This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
672 posts
Offline
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on jueves, 26 de octubre de 2017 at 21:33:02

Artist: Infected Mushroom
Title: The Pretender
Tags: echoes silence patience grace foo fighters cover dnb drum and bass lince cosmico marathon
BPM: 174
Filesize: 11264kb
Play Time: 06:26
Difficulties Available:

Download: Infected Mushroom - The Pretender
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Image


This mapset exist for the sake of a banned mapper that actually wants to reach the achievement of ranking a marathon map while being banned, something that he never achieved. This all is happening thanks to me too, because i made a diff so he could rank it with no problems. This mapset is a different interpretation of both ranked versions of the song (map by RLC and Nwolf)

#3 Approved Image
#2 Hybrid map Image Image
  • Image Infected Oni by me
  • Image Deceived by Lince Cosmico
  • Image Deceived's hitsounds from RLC mapset

Changelog
  • Uploaded Beatmap- 18/03
  • Applied isopaharuntikka's mod in Lince's Deceived - 18/03
  • Applied Yamicchi's mod in Lince's Deceived - 19/03
  • Applied gottagof4ast's mod in Lince's Deceived 23/03
  • Applied Smolboi's mod in Lince's Deceived - 23/03
  • Applied HML's mod in Lince's Deceived - 27/03
  • Applied squirrelpascals's mod in Lince's Deceived - 27/03
  • Applied newton-'s mod in Lince's Deceived - 29/03
  • Applied DTM9 Nowa's mod in Lince's Deceived - 29/03
  • Applied cooldude4232's mod in Lince's Deceived - 01/04
  • Applied Shiratoi's mod in Lince's Deceived - 01/04
  • Changed BG - 01/04
  • Applied h4d0uk3n1's mod in Lince's Deceived - 01/04
  • Applied Greenshell's mod in Infected Oni - 03/04
  • Applied Cerulean Veyron's mod in Lince's Deceived - 14/04
  • Applied - Yoshimaro -'s in Lince's Deceived - 18/04
  • Applied JessiChan's mod in Infected Oni - 05/05
  • Applied timemon's mod in Lince's Deceived - 07/05
  • Applied direday's mod in Lince's Deceived - 07/05
  • Applied UnLock-'s mod in Lince's Deceived - 14/05
  • Applied Sylphi's mod in Infected Oni - 18/05
  • Applied Chriz's mod in Lince's Deceived - 23/05
  • Appllied LeQuack's mod in Lince's Deceived - 23/05
  • Applied Alwaysyukaz's mod on Infected Oni - 19/06
  • Applied Lince's mod in Infected Oni - 14/07
  • Applied strickluke's mod in Infected Oni - 21/07
  • Applied Doyak's mod in Lince's Deceived - 17/08
  • Applied Tyistiana's mod in Infected Oni - 21/08
  • Applied -Tochi's mod in Lince's Deceived - 05/09
  • Applied game rock's mod in Infected Oni - 06/09
  • Applied [R]'s mod in Infected Oni - 13/09
  • Applied frukoyurdakul's mod in Infected Oni Image - 14/09
  • frukoyurdakul's Taiko Icon Image 15/09
  • Applied Gabe's mod in Lince's Deceived - 19/04 Image
  • frukoyurdakul's bubble Image - 20/09
  • Applied squirrelpascals's check in Lince's Deceived - 26/10
  • squirrelpascals's approval Image - 26/10

Thanks very much:


Gabe Image | frukoyurdakul Image, Image & Image | squirrelpascalsImage


  • Thanks to all that who modded/testplaying our difficulties
  • Thanks Argentina for the favs and plays <3 (aunque no me conozcan espero que disfruten la diff de Lince :D)
Plays and Compliments
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image



