forum

The SylVus Open Tournament [COMPLETED]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Axaptice

Hello and welcome to the first ever SylVus Open! This tournament is for players between the ranks of 50k - 90k. The matches will be played 1v1 from start to finish on Score v1.

Up to 64 player slots will be available for immediate entry (we also accept reserves, but no guarantees). These players will be randomly seeded before round 1 into a 1v1 match against another player. The matches will begin on May 20th and end on May 28th. The first few rounds will be single elimination, but the quarterfinals and onward will be double elimination. We will be using Score v1 for the entirety of the tournament. The mappool will be released on May 15th, giving players a week to prepare for their matches.

Match Info:
  1. Score v1, Head to head, 1v1
  2. Round 1 will be randomly seeded.
  3. Players who make it to the quarterfinals will be randomly seeded again.
  4. Rounds 1 to 3 will be single elimination. Every subsequent round (quarterfinals onward) will be double elimination.
  5. Rounds 1 to 3 are best of 7. Quarterfinals and semifinals will be best of 9. The grand finals will be best of 11.
  6. Matches will be played during the weekends. Specifically on the 20th - 21st and 27th - 28th of May.
  7. Rounds 1 to 3 will take place from 10AM - 3PM PDT or 6PM -11PM BST, however later rounds will have more subjective scheduling.
  8. Players will be able to ban one map per match.
  9. At the start of the match, both players will !roll. The winner of the !roll gets to ban second and has their choice of if they want to pick the first or second map.
  10. The mappool will remain the same throughout the tournament and will be released on May 15th via Discord.
Rules:
  1. Players must be between ranks 50,000 and 90,000 to compete. No Higher, no lower. Your rank by May 8th is where we will consider your rank frozen. (Basically, if you’re below 90k by May 8th, you will be eligible to enter, however if you farm below 50k by May 8th, then you’re not allowed to compete. Ranking up or decaying after May 8th is acceptable and will not affect your entry into the tournament).
  2. We are accepting reserves, however we cannot guarantee that you'll be able to play.
  3. Having discord is a requirement as important information will be shared through it. Users without a discord account will not be able to enter.
  4. Your Discord username should be the same as or contain your osu! in-game name.
  5. Please notify tournament staff either before or immediately after a name change.
  6. Players should be online at least 15 minutes before their matches. If a player is not present after 10 minutes of their assigned start time, the match will be considered forfeit.
  7. Players who don’t show up to their assigned match without notifying the staff of a time conflict will be blacklisted from the next season of this tournament.
  8. Disconnects are unfortunate, but they happen. A disconnect will be treated as a map loss, unless the player who didn’t disconnect agrees to replay the map. If a player is disconnected for longer than 10 minutes, the match will be considered forfeit.
  9. Toxicity is not permitted. Cases will be judged individually by the staff, however in general, we will use a two-strike system (depending on the severity of the offense). Playful banter is perfectly acceptable, but outright flaming and harassment is not cool.
  10. During a match, the ref will always have the final say for anything that happens in a lobby.

1. May 8th: player ranks are frozen and entries are finalized.
  2. May 15th: the mappool is released.
  3. May 20th: 64 players play against each other across 32 lobbies from 10AM - 3PM PDT or 6PM -11PM BST.
  4. May 21st: 32 players play against each other across 16 lobbies and then 16 players play against each other across 8 lobbies from 10AM - 3PM PDT or 6PM -11PM BST.
  5. May 27th: Quarterfinals plus losers bracket and then semifinals plus loser’s bracket.
  6. May 28th: Grand finals, 3rd/4th place match, and tournament conclusion.

1. Tournament admins: Syltrix, UnNVus
  2. Referees: BeatingHeart, divinereigns, Espalza, jonyqro, Karolina, Syltrix, this1neguy, UnNVus, Xelin1, YoshiLover456
  3. Streamer(s): BeatingHeart
  4. Commentator(s): Karolina, SakuraKaminari

1. The mappool will remain the same throughout the tournament and will be released on May 15th via Discord.
  2. 15 total maps:
  3. 6 nomod | 2 hidden | 2 hardrock | 2 doubletime | 2 freemod | 1 tiebreaker
  4. Star difficulty approximately between 4.3* and 4.7* (Please note that star value isn't necessarily the most accurate way of measuring a maps difficulty. We will be aiming to make the maps comboable, but with high diffuculty.)
  5. Only ranked maps will be in the pool.
  6. Players must pick a mod (HD, HR, or HDHR) for a freemod map.
Any pool feedback is highly appreciated and should be DM’d to either Syltrix or UnNVus on Discord.
(Please note that the pool is not yet released.)

