forum

[resolved] Name of driver not found and solution

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Piggy
Problem Details:
When launching osu with compatibility mode, shows message "Can't find the name of Intel ICD OpenGL driver"

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Error message
OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: [EGL] Failed to create window surface, error BAD_NATIVE_WINDOW.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo.CreateWindowSurface(IntPtr config)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=qH8MHUwc4s4AIOP8embIm_LZVJ1hcXHmXvQ4kbKKaWdXEAILiwIKAGYcIN5xQJXaQ.#=qqvWHIjTJ11kNQjXagY2F3Q==(Int32 #=qziYoDwk$PYjdOkqhyQIonw==, Int32 #=qAxkx7SJqQSowL0CnPp7gGg==, GraphicsContextFlags #=q0r5I1MdApGtJ54aGgOdCjQ==)
at #=qJlnuD_UcXRoElpm2icUN$xv4mHIVbAIXw0qJaXX4M17Nt6UwoiS1Agm0IcyQ69sI.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=q3m$_0fTukzAo40eVgKKt8A==)
at #=qmcB6XnfGcdT$_fSIuP8CBToueKpBlR5PlfKTI7deIJL42oV_a3A$j0BVEdXueDJp.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=q3m$_0fTukzAo40eVgKKt8A==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at #=qi17YWq5DpjzsdfsVCMbOCKlTKzi5JL1aNh1uHTzjAi0=.WndProc(Message& #=qKFgFOP_7pGMr0NtKdRHygA==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

As a streamer, compatibility mode is kinda important for me as OBS always bugs out when I don't use it. With the latest windows display update on March 25th, I was able to launch osu once before the error message showed up every time I tried opening osu.
Afterwards, I went into the osu folder and turned compatibility mode off by editing the "CompatibilityContext" from 1 to 0 in the "osu!.PCNAME.cfg" file, and osu started working fine again.

osu! version: 20170222.3 (latest)
Aytoms
I have the same problem which, funnily enough, happened at the exact same time as you.

I'll see if it works for me.

Edit: Ok it works, thanks. I'd rename it to the error you got just so more people can find it because it's clearly a recent error on intel's side.

Although I'll probably wait until a fix comes out compatibility mode isn't working anymore.
Dntm8kmeeatu
I'm hoping someday Intel can fix this issue, from what I've seen they have been aware of this issue for over a month now, but still it seems no fix has been released.

The "Workaround" you posted is one of the "commonly" known ones. Thanks for posting though I guess.
EdmundLawerenz
I also have the same error. Giving the same error log. I also got the update from Intel. (I am not using Compatibility mode)

But for me, the file i checked, it is not named under "CompatibilityContext" but instead it is named under "CanForceOptimusCompatibility". Probably it is named that way since I am not using Compatibility mode?

The number by default is 1. I changed to 0 and it work again.
Dntm8kmeeatu

EdmundLawerenz wrote:

I also have the same error. Giving the same error log. I also got the update from Intel. (I am not using Compatibility mode)

But for me, the file i checked, it is not named under "CompatibilityContext" but instead it is named under "CanForceOptimusCompatibility". Probably it is named that way since I am not using Compatibility mode?

The number by default is 1. I changed to 0 and it work again.
"CanForceOptimusCompatibility" and "CompatibilityContext" are different things.

Interesting that disabling "CanForceOptimusCompatibility" fixed your issue. Will keep that in mind.
EdmundLawerenz

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Interesting that disabling "CanForceOptimusCompatibility" fixed your issue. Will keep that in mind.

It's because when I check the .cfg file, i can't find the list that is named "CompatibilityContext" . So I figured it is something else that represent it.

I only found the similar word which is the "CanForceOptimusCompatibility". So I tried it out and it worked
Dntm8kmeeatu

EdmundLawerenz wrote:

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

It's because when I check the .cfg file, i can't find the list that is named "CompatibilityContext" . So I figured it is something else that represent it.

I only found the similar word which is the "CanForceOptimusCompatibility". So I tried it out and it worked
Weird that line isn't there... Have you only used the Fallback version? The option isn't in that version so I'm guessing you only have ever used Fallback, and that's why it's not there.