:^)
Image
Last edited by gaston_2199 on , edited 108 times in total.
User avatar
Spinner Sage
163 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
hello am noob modder without any knowledge how to mod properly hope this helps

lince's diff

00:46:593 (1) - this feels too sudden or like too slow for me
00:57:283 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - i think this could be spaced bigger or should be a stacked stream instead
01:37:628 (3) - i think this should be rotated a bit more upwards
01:44:869 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - this concept comes out of nowhere
03:42:110 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - these feel like they're a bit too close together
05:44:524 (4,5) - this spacing increase felt weird to me

firetruck me i cant mod at all
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
672 posts
Offline
Lince Cosmico wrote:
isopaharuntikka wrote:
hello am noob modder without any knowledge how to mod properly hope this helps wow thanks for coming :D

lince's diff

00:46:593 (1) - this feels too sudden or like too slow for me it's part of the emphasis! also it plays kinda good imo
00:57:283 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - i think this could be spaced bigger or should be a stacked stream instead i kept the spacing, but i moved the whole stream + slider to make 00:56:938 (5,1) - this stack correctly
01:37:628 (3) - i think this should be rotated a bit more upwards i kinda literally rotated it to the other side (Ctrl + H)
01:44:869 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - this concept comes out of nowhere true!, fixed
03:42:110 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - these feel like they're a bit too close together there's no really space to make such a great pattern with the current things i need to do to map that part, but if someone suggest something better ill change it, for now ill keep it like that
05:44:524 (4,5) - this spacing increase felt weird to me not really increasing at all, also i wanted to make a pattern with this 05:44:524 (4,5,1) - like a "√" , also i used the same spacing for the other patterns only that most of them weren't circles but sliders.

firetruck me i cant mod at all no way you're saying that! you did helped me as far as i can see and thats something that i would be grateful about, keep doing mods like this and you will improve that part soon :p


Thanks a lot !


Updated~
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
1,053 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
Hi

General
• Yeah you really need a BG, and remember to resize it to 1377x768 then

Lince's
00:45:559 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Did you map this stream manually? Because they have few problems about spacing if you look closely (around 0.05x mis-spacing)
01:00:386 (9) - Should be 1/2 slider instead. 01:00:559 - is not a beat that should be skipped
01:06:852 - might wanna add a circle here. Skipping it while mapping 01:06:938 (3,4,5) - is so not fair
01:19:179 (6,7,1,2,3) - I'd suggest this to emphasize the drums
02:06:593 (1,2) - You realize the pitch is going down for these 2 circles right? So why is the spacing increase?
02:23:145 (4,5,6,7,1) - Idk maybe you should remap the stream. The shape could be better than that
02:32:455 (4) - Less curve for better blanket?
02:45:300 - mapping this part as a 4-circle stream is not a bad idea after all. It'd create more intensity for the switch.
02:45:559 (1,1,1,1) - The volume is too loud. Around 30-40% would be perfect
03:49:697 (1,2,3,4) - The point is with the prrevious pattern, you're making players to go horizontally zigzag, but then you map a gimmick pattern like this while the rhythm didn't go down that much. I'd suggest keeping the zigzag by ctrl + g 2,3 or 2,4
03:51:076 (1) - Ah, why is the 2 clap hitsound but you used a 1/4 reverse slider? How about Ctrl+g 03:51:076 (1,2,3) - ?
03:59:955 (4) - it is 1 grid off if you're trying to make the stream straight. Check it again
04:33:835 - 04:35:214 - 04:36:593 - 04:37:973 - ... should have hitclap don't you think?
05:17:283 (1,1,1,1,1) - you know you can just rotate 05:17:283 (1,1) - by -72* to create a good shape right? The current shape of pattern looks funny
05:48:375 - 05:59:409 - Please turn the volume down to around 20-30%. Keeping the volume hurts my ear a lot
06:10:386 (3) - Thank you lol
05:52:455 (3,4,5,6,7) - I mean why not this http://puu.sh/uPo9C/a914076d88.jpg? The blue ticks are not too small to be ignored

