forum

Multiplayer spectating

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +178
Topic Starter
Keiger
When people are already playing, you can usually have nothing better to do, so you should be able to spectate a player in multiplayer in my opinion. This can lead to an advantage for these sorts of people that join while the game is going on. As of now, i've been told this is a dupe, but im gonna extend on this, in case people misunderstand my statement. As sandy said, "I think what you are requesting is the ability to spectate other members of the multiplayer lobby that you are in if you are not playing because you joined while they were already in a map (or something like that). Just clearing it up because I had to read your request a couple times before I was sure". Thats exactly what im trying to say here.
Sandy Hoey
I think what you are requesting is the ability to spectate other members of the multiplayer lobby that you are in if you are not playing because you joined while they were already in a map (or something like that). Just clearing it up because I had to read your request a couple times before I was sure
Caput Mortuum
Sandy Hoey
As far as I can tell, this isnt a duplicate (at least of the request that you linked). That link is requesting the ability to view every player in a multiplayer lobby at the same time, similar to tournament viewing. This request is asking for the ability to watch a single player if the game started before you joined while waiting for them to finish. Of course, I have to wait for confirmation from the OP, but thats just what I think
Caput Mortuum
the request i linked isn't similar to tournament viewing,

When you go to the spectate screen for example when on "head to head", only the cursor of the player that is currently in first place will appear.

You will have the option to click on a players score tab and the cursor will change to that player's instead.
If you do so, if someone else takes the first place, the cursor won't change to that player. You will have to click that players tab if you wish to see him.
Sandy Hoey
Ah, this is the line that confused me. They seem like contrasting ideas

You will then spectate the entire game, not just one single player. But every player and their respective scores.

This can be really nice for tournament purposes.
But if thats the case, then you are right
Topic Starter
Keiger

Eraser wrote:

dupe t/13008/
Oh im sorry i never noticed that topic. my bad.
Animax
In Lobby Spectator Mode you can choose wich player u want to spectate and you can change ingame. Will be nice.
Topic Starter
Keiger
Sorry for the necrobump, but im amazed this hasnt been tagged as a dupe.