forum

Low DPI is literally unplayable and is frustrating me :(

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Phx
I just can't deal with mouse drift. I can't. If anyone has a solution, let me know, but it's honestly ridic how impossible it is to play low dpi...

Edit: Didn't post in help because I don't believe it is technical enough of a problem.

Edit2: Just realized my mouse DPI is 1000, which isn't low... so this is just a generic mouse drift solver thread...

Edit3: I can't change my DPI because I'm too used to it.
Endaris
define "low"
Topic Starter
Phx
Done.
Sandy Hoey
You were right to post here. And if you don't like low dpi, then turn your dpi up...
Topic Starter
Phx

Sandy Hoey wrote:

You were right to post here. And if you don't like low dpi, then turn your dpi up...
Edited again.
Sandy Hoey
So you want to be able to change your comfort without changing anything
:thinking:
Endaris
Personally I deem mousedrift easier to deal with on low dpi because I have more angles to work with. When I have the impression that mousedrift gets the better of me, I'm locking my wrist and continue to aim with my arm until there's a good opportunity to lift the mouse and readjust my wrist's position. Fingertip grip with 480dpi here.
I used to play with 960 and there I didn't quite have that option, especially cause I couldn't aim with my arm.
Topic Starter
Phx
Ok. I guess I'll just deal with it and if it gets too out of hand I'll try different DPI's. Thanks for the advice.
AnotherDream
Topic Starter
Phx

ABKirito wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/538626
OMY THAT AFCTUALLY FROWKW RWORWKE AEDAF FDA:FDA:FSA

It works.
MarshallRules
Angelsim uses 1000dpi and is #2 in the world Kappa :P
KupcaH
Playing more will help. Also, almost in every beatmap, there are a part, where you can readjust your mouse. (Slow sliders, slow singles and even breaks)
I'm playing with 500 DPI, and I don't get much mousedrift problems anymore, except on some parts. Or when forget to correct my mouse grip.

OerstedG wrote:

Why Kappa?
MarshallRules

KupcaH wrote:

OerstedG wrote:

Why Kappa?
In OP's post he said

Phx_Blaster007 wrote:

it's honestly ridic how impossible it is to play low dpi...
Edit2: Just realized my mouse DPI is 1000
I was just trolling a little bit, my impression I was trying to get off was "The number 2 player in the world can do it, why can't you?" Not being serious of course, Angelsim is some sort of circle clicking monster. :lol:
N0thingSpecial
xd saem can't aim at all with low DPI
Deva
I'm playing on 800dpi and feel like cheating because that's too high

what's wrong with me?
Nattsun
There is a mouseonly player who sets scores that are higher than his dpi (pp wise).

Pretty sure he plays with ~200dpi, watched one of his liveplays, it's hilarious.

OT: Mousedrift is caused by either mouse acceleration or bad grip. Enable raw input and try diffrent grips and move your mouse with your arm, sayonara mousedrift.