Good luck
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
672 posts
Offline
Lince Cosmico wrote:
Yamicchi wrote:
Hi o/

General
• Yeah you really need a BG, and remember to resize it to 1377x768 then Yeah this will be our bg until we find a correct one

Lince's
00:45:559 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Did you map this stream manually? Because they have few problems about spacing if you look closely (around 0.05x mis-spacing) I do all my streams manually (with manually i mean not using "Ctrl + Shift + F"), tbh i see that the spacing isnt unconsistent, only the last circle, the 4, was a bit off but now its fixed
01:00:386 (9) - Should be 1/2 slider instead. 01:00:559 - is not a beat that should be skipped true, fixed
01:06:852 - might wanna add a circle here. Skipping it while mapping 01:06:938 (3,4,5) - is so not fair yeah fixed
01:19:179 (6,7,1,2,3) - I'd suggest this to emphasize the drums i prefer mine :p
02:06:593 (1,2) - You realize the pitch is going down for these 2 circles right? So why is the spacing increase? actually i dont think so, ii mean, it emphasizes correctly imo but if someone suggest this again im changing it
02:23:145 (4,5,6,7,1) - Idk maybe you should remap the stream. The shape could be better than that right, i was thinking about this one, just made it straight
02:32:455 (4) - Less curve for better blanket? Fixed
02:45:300 - mapping this part as a 4-circle stream is not a bad idea after all. It'd create more intensity for the switch. it's not that bad but i still prefer to keep it calm, adding intensity there could confuse players, think about it, you're playing it , the whole part is calm so you're playing with ur cursor tapping like calmly, then a wild stream appears just on the last 4 circles of the slow part, kinda annoying because you would probably choke... so iim keeping it
02:45:559 (1,1,1,1) - The volume is too loud. Around 30-40% would be perfect my bad, but moved it to 20%
03:49:697 (1,2,3,4) - The point is with the previous pattern, you're making players to go horizontally zigzag, but then you map a gimmick pattern like this while the rhythm didn't go down that much. I'd suggest keeping the zigzag by ctrl + g 2,3 or 2,4 there was another pattern before it, and it was the same pattern you're suggesting right now, i realized while testplaying that it's a super big change of intensity if i do that, so i liiterally deleted it and remapped the whole part, i dont think that doing the same thing over again will solve this situation, for now, until i get a better suggest, ill keep this
03:51:076 (1) - Ah, why is the 2 clap hitsound but you used a 1/4 reverse slider? How about Ctrl+g 03:51:076 (1,2,3) - ? i say no to the ctrl + g, and i dont get when you say 2 clap because there are 2 whistles
03:59:955 (4) - it is 1 grid off if you're trying to make the stream straight. Check it again I literally fixed it just before reading this lmao
04:33:835 - 04:35:214 - 04:36:593 - 04:37:973 - ... should have hitclap don't you think? true, also fixed some things and added some hitsounds
05:17:283 (1,1,1,1,1) - you know you can just rotate 05:17:283 (1,1) - by -72* to create a good shape right? The current shape of pattern looks funny i really forgot about that option, but i want to make things by myself! .. .but it sucks :( so ill do it
05:48:375 - 05:59:409 - Please turn the volume down to around 20-30%. Keeping the volume hurts my ear a lot sorry xD, i added 2 lines during these sliders of 50% and 30% volume (like making it lower while time passes)
06:10:386 (3) - Thank you lol No problem :v)
05:52:455 (3,4,5,6,7) - I mean why not this http://puu.sh/uPo9C/a914076d88.jpg? The blue ticks are not too small to be ignored i thiink its fine enough atm

Good luck


Thanks for the mod yamicchi ♥


Updated~
User avatar
Combo Commander
465 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
NM from queue

Lince's Decieved
01:37:628 (3) - i would keep this part all circle to keep all sounds here clickable.

02:16:593 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - I would increase the spacing from 1 to 2 for more buildup, beacause the sounds do change and spacing would reflect that nicely I think.

