forum

The epic battle between Logitech g402 and Razer Deathadder

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
1Alone
Hi,
I started playing osu a while ago and got really into it for the past couple of weeks.
As I starts to climb the ranks I realized that sooner or later I will need to get a better mouse, cuz my mouse right now s*ucks bal*s (or is it just me that cannot fcing insanes using 5$ mouse?).
You know, the 5$ type you get from supermarket.
So I am looking forward towards upgrading my gaming equipment, with the mouse as my start point.
I've read so many reviews online about the best gaming mouse you can get and finally comes down to a contest in between these two mouse.

- I personally prefer the deathadder cuz it would be a perfect combination to my mousepad (Razer Goliathus Control) and the green glow looks like green lantern thingy lol :D
- The thing is that many people seems to be complaining about how the scroll wheel stops working only after a few months upon buying it (the DA), and they said that Razer mouse tend to not LAST LONG, I really can't afford to spend money just to fix it :o
- Those two pretty much has the same poling rate, So I wouldn't really bothered about the sensor quality
- Many people seems to be selling it back after buying it because they say it's to big for their hand (even though ergonomic?). If it helps, my hand is only a bit more to 7", probably around 7"12 something (from middle finger to wrist)
- I really don't want to regret this decision because It'll probably be a long time before I can get a replacement upon getting one of these :cry:

For now my decision is going for the safe route, the Logitech g402. But I really wanted the deathadder cuz it looks sick and better known. Any of you guys really experienced any problems while using the DA? Should I go for the safe route or am I having the wrong impression of the Deathadder?

(Btw, my grip is finger/claw hybrid type, kind of. Sometimes I claw it, sometimes I use my finger. But I am really sure I never put my palm on the mouse body. Yeah I know the DA works great on palm grippers but it's ergonomic and fit every type of grip. (that's what they said.))
- My dpi currently is 800dpi with x0.8 in game sense (Raw Input)
Aurani
Are you buying it with your own money, or your parents'?
Any time someone mentions to Razer products to me, it screams "I wanna spend all this money on useless shit I don't really need but can afford".
I Love Chiaki
Firstly, I used to have a Logitech G402 but it broke so now I'm using a $5 mouse and I can still play on the same level as I could with the Logitech.
Unless your mouse is so bad that it skips around or jitters, you're fine.

Secondly, go with the Logitech. You'll be saving your money and for osu! you don't really need an expensive mouse like that. Actually you don't need it for any game, the Logitech's sensor is more than enough to handle any game even at a professional level and it's cheaper than the Deathadder.

Thirdly

Aurani wrote:

Any time someone mentions to Razer products to me, it screams "I wanna spend all this money on useless shit I don't really need but can afford".
^
Rurree
I honestly believe that it does not really matter. I'd go with the Razer Deathadder provided that you get the Chroma or Elite version because the 2013 one is riddled with issues such as cracks. Logitech G402 is a solid mouse and is cheaper than the Deathadder Chroma/Elite so it's a good choice as well. I do believe that the Deathadder Chroma is a bang for your buck though, especially since its price is now reduced. Its sensor, shape, and overall ergonomics are better compared to the G402. But really, you only have to look at your budget and see if you really need the Deathadder, like if you play CS:GO at a high level. If not, then a G402 is still a good choice, the Deathadder is just way better.
Topic Starter
1Alone

Aurani wrote:

Lol, It's my own money. I've been doing a part time job for a while. Many of my friends said said that expensive is always better :P (though obviously I know more about PC than them lol) .

Madvillain wrote:

I honestly believe that it does not really matter. I'd go with the Razer Deathadder provided that you get the Chroma or Elite version because the 2013 one is riddled with issues such as cracks. Logitech G402 is a solid mouse and is cheaper than the Deathadder Chroma/Elite so it's a good choice as well. I do believe that the Deathadder Chroma is a bang for your buck though, especially since its price is now reduced. Its sensor, shape, and overall ergonomics are better compared to the G402. But really, you only have to look at your budget and see if you really need the Deathadder, like if you play CS:GO at a high level. If not, then a G402 is still a good choice, the Deathadder is just way better.
Well, In a month or two I'll be getting a new laptop and my game library will look like this : Osu!, Battlefield 1, CS : GO, Dota 2
Yeah and I don't really know if I were to call this high level or something, but I do play competitive and wanted to rank up in CS GO.
So it's true that the 2013 DA has many issues? Damn it. Well, I could try to probably grind some more money here if the DA Chroma is really worth it, or should I just go with the G402?

