forum

Spring 2017 Anime First Impressions Chart

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara
Time for a season where most of the impressions will probably be made on a certain two returning series! but I'd really like if you'd post about more than just those two, please

Purple is not a feeling, please use:
Green for liked
Blue for neutral
Red for disliked

This time I only added the TV series since most of the others (Shorts/OVAs/Movies) either aren't ever touched or are aired once these threads are past their prime. If something that isn't on the form and chart receives a lot of impressions, I'll add it.

Here is the chart I use
This form is where you enter your impressions
The sheet where you can find the chart
blissfulyoshi
It's that time of year again, so let's get going.

Granblue Fantasy The Animation: I was hoping they would fix the show upon rerelease, but it is the same as before.

Gin no Guardian: Why do these chinese comic adpatations get some of the lowest budget CG available in today's market? Well the fact that it is a super cliche story doesn't help its case in the slightest.

Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2: After knowing the plot of SnK, watching all the panning and super slow dialogue is incredibly boring. The ending scene was sort of cool, but I'm honestly just skimming the ep to see what I would remotely care to watch. I probably will end up dropping it though.
Luqanted
Shingeki no Kyojin S2: as I have been actually waiting for this, I am so excited to see what's going to happen. I'm originally a manga reader, but I wanted to avoid the manga spoilers for this.

Boku no Hero Academia S2: I'll probably just watch this whenever I don't have anything to watch to.

Gin no Guardian: nah
blissfulyoshi
World Fool News (TV) Part II: How was I supposed to stay awake while watching this. It is so boring, and the CG is pretty bad.

Sekai no Yami Zukan: Oh yay. More low budget horror, just what I always wanted.

Alice to Zouroku: I don't know why, but I love seeing stories of family raising but super powers. While the first episode does drag on a bit (it is 44min) and it doesn't do anything particularly well (action scenes were fairly lackluster and CG usually left things to be desired), the plot seems like something that might be a heartwarming experience.
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara
Boku no Hero Academia 2: Going to have to give some extra credit for having an amazing opening, since I absolutely love Kenshi Yonezu, and his faster pace style in the opening got me super hype. The pacing of this episode does seem kind of slow, but I feel they are trying to keep decently accurate to the manga, also considering at this point the manga is really far ahead and the studio will have a lot to work with.

Alice to Zouroku: The episode plods on a bit with it being a double feature and it being haphazardly put together. The action is not put together the best, and not that much has been explained so far for the concept to make sense. However I am already feeling the good feels in my heart, so I am going to stay with this and hope the next episode digs deeper into the concept.
Justykanna
Whew, new anime season. First time in quite a while I've decided to start watching again. Will be watching a handful and editing this post as I go. I'll complete the form when I finish what I wanna see, which'll probably after next week.

Attack on Titan Season 2: I, too, have also read the manga (though it was a little while ago) so I somewhat know what to expect. This start seemed pretty solid. I'm fully aware that a large portion in the next little bit is nothing but talking, and the next episode might be the start of all that, so hopefully the pros outweigh the cons when all is said and done. Glad to see Sawano back doing the music, always been a fan. That ED was... odd.

Frame Arms Girl: I did an internal "omg" when I saw the armor parts that reminded me of the multiple Gundam / Valvrave model kits that I've done. But yeah, I can't see this show going anywhere. Main character's just there to watch the Frame Arms Girls and nothing more and there's no story as to anything that's going on, apart from, it's play time.

The Silver Guardian: The graphics are very hit or miss for me. I feel like I'm going to be dealing with that annoyance of a cat from start to finish. I don't really feel involved in what's going on here and we're just swapping between one setting to another. Not my thing.
blissfulyoshi
Warau Salesman New: I'm guessing this is a kid's show about teaching lessons on life since the old style art and lackluster animation just to teach fairly common but should be learned lessons could probably only to people who want to learn.
Rio-
Might only watch a few for this season. Quite busy irl and haven't watched some Anime I "On-Hold" from previous seasons.
---

Attack on Titan Season 2 - I read the manga. So I probably know how It'll turn out (except if they do an original Ending, but maybe they won't). But to be honest, the animated version looks better than expected in my opinion. And The OP is good too.

Boku no Hero Academia Season 2 - Been waiting for this. And first episode doesn't really become a let-down for me. unlike this Season Attack on Titan with 12 Episode, This show get 25 Episode which is pretty exciting.

Granblue Fantasy The Animation - Thought They'll fix the Animation since the Anime got delayed few weeks since last season until now. But I think They still looks the same. I probably still watch this show cuz' I don't really play the Mobile Game of it so I'm quite curious about the story...
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara
Granblue Fantasy The Animation: Extremely disappointed the animation quality was not improved, and these are suppose to be the actual episodes now. The animation, like before, makes me nauseous to watch. I can't read Japanese so I can't play the mobile game so welp looks like I can't get into this franchise.
Shurelia
Shingeki no Kyoujin 2 : Unless they removed Eren from the main protag role, I might gonna consider to continue watching this series.
blissfulyoshi
Frame Arms Girl: A not very funny show with bad CG trying to sell you Frame Arms Girls..... ummmm, not for me.
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara
Frame Arms Girl: Boring, bad CG, sell out series. Makes me sad because I wanted to enjoy cute girls.
blissfulyoshi
Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records: It's everyone's favorite genre, magical high schools. Going on, I read this story 2-3 times now across different formats, so I have a pretty good idea what happens in the first arc, but sadly my favorite character doesn't come until the 2nd. Regardless, animation was okay with background detail fairly lacking. However joke execution was solid, so I think this will be a fun watch for me.

