forum

[invalid] osu! reward system.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Landwii
When people play games, the wanna have fun! Do thing they can't do in real life! the bad thing is when a game is fun... But It doesn't feel rewarding.
There are many games who have this problem, where doing good at the game has a pretty small reward. In osu! there are few rewards (Scoreboard, Achievements!, Community projects, ETC.) I'd like to suggest ways to make players feel rewarded, keep them interested especially when starting out:

Currency, unlockables, and other typical rewards.
Play rhythm games, tell me what do you see: A Currency or unlockables that unlock after you do something. (No shiz)
* Elite Beat Agents, Guitar Hero: Unlock Songs, Trophies.
* Geometry Dash: Icons, Songs.
Ok, you get what I mean. osu! is a game that is alive thanks to it's community, similar to other popular games.
Trophies could be added, like a rank or a tier; Stone, Bronze, Silver, Gold, platinum, Diamond.
Using the current "Levels" system to add something.
Add unlockables like skins and songs by the osu! team.
add a mapper score (Mappers with high score could give points to newer mappers and their maps get more noticeable.)
In Game achievements (Making the achievements actually appear in the game in a new interface)
Titles? (Maybe give the ability to customise yours if you are a supporter?)

There are many ideas really! I believe osu! could be much fun if an optional objective was placed.
What do you two think?
Upskirt
Why not create your own objective? The tools are there for you to use.

A few of these will be coming in the new client.

Why would I want to unlock a map when I can download and play it whenever I want?

It doesn't feel rewarding because all you are doing is mashing to an approach circle, create personal goals to reach.

When making a request you need to elaborate on why you suggest the feature and it shouldn't include so many options. Please try and refine your post.
7ambda
You can't quit this game when you're already obssessed.
Sandy Hoey
Tier system based on pp: t/114299?hilit=tier
Tier system based on stats: t/297359?hilit=tier
Titles [Invalid]: t/288067/start=0&&hilit=Titles
Rewards for reaching ceratin levels: t/147431?hilit=rewards
In-game currency: t/179069?hilit=rewards

Venzire wrote:

Why would I want to unlock a map when I can download and play it whenever I want?
This goes with Skins as well

There are already achievements for rank, combo, some weird ones (hush-hush)

If your not enjoying the game for the game, stop playing
_Meep_
osu!coins
HAHA
o x
Having unlockable maps aren't a good idea, since osu! is a competitive game with global leaderboards if you allow certain people the opportunity to set scores that others can't it becomes a bit unfair. There is also an achievement section of osu! already they are still adding more stuff to it constantly. Skins are also community made so chances are this won't happen, and even if people wanted it people are already used to the skin they are using right now so I doubt that they would switch like that.
Pawsu
Marking invalid because most of what is requested here already has separate threads. Please support them instead.