Aurani wrote:

Unless your mouse is so bad that it skips around or jitters, you're fine.
Oh you had no idea how my mouse moves now. It feels like sometimes it switches to a higher dpi for a temporary time, causing me to miss jumps (skips around I guess). Probably because it's been thrown, smashed and kicked :D . Its ok I guess, since it lasted for about 2 and a half years lol

CannotStopKaren wrote:

Secondly, go with the Logitech. You'll be saving your money and for osu! you don't really need an expensive mouse like that. Actually you don't need it for any game, the Logitech's sensor is more than enough to handle any game even at a professional level and it's cheaper than the Deathadder.
+1 Point for the Logitech :D
Rurree
The Deathadder Chroma really is worth it so if you really want one of the best then up your budget a bit more. But like the guy above me said, the Logitech G402 can handle all your needs already since its already capable enough, performance-wise. It really just depends on you and your budget. The price difference isn't that big anyway.

TL;DR - If I were you, I'd get the Deathadder Chroma since its shape, sensor, weight, and buttons are all amazing. The Logitech G402 is what you'd expect of a mouse of that price point, but it still delivers, the Deathadder Chroma is just plainly better with the price difference not being too steep, depending on where you're getting the mouse.
Topic Starter
1Alone

Madvillain wrote:

If I were you, I'd get the Deathadder Chroma since its shape, sensor, weight, and buttons are all amazing. The Logitech G402 is what you'd expect of a mouse of that price point, but it still delivers, the Deathadder Chroma is just plainly better with the price difference not being too steep, depending on where you're getting the mouse.
Someone ranked 5 Catch The Beat in Philipines opinion, damn that rank really affects my opinion lol. Hmm, maybe I'll take into account of everything (time, usage, game type, budget, how many more money I need to gather lol) and try my best to make it fit to the Deathadder Chroma. If I can't maybe I'll get the G402 after all. Doesn't the Chroma has any issues like the 2013 DA?
I Love Chiaki
One more thing I would like to add is that in general the durability of Logitech's products is significantly better than the durability of Razer products.
I don't think that should be a defining factor however it is something to keep in mind.
Rurree
Not really. The Chroma has better quality control compared to the 2013.
Topic Starter
1Alone

CannotStopKaren wrote:

One more thing I would like to add is that in general the durability of Logitech's products is significantly better than the durability of Razer products.
I don't think that should be a defining factor however it is something to keep in mind.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind

How about the Steelseries Rival 100? Seems like quite a decent mouse, but many people seems to be flustered by the fact that its limit tracking speed 3.5m/s if you pump it more than 500dpi, but I don't really think that jumps in osu uses until that much of a speed (unless you're on big resolution and super low dpi) At least now I know whats wrong with my mouse that I can't nail jumps lol, apparently it stopped to track precisely if I moved it faster than 0.9m/s. God damn it 5$ mouse.
Disillusionz
As a G402 user I may be a bit bias...

Aurani wrote:

I tend to agree with you in regards to Razer. Sorrynotsorry but I just don't like Razer. Tried a friend's deathadder and I didn't like it at all compared to the 3 different Logitech mice I've used (g402, g602, and... I forget). I 100% believe that Logitech has better build quality and that their mice last longer. I can certainly attest that the g402 is a great mouse, I use it for Overwatch and other games all the time. I don't really see any situation where if you show me a razer product, I wouldn't be able to show you a logitech (or even corsair) equivalent that's better.

But hey just my opinion, but it's your money
Topic Starter
1Alone

Sir Oxorsid wrote:

As a G402 user I may be a bit bias...

Aurani wrote:

I tend to agree with you in regards to Razer. Sorrynotsorry but I just don't like Razer. Tried a friend's deathadder and I didn't like it at all compared to the 3 different Logitech mice I've used (g402, g602, and... I forget). I 100% believe that Logitech has better build quality and that their mice last longer. I can certainly attest that the g402 is a great mouse, I use it for Overwatch and other games all the time. I don't really see any situation where if you show me a razer product, I wouldn't be able to show you a logitech (or even corsair) equivalent that's better.

