forum

stuck at 4.5-5 stars...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shiroyasi
any advice or beatmap recommendations to climb to 6-7stars? played the game for like 3 years and still stuck at this difficulty while my upperclassmen played for like a year and now he can do 6-7star maps. btw i posted the same thing at general discussion because i didn't knew it was for non-osu content XD (I'm such a noob in the community XD).
Extremity
The only real advice anyone can give is to play more. No beatmaps will specifically increase your ability, the only thing that will do that is continuing to play maps slightly out of your reach until you get better and better. Just download as many maps as possible and keep playing. You can also try and play around with different skins to see if you find one that helps your reading.
Bobbias
Pay close attention to what kind of patterns you are good at, and what ones you are bad at. Focus practicing on maps that have the challenging patterns. That's honestly the only way you can even train anything in rhythm games. Find what you're bad at it, and play stuff that has it until you're not bad at it any more. Rinse and repeat process until you're as good as you want to get.
juankristal
Improving in this game is all about knowing how to target your weak points and playing more with that as focus. Thats literally the best tip someone can give.

Of course, you could be more specific depending on which particular skillset you are having issues with, and to being with using star rating as a difficulty measure is probably not a good way to start as some maps from the 4* range can be really harder than some in the 5* for example.
Topic Starter
Shiroyasi
well if so any beatmap suggestions for players at my lvl? i do pretty well at streams so maybe something that doesn't focus on to that
juankristal
Its hard to tell, havent been in touch with the ranked beatmaps too much lately. You could check aitor98 post about beatmap packs here: t/399593

For other suggestions, its probably better for you to ask in the #osumania channel in game. Have a nice day, I am locking the thread.