my computer is going ballistic over it.
Demicol

awp wrote:

Would someone be so kind as to record my replay on Wizards in Winter [Insane]? I've attempted to but my computer is going ballistic over it.
I'll see what I can do.

EDIT:
Here you go:
YouTube link Wizards in Winter If you want me to remove it incase you're uploading it your self, just say so.
Download link Wizards in Winter
gyrus_old
I tried uploading one but youtube said it was copyright infringement :cry:
Topic Starter
peppy

gyrus wrote:

fsck youtube. Lately I can't find any PVs/MVs on there because they are ALL TAKEN DOWN. Seriously, they are going too far...
awp
Awesome, thanks Demicol
gyrus_old
My vid just randomly appeared!: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ctSA_yWOKXY
awp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywylUq6SinI

sorry, Jean, but you knew this was coming.
Kanda Aoi
Can anyone make a video of Hanamaru Sensation, Summer Festival and Naraku no Hana? I really wanna see 'em in action ._.
Also can someone upload the mp3 of Summer Festival? I swear to god I've looked across the whole frickin' 'net and I can't find a plain Mp3 of it v_v
Topic Starter
peppy

Kanda Aoi wrote:

Can anyone make a video of Hanamaru Sensation, Summer Festival and Naraku no Hana? I really wanna see 'em in action ._.
Also can someone upload the mp3 of Summer Festival? I swear to god I've looked across the whole frickin' 'net and I can't find a plain Mp3 of it v_v
if you want the mp3, download the osz file and rename it to a zip.
Kanda Aoi

peppy wrote:

Kanda Aoi wrote:

if you want the mp3, download the osz file and rename it to a zip.
I had no idea I could do that :O
Thanks! :D
Puffles
Beginner_old
there is a university in oklahoma with the same name as OSU! maybe you should rename it :ugeek:
GEN_old

gyrus wrote:

I find the best way to avoid that is to make the video title as vaguely descriptive as you can. As long as one tag will make it easy enough for those who are looking (people who aren't ban drones) to find there's a chance it will stay up there for quite a while.
show more