02:19:179 (8) - Move this to the left so it doesn't touch 02:19:869 (3)

02:20:559 (1,3) - A bit of overlap

02:45:559 (1,1,1,1) - Arrange these in something else than a square, squares are boring

03:19:869 (6,2) - Overlap

03:42:110 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - These corners in the stream feel too intense compared to the other streams which are all simple lines

03:54:007 (2,1,2,3,4) - Yes the sliderhead is on top of 3 but I still wouln't let it intersect

03:56:076 (3,4,5,6) - Curve this more nicely

04:13:662 (3) - I don't hear a sound on this note

04:16:421 (3) - ^

04:21:248 (2) - ^

04:30:731 (2,3,4) - I would make it like this beacause of the beat on the white tick http://i.imgur.com/LpERGFG.png

05:11:248 (6,1) - Overlap

05:14:179 (3) - NC, to keep consistent with other jumps

This map is of really high quality so I don't have that much to add for a 6 and a half marathon map
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
672 posts
Offline
Lince Cosmico wrote:
gottagof4ast wrote:
NM from queue

Lince's Decieved
01:37:628 (3) - i would keep this part all circle to keep all sounds here clickable. i wouldn't, because its a really similar sound than 01:39:007 (1) - so it would be better to keep the consistency between both

02:16:593 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - I would increase the spacing from 1 to 2 for more buildup, beacause the sounds do change and spacing would reflect that nicely I think. hmm i think its already fine like that

02:19:179 (8) - Move this to the left so it doesn't touch 02:19:869 (3) actually that was intended, i wanted an overlap there, but now i changed it and made it more clear (as overlap)

02:20:559 (1,3) - A bit of overlap intended as well

02:45:559 (1,1,1,1) - Arrange these in something else than a square, squares are boring 03:53:835 (1,2,3,4) - i want you to say that again! also its a calm part, its just a few secs lmao

03:19:869 (6,2) - Overlap it's stacking with the slider end of 03:18:662 (1) - so its intended

03:42:110 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - These corners in the stream feel too intense compared to the other streams which are all simple lines thats the purpose :p , they're representing the background sound

03:54:007 (2,1,2,3,4) - Yes the sliderhead is on top of 3 but I still wouln't let it intersect hm? why not, it looks clear imo

03:56:076 (3,4,5,6) - Curve this more nicely tried my best without fucking up the pattern, done

04:13:662 (3) - I don't hear a sound on this note there's no really a hearable sound, its just overmap to emphatize and fill a bit up the part

04:16:421 (3) - ^

04:21:248 (2) - ^

04:30:731 (2,3,4) - I would make it like this beacause of the beat on the white tick http://i.imgur.com/LpERGFG.png im following vocals here

05:11:248 (6,1) - Overlap intended

05:14:179 (3) - NC, to keep consistent with other jumps woah my bad, fixed

This map is of really high quality so I don't have that much to add for a 6 and a half marathon map wow i really appreciate that commentary about the map, its the first time that someone calls my maps "high quality" :DDDD anyway sorry if you feel dissapointeda about my answers, but thanks for the mod :) it will be always appreciated

Thanksuuu :d


Updated~
User avatar
Slider Savant
111 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
Discord discussion