[/url]

Registrations have been closed, sorry if you wanted to enter and didn't make it in time!

Players: 64/64

1. 1st place: 2 months of osu! supporter.
  2. 2nd place: 1 month of osu! supporter.

superliro wins! GGWP to all the contestants!
booty
Let's get pumped
xone
seems good to me :3
Scarlet Evans
I like it! Let's play :3

Up to 64 player slots will be available for immediate entry (we also accept reserves, but no guarantees).
Basically, if you’re below 90k by May 8th, you will be eligible to enter, however if you farm below 50k by May 8th, then you’re not allowed to compete.
With many players, there's almost always someone that will farm too much or decays out, so I suppose that some reserve of few players would be always advised to have?
Topic Starter
Axaptice

Scarlet Evans wrote:

I like it! Let's play :3

Up to 64 player slots will be available for immediate entry (we also accept reserves, but no guarantees).
Basically, if you’re below 90k by May 8th, you will be eligible to enter, however if you farm below 50k by May 8th, then you’re not allowed to compete.
With many players, there's almost always someone that will farm too much or decays out, so I suppose that some reserve of few players would be always advised to have?
Yeah, we're accepting reserves. I think I mentioned it somewhere above but I'll double check and add it if need be.
Acerd
Looking forward to this! Applied and hopefully I will be able to participate.
Mazz
Entered! Goodluck everyone.
Imagine Blaze
I’m at 46k QAQ will it be possible for me to not play for a month an drop my rank to 50k? or... may I enter at this rank? :cry:
Topic Starter
Axaptice

Imagine Blaze wrote:

I’m at 46k QAQ will it be possible for me to not play for a month an drop my rank to 50k? or... may I enter at this rank? :cry:
Your rank by may 8th is the rank that will be considered when attempting to enter the tournament. So yeah, if you manage to decay yourself past 50k by may 8th then you will be eligible to enter.
Megumj
Great tourney! 👍🏻
Syltrix

Geertje wrote:

Great tourney! 👍🏻
Thanks a lot! It's our first time hosting a tournament so we hope everything goes smooth and people will enjoy it.
Reminder that if you plan to sign up read through the thread carefully first. After making yourself familiar with the rules, format and timeline please fill out the registration form properly.
Thank you!
Frama
signed up, good luck everyone c:
tukimoop
tfw australian timezone and the match takes place in the morning :(
Syltrix

-Kohirii- wrote:

Sorry about that, but we're gonna have a small staff team so we can't really cover all timezones.
We knew that most people that would sign up are gonna be in the American or European timezone so we favored those.
It's also easier for us because UnNVus is from the US and I'm European so we can cover the timezones much easier in case problems come up.
If you don't mind playing in the morning you can obviously still sign up!
Senjou
Time to get pumped :0
tukimoop

Syltrix wrote:

-Kohirii- wrote:

Sorry about that, but we're gonna have a small staff team so we can't really cover all timezones.
We knew that most people that would sign up are gonna be in the American or European timezone so we favored those.
It's also easier for us because UnNVus is from the US and I'm European so we can cover the timezones much easier in case problems come up.
If you don't mind playing in the morning you can obviously still sign up!

playing at 3-8am in the morning? pssh, i can totally manage that! /s (i totally cannot wake up my parents just for supporter :P)

welp, it's still nice to know there's a tournament that exists for 5 digit players to play in, since these things most of the time cater to more higher players
hopefully guys will have a great tournament@
Syltrix

-Kohirii- wrote:

playing at 3-8am in the morning? pssh, i can totally manage that! /s (i totally cannot wake up my parents just for supporter :P)

welp, it's still nice to know there's a tournament that exists for 5 digit players to play in, since these things most of the time cater to more higher players
hopefully guys will have a great tournament@
That might not be worth it haha.
Yea most tournaments are for higher ranks, that's why we decided to do one for lower ranks so they can have a chance to get some experience and enjoy a tournament as well.
Thanks a lot!
Topic Starter
Axaptice

Espalza wrote:

TFW my name is mispelled HAHAHAHAHAHA
You saw nothing.
Zensral
first tournament lets goo :)
Syltrix

[Enzo] wrote:

first tournament lets goo :)
Good luck and I hope it will be a nice experience for you! We'll try our best to make it as enjoyable as possible.

Quick reminder: More than half of our slots are already filled but we're still looking for more players. We're also searching for a few more referee's to help out with the tournament if you want to apply as staff join our Discord and message UnNVus or me.
I hope everyone has a nice weekend!
show more