forum

[resolved] "The local beatmap database seems corrupt" Error?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Haze-
I used to have 15k maps but then I got "The local beatmap database seems corrupt. Will create from scratch..."
I've lost a crap ton of maps and now I'm left with 7777 for some reason
Basically I think alot of my maps were deleted since I'm sure you can't have 15k maps with 4,365 folders of maps, I'm sure I lost alot of maps.
Any idea how I can retrieve my old database? (besides redownloading that 12GB Kynan pack and those few big beatmap packs again)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Try restarting the game again. See if they magically come back.

If not, try hitting F5, if that doesn't seem to bring them back. Remove osu!.db out of the osu! folder and restart. This should recompile the database.

Also check the songs folder and see if the folders are still there.

Slightly Off-Topic. Did you do anything to cause this error? (Like Switching from Stable to Fallback or vise versa)?
Topic Starter
-Haze-

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Try restarting the game again. See if they magically come back.

If not, try hitting F5, if that doesn't seem to bring them back. Remove osu!.db out of the osu! folder and restart. This should recompile the database.

Also check the songs folder and see if the folders are still there.

Slightly Off-Topic. Did you do anything to cause this error? (Like Switching from Stable to Fallback or vise versa)?
I'll try these solutions out, also I only use Stable so I'm sure that's not the reason, I don't think I did something to mess up the game.
Topic Starter
-Haze-
I reloaded all the maps with F5 and they magically came back, didn't expect that coming.