But hey just my opinion, but it's your money
I've decided that I would go with the logitech. Apparently the price of the chroma is more expensive around here (like 10-20$ more) lol so I don' think I can afford it, but it seemed that the G402 is quite rare here. Out of the 20+ shops I've visited none has the g402 >:( I could try to search all around the town but there's just too many shops here to visit, And I still have many other jobs to do in my life lol. As a fellow experienced expensive mouse user, what's your opinion on the steelseries rival 100? It was the gaming mouse most abundantly available around here, and about the same price as the g402 (cheaper in fact), I might as well buy it if it is good. But

1Alone wrote:

Seems like quite a decent mouse, but many people seems to be flustered by the fact that its limit tracking speed 3.5m/s if you pump it more than 500dpi, but I don't really think that jumps in osu uses until that much of a speed (unless you're on big resolution and super low dpi)
^ Your thoughts?
Ayesha Altugle

1Alone wrote:

How about the Steelseries Rival 100? Seems like quite a decent mouse, but many people seems to be flustered by the fact that its limit tracking speed 3.5m/s if you pump it more than 500dpi, but I don't really think that jumps in osu uses until that much of a speed (unless you're on big resolution and super low dpi)
Oh hey, I have that same mouse! I use it currently for almost 4 months now. My complaints with the mouse is that it is hard to aim fast with it making my aim comparable to my 2015 aim. When playing easier stream maps, it's pretty decent. Also the dpi increments is very high (250 dpi) but that's to be expected for its price
Disillusionz

1Alone wrote:

Seems like quite a decent mouse, but many people seems to be flustered by the fact that its limit tracking speed 3.5m/s if you pump it more than 500dpi, but I don't really think that jumps in osu uses until that much of a speed (unless you're on big resolution and super low dpi)

It seems like an ok mouse for the price. As for the numbers, I'm not that knowledgeable about those things but I can share my own experience. My g602 ran at around 2.0m/s and I can definitely say I noticed some inconsistencies in the tracking every now and then, but that was long before I even started playing osu. The g402 has near perfect tracking but it goes to up to like almost 10.0m/s I think. I think in a game like osu it would make a much bigger difference. Also...

Shizuku- wrote:

Oh hey, I have that same mouse! I use it currently for almost 4 months now. My complaints with the mouse is that it is hard to aim fast with it making my aim comparable to my 2015 aim. When playing easier stream maps, it's pretty decent. Also the dpi increments is very high (250 dpi) but that's to be expected for its price

A mouse that makes you feel like you've lost a year's worth of aiming experience? Doesn't sound very good...

Is buying online an option?
Ayesha Altugle

Sir Oxorsid wrote:

A mouse that makes you feel like you've lost a year's worth of aiming experience? Doesn't sound very good...
It's kinda hard to get used to though
Topic Starter
1Alone

Sir Oxorsid wrote:

Is buying online an option?
Well it is, but I'm right now busy with all the scholarships interview happening around me, calling me to cross all over the country just for interviews :lol: , I don't have a bank account yet, Which leaves me having to deposits money from any cash deposits machine around. With the queue on the machine, I can go piss in a bathroom 1 miles away back and forth and come back just to find that it's still full >:(

Sir Oxorsid wrote:

The g402 has near perfect tracking but it goes to up to like almost 10.0m/s I think. I think in a game like osu it would make a much bigger difference.
Damn 10m/s lol, is that even humanly possible? But I don't think in osu we'll reach more than 3.5m/s for jumps unless your on super low dpi/high resolution. I'm running it on a 1280x768 resolution right now. At a lower dpi (less than 500) the rival 100 is able to track up to 4.5m/s, only more than 500 it will be limited to 3.5m/s. But in my case I think 640dpi will probably be the lowest I could handle for now, and I don't think I will lower it more in the near future. At maximum I think I would hit will be probably even less than 2m/s, so I think that the rival 100 seems to be good for me. I could just use 1000dpi on the rival and sets an osu sens of x0.64 to achieve 640dpi there.

