forum

Proper technique in doing jumps?[not bullshit]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OlCat
ok here's the question: how do you deal jumps the proper way?
a. follow the hit circles with your eyes moving
b. widen your vision
c. if you have other solution pls tell me

my problem about following the hitcircles is that my vision gets too narrow, and when i'm widening my vision everything gets blurry
Hiro-Senpai
Man maybe you should start worrying about your sight and get some glasses.
Jumps are easy.
Step one - you notice where the circle appears
Step two - you hover the cursor over the circle
Step three - you click
Step four - you repeat Step 1-3

You can try to use a 4:3 resolution if 16:9 full screen is too big for you to read everything correctly
I think you should balance between looking directly at circles and reading widely.
Topic Starter
OlCat

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

Man maybe you should start worrying about your sight and get some glasses.
Jumps are easy.
Step one - you notice where the circle appears
Step two - you hover the cursor over the circle
Step three - you click
Step four - you repeat Step 1-3

You can try to use a 4:3 resolution if 16:9 full screen is too big for you to read everything correctly
I think you should balance between looking directly at circles and reading widely.
long jumps?
and yea, i'm always switching between 4:3 and 16:9 and it doesn't really affect my plays
Hiro-Senpai
Well no wonder that you have problems.
I am getting a type B diarrea just by looking at your top plays. (Get it bcuz most of your plays are B's)
Man fix your shit. Your Top plays just show that you jumped on the 4* difficultywagon way too quickly,
Work on your acc buz it is an utter trash. Jumps on the maps that you are playing aren't hard
Topic Starter
OlCat

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

Well no wonder that you have problems.
I am getting a type B diarrea just by looking at your top plays. (Get it bcuz most of your plays are B's)
Man fix your shit. Your Top plays just show that you jumped on the 4* difficultywagon way too quickly,
Work on your acc buz it is an utter trash. Jumps on the maps that you are playing aren't hard
well... i have my reasons for that. i'm not playing that much right now because of school, that's why my tops are Bs, i'm only playing osu when i'm a little bit tired and if i need something to wake me up. anyways, i'm not playing that much so i really can't say that's my best.
-Makishima S-
Step 1 - locate circle
Step 2 - click circle
Step 3 - repeat

end of story
Hiro-Senpai
No man it means that you are to shit to play these difficulties. You need to lower the star rating and work on your acc from there
Topic Starter
OlCat

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

No man it means that you are to shit to play these difficulties. You need to lower the star rating and work on your acc from there
seriously? i actually just moved on to 4* so i'm still adapting to it, so i'm here just to ask some questions to make my plays better
sorry for replying late(some real world stuffs)
KupcaH
Practice.
hayate13
man play 3 star maps first. play it till u could fc or high combo them easily.
Hibiya-chan
lol I believe everyone does jumps the same way and its what hiro and taiga said, no techiniques needed.
Topic Starter
OlCat
ey wait. i forgot to say this in the title, but what i really want to ask is about how you deal with long jumps in your point of view,
and not some advice on what star diff i should play
Hibiya-chan

OlCat wrote:

ey wait. i forgot to say this in the title, but what i really want to ask is about how you deal with long jumps in your point of view,
But u rarely encounter "long jumps" at ur level of gameplay, which is 4* as you said. The first long jumps I encountered was remote control which is already a 5* so yeah, just practice aim and you'll get the hang of normal jumps and, somehow, long jumps in the future.
Topic Starter
OlCat

Hibiya-chan wrote:

OlCat wrote:

But u rarely encounter "long jumps" at ur level of gameplay, which is 4* as you said. The first long jumps I encountered was remote control which is already a 5* so yeah, just practice aim and you'll get the hang of normal jumps and, somehow, long jumps in the future.
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/434334 [water] 4* is this not considered a long jump map? though the CS is big i think it's still a long jump map. tama ba?
N0thingSpecial
This is not considered a long jump map, this is more of an alternate map. It's pretty easy to aim, it's just hard to acc. In fact I highly doubt you're aware that there's 260bpm snaps in there
Topic Starter
OlCat

N0thingSpecial wrote:

This is not considered a long jump map, this is more of an alternate map. It's pretty easy to aim, it's just hard to acc. In fact I highly doubt you're aware that there's 260bpm snaps in there
okay. i really never cared about these bpms so i din't know
kai99

hayate13 wrote:

man play 3 star maps first. play it till u could fc or high combo them easily.
^this.
Cmon, I started jump maps after I was about 1100 pp. My jumps still aren't decent enough to fc them.
OP, practice other skills first. It might seem not as much, but they help. Practice reading first. Then aim, then consistency. Jumps come after that.

Otherwise, jumps go like this really.

[Taiga] wrote:

Step 1 - locate circle
Step 2 - click circle
Step 3 - repeat

end of story
-Makishima S-

OlCat wrote:

Hibiya-chan wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/434334 [water] 4* is this not considered a long jump map? though the CS is big i think it's still a long jump map. tama ba?
Not even close to be a long jump.
Nattsun

[Taiga] wrote:

Step 1 - locate circle
Step 2 - click circle
Step 3 - repeat

end of story
osu! in a nutshell, nothing else behind this.

Now in all seriousness, if it is a "hard" pattern I usually "eye the circles down", basically following all the circles with my eyes. If it is something I did thousands of times before I just stare at my screen and vaguely click circles :p
Aktsumi
Your overthinking, quit thinking and play maps that are slightly challenging and not comfortable. you know when you're improving when you're playing a map where you don't mash but still have to keep focused

also try reading the inner game of tennis, there are very valuable insights you could learn especially if you want to improve quickly.
show more