i'm too lazy to format this
Smolboi - Today at 5:20 PM
you on? i gave pretender a lil test play and i could give quick mod in osu chat if you want
Lince - Today at 5:21 PM
osu chat
:'(
we can do it here!
(cuz im banned and i cant log osu)
Smolboi - Today at 5:22 PM
aw
i wanted to savelog
Lince - Today at 5:22 PM
well
you can always copypaste all from here :thinking:(edited)
Smolboi - Today at 5:22 PM
yeah but savelog is so much easier
whatever
Lince - Today at 5:22 PM
yeah true
Smolboi - Today at 5:23 PM
you can still have it open in editor?
or should i go to gaston
Lince - Today at 5:23 PM
im at editor
rn
Smolboi - Today at 5:23 PM
ok
first things first
not quite a fan of that preview point
Lince - Today at 5:23 PM
oh, well maybe it should start a bit later
Smolboi - Today at 5:24 PM
i'd honestly just use the same one in the ranked version
sounds nicer tbh
or
04:56:507 -
Lince - Today at 5:24 PM
is it the same kiai?
Smolboi - Today at 5:24 PM
that could be nice
Lince - Today at 5:24 PM
actually i picked the preview point
mostly for this: 03:15:904 -
Smolboi - Today at 5:25 PM
ah
i see
Lince - Today at 5:25 PM
so people (if they still heariing the song) would be able to hear the OP part
Smolboi - Today at 5:25 PM
i'd still consider moving it forward or using 04:56:507 -
caus that build up ain't pretty
Lince - Today at 5:26 PM
i moved it foward
Smolboi - Today at 5:26 PM
aight
second
whats up with that BG
any reason you used miku?
Lince - Today at 5:26 PM
provisory
(right word?)
Smolboi - Today at 5:26 PM
idk
Lince - Today at 5:26 PM
if you read the description of the map
we still need BG
Smolboi - Today at 5:26 PM
oh
Lince - Today at 5:27 PM
i actually made a post iin reddit asking iif someone can help
but rip
also i asked on /r/osumapping discord as well
but we'll find one eventually
Smolboi - Today at 5:27 PM
the word is tentative btw
Lince - Today at 5:27 PM
xD
Smolboi - Today at 5:28 PM
overall it was really fun to play
the main things i noticed where some out of place feeling stacks
i'll just do a quick look through and try to find them again
Lince - Today at 5:29 PM
sure
Smolboi - Today at 5:30 PM
00:45:559 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - the stream emphasis you used here is a good bit stronger than the other streams in the map
like the spacing between segments in the stream is much bigger than what you can find ion other streams
Lince - Today at 5:30 PM
oh true
Smolboi - Today at 5:30 PM
the others are pretty tame/ just use hard bends in the stream
Lince - Today at 5:30 PM
but its actually the most hearable stream
in the whole map
Smolboi - Today at 5:31 PM
yeah i suppose
Lince - Today at 5:31 PM
the others always have music at background
Smolboi - Today at 5:31 PM
maybe it just threw me off because i was expecting kicksliders
ty rlc
Lince - Today at 5:31 PM
so i though that putting more emphasis on that one was better(edited)
o
i tried to not copy rlc things
so thats the reason of why there aren't kicksliders :v)
Smolboi - Today at 5:32 PM
no shame in using a little bit
it was one of the best maps of it's time after all
Lince - Today at 5:32 PM
i know
i really do enjoy it
that actually made me want to make my own version
Smolboi - Today at 5:32 PM
00:54:179 (5,9) - i have a blanket fetich, please blanket 5 into 9 properly
it satisfies my penis
Lince - Today at 5:33 PM
o i didnt tried to do blanket at first
anyway it seems better as a blanket LUL
fixed
Smolboi - Today at 5:33 PM
probably a few others like that
Lince - Today at 5:33 PM
(wow literaly 1 pixel to the left xD)
maybe there are
i remember using that pattern some times
Smolboi - Today at 5:34 PM
it adds a lot aesthetic wise so if i were you i'd take the time to go throug and fix them
Lince - Today at 5:34 PM
ill do it of course
Smolboi - Today at 5:34 PM
whenever you have the time
Lince - Today at 5:34 PM
yeah today is not really the right day
anyway lets continue
Smolboi - Today at 5:35 PM