Cinderella Girls Gekijou (TV + Web): It comes in 2 flavors a web version and TV version, but both have similar content except the TV version is longer. Both are short gags about the characters in Im@s Cinderella Girls, including the characters that are only in the mobile game. Due to my lack of knowledge of these other characters, most of the jokes weren't that funny (not to mention I didn't really like the TV series).
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara
Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records: Wow it's a magic school anime that's actually well animated for once in a long time. Not too much plot seems to have been explained yet, but that is made up for by having on point jokes that are executed well. Even the girls' dressing scene that was obviously placed very early on was funny rather than the usual just "okay yay naked girls" without anything else to it.
blissfulyoshi
Souryo to Majiwaru Shikiyoku no Yoru ni...: I'm guessing this is some low budget smutty josei series? Lots of panning, low budget animation, and well a semi shocking ending with tougues and undressing. Not what I really want to watch.

Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine: A not very funny story of a male tutor teaching princes. Fairly dry and again with subpar animation (admittedly animation is not a big thing here).

Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism: Ignoring the super cliche plot. This was a pretty mixed Silver Link show. While there were a bunch of looped in scenes and really boring pans, there was some solid swordplay and a few passable jokes. Probably going to give it a 2nd ep.

Sakura Quest: We're once again graced with nice PA Works animation. Sadly I don't really care for the plot and only laughed once during the ep. Oh well, it is worth a 2nd Chance

Sakurada Reset: A super slowpaced slideshow without a sense of purpose, just what I want to watch.
Rio-
Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records - I've been waiting for this show. Just like KonoSuba, I always love the art made by mishima kurone (In the source material, not the Anime design) so I pretty much will watch this. I read a little bit of the novel, about magic school genre and "quite a scum" MC but I enjoyed It. Good Animation and well-executed jokes at some point too imo...

Sakura Quest - Kind of has this similar style as Shirobako (same studio, duh.), but a little bit more calming (City Girls living in Rural Side of Japan, trying to save the town with its tourism). I think I'll give it another shot but I think I'll watch it until the end.

Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism - Feminism - The Anime. Pretty interesting about the Armed Girls and the men have to coexist with them, other than that I can't expect much from this episode. The MC is quite badass tho'.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations - I only watched the first quarter of Naruto: Shipudden (maybe half-quarter or less idk) and haven't read the manga at all. So I probably won't understand the character development and story of it (I did watch the Original Naruto tho'). And watching this, It's quite interesting for me and I think I'm gonna like it.
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara
SAKURA QUEST: I'm going to keep watching this as long as I can because I love the animation style of P.A. Works, and it was very satisfying that they kept up the quality for this series. The plot might get more interesting later on with more of characters introduced, but right now you could argue that the plot is kind of stale. It's not that I don't like the small town, calm pacing, it's mostly that Yoshino is too much of a bitch for anything to progress decently, but hopefully that might change later on.

Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism: Oh boy, it's every other series about girls with weapons, only this one has 200% more matriarchy. Bliss pretty much sums up how I feel about the scenes on this one.

SAGRADA RESET: David Productions really can't do anything right aside from Jojo. Can I just get part 5 already instead of having to wait for this and the summer season to pass?
Justykanna
Baruto: Naruto Next Generations: Feels like a very unimpactful first episode to me, but I'll keep watching anyway. I didn't finish Shippuuden (though I read the entire manga), but it looks like they went away from the lazy animation that Shippuuden had, which is nice to see. Could be good, could be boring, who knows.

Granblue Fantasy: The Animation: I'm actually slightly interested in this one. Reminds me of Final Fantasy (oh, and Nobuo's part of the music team which is pretty cool). I could see myself getting into this. Animation looks a little weird though.

The Moon is Beautiful: Way off of the type of anime I usually watch and it starts out great, even if it feels weird to be watching this sorta thing. Maybe it's just that I can relate to this because I was this shy goofball in high school that couldn't talk to girls too. Really neat that there's things like LINE in it. The character interactions make me giggle. I'm super interested to see where this goes. I'll take forever learning names though. I've never been good with Japanese names.
blissfulyoshi
Boruto: I was honestly quite surprised to see such well animated parkour, but it can't fix my view of the seemingly childish premise.

Tsuki ga Kirei: such a jarring experience with awful charter art and bad CG with amazing background art. Oh well, it is yet another super slow romance, easy drop for me.
Meah
Renai Boukun - A whacked up love triangle about a virgin, an angel and a yandere and it's really good. Looking forward for the upcoming episodes :D
show more