forum

[duplicate] Recover beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
AmaSIngh
Hi
I recently downloaded osu! on a new computer. Could it be possible to have a feature which recovers all my beatmaps to my new osu!?
Endaris
The easiest solution would be migrating your old installation to your new PC. That needs barely any effort and that's why it doesn't make much sense to implement such a feature that would cost a lot of bandwidth. You can handle that way better from your end.
Sandy Hoey

Oinari-sama wrote:

I don't see this happening anytime soon, not until one of these online/cloud services is added:
t/43186
t/126033
t/190399
t/215117
Pawsu
What Endaris said, essentially. If you're an osu!supporter you can use the filter to sort by maps you've played, but it's much easier to transfer your osu! folder to your new computer (if you still have access).

You can always support this request but don't count on that happening anytime soon.
Topic Starter
AmaSIngh

Endaris wrote:

The easiest solution would be migrating your old installation to your new PC. That needs barely any effort and that's why it doesn't make much sense to implement such a feature that would cost a lot of bandwidth. You can handle that way better from your end.
I see, I want to do as you said Endaris, but I have a slight problem. My old computer got a virus, so I had to wipe everything on it. Because of that I don't have my old installation :/ Is there some other way I can recover them?
Sandy Hoey
Unfortunately no, if you dont have acess to your old files then it is lost. If you have the supporter tag, you can sort the beatmap page by played ranked maps and look at your favorited maps to get you started, but that is all you have to go off of
Topic Starter
AmaSIngh

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Unfortunately no, if you dont have acess to your old files then it is lost. If you have the supporter tag, you can sort the beatmap page by played ranked maps and look at your favorited maps to get you started, but that is all you have to go off of
I see :( Thanks for answering so fast though :)