Shizuku- wrote:

Whats you dpi/osu sens/windows setting? If you used high dpi/low windows and in game sense combination that would most likely to happen, many people says that the best combination for the rival 100 is a low dpi/high in game and windows sens as the tracking bandwidth limit at that dpi is higher. Are you using your wrist or arm to aim? Or probably because of the grip you used in 2015 is different than at the rival?
Ayesha Altugle

1Alone wrote:

Whats you dpi/osu sens/windows setting?
DPI: 1000
SENS: 1x
WINDOWS: 6/11
Aims with the wrist
Also probably because I went from a small mouse until June 2016. I'm also used to 800 dpi which my current mouse don't support. I also didn't use any mouse pad until today. also I hate setting osu sensitivity to anything other than 1x
Topic Starter
1Alone

Shizuku- wrote:

1Alone wrote:

Whats you dpi/osu sens/windows setting?
DPI: 1000
SENS: 1x
WINDOWS: 6/11
Aims with the wrist
Also probably because I went from a small mouse until June 2016. I'm also used to 800 dpi which my current mouse don't support. also I hate setting osu sensitivity to anything other than 1x
Maybe you should try setting it to 500dpi with osu sens pumped up to 2 with enhance windows precision off (Windows) (Raw Input of course)(500dpi with x2 multiplier = 1000dpi) and see if there's a difference.

Shizuku- wrote:

Aims with the wrist
Damn I really missed aiming with the wrist, my wrist is now floating above my mousepad (not really, the fat part below the pinky touches the mousepad though barely, I can feel it gliding through the mousepad lol :lol: ) and not locked to one place but I still use wrist for a short jump and arm for big jumps.
Rurree
I've used both and the Deathadder Chroma simply beats the G402 on all levels for me. The build quality of Deathadder Chroma isn't too shabby, the "quality control issues" for me are only a myth due to the sheer fact that they're the most popular mice. It's the most popular mouse for a reason. But of course, it's going to be more expensive than the G402, for obvious reasons. Its sensor is much more responsive and advanced compared to the G402's AM010, actually, if we were to rank sensors in terms of responsiveness, the Deathadder Chroma would probably 2nd only to the Deathadder Elite, but of course we have to take in consistency as a factor too, and susceptibility to smoothing and angle snapping. I own a Nixeus Revel and it has the 3360 sensor, which is presumably the best sensor in the market right now. Don't fret too much on the sensor though, the shape and weight are more important.

The Steelseries Rival 100 is a decent choice but the DPI increments make it a big no for me. I always use 400 dpi and the Rival 100 simply does not allow for such.
Topic Starter
1Alone

Madvillain wrote:

I've used both and the Deathadder Chroma simply beats the G402 on all levels for me. The build quality of Deathadder Chroma isn't too shabby, the "quality control issues" for me are only a myth due to the sheer fact that they're the most popular mice. It's the most popular mouse for a reason. But of course, it's going to be more expensive than the G402, for obvious reasons. Its sensor is much more responsive and advanced compared to the G402's AM010, actually, if we were to rank sensors in terms of responsiveness, the Deathadder Chroma would probably 2nd only to the Deathadder Elite, but of course we have to take in consistency as a factor too, and susceptibility to smoothing and angle snapping. I own a Nixeus Revel and it has the 3360 sensor, which is presumably the best sensor in the market right now. Don't fret too much on the sensor though, the shape and weight are more important.

The Steelseries Rival 100 is a decent choice but the DPI increments make it a big no for me. I always use 400 dpi and the Rival 100 simply does not allow for such.
How about using the windows sens multiplier to make it close enough to the dpi I am currently using? (800dpi) Probably use a 1000dpi on the mouse with the settings to 5/11 or maybe 500dpi with 7/11? Have you tried anything like that on any of your mouse that has limit dpi increments? I really can't afford to spend too much time to look for a mouse now. Damn this scholarships thing limits my time :? , +

1Alone wrote:

Apparently the price of the chroma is more expensive around here (like 10-20$ more) lol so I don' think I can afford it
^^^ :( :( :( :( , There's cheaper one online but

1Alone wrote:

I don't have a bank account yet, Which leaves me having to deposits money from any cash deposits machine around. With the queue on the machine, I can go piss in a bathroom 1 miles away back and forth and come back just to find that it's still full >:(

Plus it's second hand, and seems like the website is known for scams lol
show more