forum

how to tap better?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Billieilish
so, I can get like a 90% on a 5 star song when I have relax on, which means you don't have to tap. But when I try to do it with just no fail I get like 60%. How can I get better at tapping. Right now I can play almost to the 4 star level, but I'm not there yet. I want to get help
Zain Sugieres
Just play more and you'll improve
KupcaH
play more 3* maps
Hiro-Senpai
Stop using relax mod and play more 3* maps. It is way to early to play 5* for you
Sandy Hoey

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

Stop using relax mod and play more 3* maps. It is way to early to play 5* for you
I wouldn't recommend using relaxed or auto-pilot. Even though you may be able to just aim a map or just tap a map, that isn't the objective of osu! You have to able to do both at the same time. I didn't even start playing 5 stars until around 3000 pp, so you are definitely jumping the gun in your expectations
kai99

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

I wouldn't recommend using relaxed or auto-pilot. Even though you may be able to just aim a map or just tap a map, that isn't the objective of osu! You have to able to do both at the same time. I didn't even start playing 5 stars until around 3000 pp, so you are definitely jumping the gun in your expectations
Deva
Don't play RX. It's stupid.

Play more no mod.
Attenox
You play more
Play higher bpm stuff or practice DT idk
Change the way you hold your hand while tapping. For example you could hold most of your hand in the air and tap like that or completely rest your wrist on the table/keyboard/whatever. Try both and see which is faster.
Also try and see if you're better off mostly single tapping or alternating keys. See which finger you're best comfortable with tapping cuz you may have more speed in one than another or they way you position it helps also.
Idk if it helped but I tried. Good luck
Nattsun

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

I started playing 5* maps at ~3.800pp, it's just ridicilous how early people jump on the 5* train.
Hiro-Senpai
Yeah it gets worse and worse. The worst cases are when they are 500pp and they want to play 6*

Holy Cirno9
You started playing 5* maps really late. But it is good, now you probably don't have any problems what so ever with progression.
I just wish that players would start to mess with 5* maps when they have at least 3k pp.

This forum would be a much better place then
Nattsun

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

Yeah it gets worse and worse. The worst cases are when they are 500pp and they want to play 6*

Holy Cirno9
You started playing 5* maps really late. But it is good, now you probably don't have any problems what so ever with progression.
I just wish that players would start to mess with 5* maps when they have at least 3k pp.

This forum would be a much better place then
Yeah I'm a special case, I couldn't move on because I wanted to be able to play any 4* map (I can't) to be able to sightread any easy 5* map (nope).

It was still helpful to close the gap between 4 and 5* maps, but I think playing long 5* maps would've give me the same results. 5* maps are still insanely hard for me and I only play them if I am fully warmed up.
superbobmanjoe
Ayayano
Plz dont revive threads that are 2 years old also he is 50k on std
Topic Starter
Billieilish
I'm a girl but okay.
Also I got better at tapping by switching hands. I used to tap with my right hand but it is super slow so then I switched to left hand and now I can kind of do 250bpm singletap. Seriously went from unable to do 160bpm to able to overstream 190 in a couple weeks.
I did this switch just a few months ago.
Ayayano
F I just use he as non gender specific thing these days, should probably not lol, but thats really cool that you found something that works, im still working on my tapping a lot