forum

[Archived] Weird lag spike causing clicks to not register...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MissileSpammer
It's been like this for about a week now:

Just playing normally when suddenly I start getting random lag spikes. The freezes usually last under a second but it's enough for me to fail when playing harder maps. But this isn't what I'm worried about.

While most of the time it is just a singular lag spike every 10-20 seconds, some of these lag spikes just stop any clicks from registering, or about 90% of them (in multiplayer, I get like a 2 combo maximum when this is happening). It just turns into a mess of misses until I stop playing the map.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

osu! version: 20170222.3 (latest)
killed
It's been the same for me, lagging started like two weeks ago and it's really getting to me, I can barely play.
update - Reinstalled osu, it's working now
http://imgur.com/a/NlxLy well this happened
Topic Starter
MissileSpammer
Reinstalling didn't work for me :/
zoomless12
same here also the cursor sometimes randomly moves in circles when i move my mouse in a straight line
o x
Try using compatibility mode, also make sure no other programs are open when running osu!
-Slasher
i've the same problem and it started like a week ago, but yesterday and today never happened so maybe it get autofixed idk how..
Topic Starter
MissileSpammer
Thanks for the suggestions but none of the following have worked:

Reinstalling osu
Removing all maps
Compatibility mode
Turning down graphical settings
Setting osu! to high in task manager
Only running osu! and nothing else
Updating graphics drivers
Updating audio drivers
Running windowed (slightly reduces the frequency of lag, but I get a serious amount of input lag)
Trying other osu builds
Repairing osu
Ensuring mouse buttons are disabled

This is really worrying :/
Topic Starter
MissileSpammer
Some more information about the clicks not registering...

After it happening a few more times, I've managed to pinpoint all the things that happen when the clicks "aren't registering" properly.

When it happens, it's actually like it is constantly holding down a key, rather than it not registering any key presses. Try playing with NF, holding down a single key and playing the map without letting go. That's what it is like.

Furthermore, if I pause when it is in a state like this, the song continues in the background while paused. This is extremely strange, as un-pausing completely de-syncs the map from the song.
o x
Have you tried repairing osu? Also does this happen on every osu! Build? If you are using a tablet make sure that you disable mouse buttons.
Topic Starter
MissileSpammer
Mouse buttons are always disabled for me, all other builds of osu made the issues more frequent. I have tried repairing osu, didn't work
o x
What OS are you using? Is it possible to post your PC specs here?
Topic Starter
MissileSpammer
Specs:

Intel Pentium G3258 OC to 4GHz
8GB Ram
ASUS NVidia GTX 750Ti Video card
Windows 10 Pro (64 bit ofc)

A picture of CPU temperatures with osu!, Discord, Chrome and Steam open. - http://prntscr.com/eun3bc

Got friends with the exact same specifications and this doesn't happen to them.

Thanks for the help.
o x
Make sure you don't have he rotating wallpaper option on for windows 10, have you tried running without any other programs open yet? Also try just restarting your PC if you haven't already it tends to fix quite a bit.
Topic Starter
MissileSpammer
I just have a black wallpaper, nothing dynamic. Yes I have tried running with no programs in the background and yeah I've restarted my PC. Turn it off every night and it's been like this for over 2 weeks.
Phx

MissileSpammer wrote:

I just have a black wallpaper, nothing dynamic. Yes I have tried running with no programs in the background and yeah I've restarted my PC. Turn it off every night and it's been like this for over 2 weeks.
Yup, same problem, started around the same time for me too. I posted on another thread also talking about this.
FirePhoenix115
Been having the same recently, my mouse also jumps sometimes or doesn't move at all for like an inch

I have a maxed out PC and osu used to work completely fine
Topic Starter
MissileSpammer
Problem still not fixed. It's bad to the point where it doesn't click beats even when I have relax or auto enabled.
If anyone could help...please?
Topic Starter
MissileSpammer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnPqwT2_-ws

Here's a replay of me playing. The lagspike happens and it doesn't click anything. The actual play had 2 misses, but this replay shows otherwise.

Ignore the terrible playing.