01:55:904 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - this pattern was so much fucking fun to play
can i just say
Lince - Today at 5:36 PM
and i felt fun mapping that
i love doing that x0
i think i did something similar in other part of the map
Smolboi - Today at 5:36 PM
02:40:731 (2) - should be a repeater around here i think
Lince - Today at 5:37 PM
i actually tried to focus on vocals ,making it more relaxing
i didn't really want something unexpected there
Smolboi - Today at 5:38 PM
03:20:731 (3,4) - you shift from the 2 sliders then 4 circles to 1 slider and 6 circles after here
i think you ought to wait one more measure to do it though
03:20:731 (3,4) - so make these two circles
03:21:421 - since the music actually changes here
Lince - Today at 5:39 PM
03:20:042 (1,2,3,4) - hear this four sliders
calmly
when that sounds end
there's when i start doing the 4 circles 1 slider thing
i mean, i used that as reference
03:21:421 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - to make all of this
Smolboi - Today at 5:41 PM
03:31:076 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - the streams confure me a little bit here
not sure why some are longer since they all sound about the same intensity to me
Lince - Today at 5:42 PM
eh
some are?
i used same distance snap
Smolboi - Today at 5:42 PM
overall i think the end of that kiai could use some work
the rhythym choises are a bit weird from a mapping perspective
Lince - Today at 5:43 PM
what kind of rhythm choises are we talking about?
like the 4 combo stream + slider?
Smolboi - Today at 5:43 PM
yeah, you aren't sticking to one combo
like "stream this length then repeating slider"
some streams are longer than others
some repeaters are longer than others
03:49:007 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - here you broke out into kicksliders
Lince - Today at 5:45 PM
yeah
cuz the "new part"
and i use the same pattern in all of the parts
if i find a form to make it less weird ill probably change it
Smolboi - Today at 5:48 PM
so yeah
that about it
was pretty fun to play, spacing is good
only real problem was rhythym
needs to be a little more predictable
i found that i was allways being suprised by things
especially in the kiai
Lince - Today at 5:49 PM
actually... i dont know how to make it more predictable... like... i love it i cant help it axsadasjd
ill find a way anyways
Smolboi - Today at 5:50 PM
first off, i'd break up the long stream
the really don't fit imo
and it would help people to keep up stamina through the kiai
Lince - Today at 5:51 PM
i though that the long reverseslider was the problem there
like... the most unexpected thing
Smolboi - Today at 5:51 PM
03:46:248 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1) - and i would save kick sliders for this loud ass kick sound that you hear here and in other places(edited)
Lince - Today at 5:51 PM
and i put that to make people recover a bit of stamina
Smolboi - Today at 5:51 PM
no
some revers slider are longer than others
Lince - Today at 5:52 PM
there are 2 types of reverse sliders
the normal ones of 4 reverses
and the ones with 9
Smolboi - Today at 5:52 PM
yeah
Lince - Today at 5:52 PM
the ones with 9 only appears when there's a 4 combo stream before
thats the recovery one
Smolboi - Today at 5:52 PM
ah
Lince - Today at 5:52 PM
the others well, works but not as the 9 one
Smolboi - Today at 5:53 PM
i would just make them all the 2 measure streams with the 4 reverse sliders
maybe break out into longer streams at the end
Lince - Today at 5:53 PM
wouldn't make sense if you hear the background sound
of where the 9 slider is(edited)
there's a long sound
its liike "tum tum tum tum tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum" (4 combo - 4 combo - 4 combo - 4 combo - 9 reverse slider)
(such a nice representation LMAO)
Smolboi - Today at 5:54 PM
it's the same sound as the other reverse sliders though
or it's so close that i really can't tell
Lince - Today at 5:55 PM
hmm you dont get me
