forum

Streams and Finger Control

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hibiya-chan
Streams, they have been my main problem lately since stepping up to 5* maps. Sometimes, even simple bursts gets me off track (fingerlocks and spamming) and completely ruin my combo. Any advice? Also, I only have few maps that practice these so do you guys have any map suggestions on what helped you in the past to get through this problem (if you had this before)?
-Makishima S-
Streams are the hardest and shitty (in term of how hard to learn) skill to develop. They require massive finger control, rhythm sense, very precise aim and immense amount of stamina in many cases.

You can still see even players like WWW, Rafis, even Cookie at some point to miss streams. I guess 7 years is not enough to learn them properly ;^)
kai99

[Taiga] wrote:

Streams are the hardest and shitty (in term of how hard to learn) skill to develop. They require massive finger control, rhythm sense, very precise aim and immense amount of stamina in many cases.

You can still see even players like WWW, Rafis, even Cookie at some point to miss streams. I guess 7 years is not enough to learn them properly ;^)
Amen.
N0thingSpecial
Idk play more helps
Blitzfrog
The quickest advice is to get mechanical keyboards
No matter what they say, getting a mech keyboard will increase your stream ability by a significant amount
Next is download stream practise maps
And also other stream heavy maps
Play them more and aim maps slightly less
N0thingSpecial
Stream practise maps aren't very good tbh, completely negate aim which is needed for stream heavy maps anyways
Also death streaming with rubber dome is a pleasure
-Makishima S-
The quickest advice is to get mechanical keyboards
No matter what they say, getting a mech keyboard will increase your stream ability by a significant amount
Complete bullshit.
Wilchq got top50 by playing on rubberdome
HDHR was swapping between rubberdome and mech depends on his mood (like he said)
yamemashita (fastest person in osu, well known from tap+x) was streaming 260+ up to 300+ on rubberdome
and so on, a lot of people didn't had problem with rubberdome, mech is just QoL, nothing more

Next is download stream practise maps
And also other stream heavy maps
Play them more and aim maps slightly less
Stream practice maps works only for stamina since they completely negate aim value of streams which is very high.
Learning streaming = playing actually stream maps like for example:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/771858
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/845391
Ayesha Altugle
Just start with slow streams (like 140-160 bpm would be the sweet spot), and make sure you maintain good stream acc consistently(about 98.5% on OD8 would be a sweet spot), and work your way up by increments of 5 bpm while maintaining good stream acc. Also, don't spam on streams. if you think the bpm is too fast for you to stream comfortably, then, play more until you can be comfortable with the bpm.
Nattsun

[Taiga] wrote:

Aiming streams is harder than holding BPM and getting speed. The speed part always gets harder and later on talent seperates players from "good" at streaming to "gayz" at streaming. Stamina is just pure repetition of long stream practice maps, start at 120/140bpm, FC it*, if you did, do it agian until you come to the point where you can't. Take 1 day break, repeat the same until you can move up to a higher bpm, <-repeat. No magic behind this.

Finger control is basically the same, but instead of moving up in BPM you play slower maps like Basara, possible side effect: you don't want to go vroom vroom anymore, cuz fun.

I totally agree on aiming though, ever played maps like Saint, 160BPM deathstreaming sound easy, but then again, you have to aim and oh my god how hard it is to aim streams.

NINJAEDIT: *with good acc
Jukkii
Playing long stream practice maps is why ice angel is so hard. Its not hard in itself but youre just bad cause you played the wrong maps. Aiming streams isnt as hard as you make it out to be, you just havent practiced it. Long stream practice maps are for only stamina after youve learnt actual streaming. Not for learning actual streaming, play real maps to learn real streaming.
Hiro-Senpai
Eyy Taiga don't call mechanical keyboards bullshit, you hurt my feelings
In my case swaping my ultra trashy super shit rubberdome to a mechanical keyboard
gave me an instant kickstart to streams when i was starting with 4* maps ;P
Nattsun

-Jukke- wrote:

Playing long stream practice maps is why ice angel is so hard. Its not hard in itself but youre just bad cause you played the wrong maps. Aiming streams isnt as hard as you make it out to be, you just havent practiced it. Long stream practice maps are for only stamina after youve learnt actual streaming. Not for learning actual streaming, play real maps to learn real streaming.
Because everyone who can stream 220BPM FCd freedom dive. It's the spacing that makes maps like ice angel/freedom dive so hard and you know that.
Jukkii
Ice Angel is hard because its so consistency intensive. Ice Angel is all about consistency for those who can play it. FREEDOM DiVE is extremely hard to read and aiming long streams with the kind of spacing it has can be difficult at the high bpm. Properly streaming 220 is very difficult, more difficult than you think. FREEDOM DiVE is hard to aim as well tho, its hard in basically everything, thats why its so hard
Aktsumi
I like you to take a moment to just listen to a song and try to make your streams equal, maybe eight note every beat or even quarter note. You can even just metronome and practice slowly trying to keep a steady rhythm the trick is you have to be actively trying to have a steady beat going and eventually this will be second nature

you really need to understand the rhythm otherwise your just trying to use your eyes and tapping as quickly as possible
Endie-
I recommend getting a mechanical keyboard even though rubber dome is somewhat a viable option.
Starting with slow streams is the key to getting good accuracy. Learn 140 and work your way up from there
Cear
Try playing slow stream maps for learning finger control and gradually go up from there, it helped me learn how fast I need to tap for each stream and being able to deal with slow streams if needed.
Topic Starter
Hibiya-chan

[ Reol ] wrote:

Try playing slow stream maps for learning finger control and gradually go up from there, it helped me learn how fast I need to tap for each stream and being able to deal with slow streams if needed.
Can you recommend me maps that have streams in said bpm?