why do you think there are... specific parts with 4 combo streams?
Smolboi - Today at 5:55 PM
eh?
listen
what i'm saying is
Lince - Today at 5:55 PM
e
Smolboi - Today at 5:56 PM
03:26:938 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2) - this is good
the 2 measure stream followed by the 2 - 1 measure reverse sliders
Lince - Today at 5:56 PM
yeah
Smolboi - Today at 5:56 PM
i'm saying you should save the longer streams til the end of the kiai
and put the kick slider on the really loud kick sounds
example of places withg the kick sound
03:37:628 (5,6,7,8) -
Lince - Today at 5:57 PM
i actually do it in both parts of kiais(edited)
to being consistent only
but yeah i get you
but i dont really want to save the longer streams for the ending
because i represented the intensity from the spacing
Smolboi - Today at 5:58 PM
why not
Lince - Today at 5:58 PM
and... its still part of the kiai
Smolboi - Today at 5:58 PM
i really think they would fit better
since you can't point to spesific sounds and go "yep, thats why that stream is longer"
Lince - Today at 5:59 PM
:thinking:
Smolboi - Today at 5:59 PM
but you CAN say, "the stream is longer because the music is more intense"
thus
put longer streams at the end
where it's more INTENSE
Lince - Today at 5:59 PM
wait, why you can't say that the stream is longer because the sound?
Smolboi - Today at 5:59 PM
and keep shorter streams in the beginning
because all the streams sound the same
Smolboi - Today at 6:00 PM
it just gets louder
Lince - Today at 6:00 PM
but im not talking about that sound
Smolboi - Today at 6:00 PM
progresively
Lince - Today at 6:00 PM
im talking about the music sounds
also i already told you, its part of my style, i represent intensity with spacing
Smolboi - Today at 6:01 PM
ok
most people do
that not relevent
ok
tell me why this stream is longer than the others before it
03:31:076 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -
what is your reasoning
Lince - Today at 6:02 PM
the background sound
there's a sound from the music on every New Combo
so 03:31:076 (1) -
03:31:421 (1) -
03:31:766 (1) -
03:32:110 (1) -
03:32:455 (1) -
Smolboi - Today at 6:04 PM
OOOOOOOH
thats what you're emphasizing
Lince - Today at 6:04 PM
yeah
thats what i've been trying to say
all of this time
Smolboi - Today at 6:04 PM
that would explain why i didn't catch it
Lince - Today at 6:04 PM
LOL
Smolboi - Today at 6:04 PM
because it's reallllllly quiet
Lince - Today at 6:04 PM
even with the tum tum tum tuuuum thing
feelsbad
ehhhhh it isnt for me!
i hear it clearly
with only one speaker working
:thinking:
Smolboi - Today at 6:05 PM
03:33:145 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - but then why is this one longer
Lince - Today at 6:06 PM
well, the sound from 03:32:455 (1) - actually ends 03:33:835 - here or around
and i did this cuz it emphasize imo 03:33:835 -
nvm
the sound from the long reverse slider actually ends here 03:35:214 -
Smolboi - Today at 6:09 PM
but
can you explain the 9 repeaters
Lince - Today at 6:09 PM
the 9 repeater
is where the sound start
as i said before, thats for stamina recovering
then it continues with the long stream(edited)
Smolboi - Today at 6:11 PM
the difference in difficulty between two 4 reapeating sliders and one 9 repeating slider really isn't tangible
feels like it kind of betrays the intensity
Lince - Today at 6:11 PM
4 x 2 = 8
Smolboi - Today at 6:11 PM
whatever
Lince - Today at 6:11 PM
only 1 repeater = 9
kappa
Smolboi - Today at 6:11 PM
i don't wanna math rn
Lince - Today at 6:12 PM
i fucking confused
its not 9 repeats
its 8
LOL
i kept the 9 because i didn't want it to be 2 sliiders
2 sliders for the same sound
Smolboi - Today at 6:12 PM
also
03:53:145 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -
kick sliders(edited)
Lince - Today at 6:13 PM
yes
thats the hardest part of the kiai
where i dont use streams anymore
Smolboi - Today at 6:13 PM
so you used them because the song is more intense, correct
Lince - Today at 6:13 PM
yeah
Smolboi - Today at 6:13 PM
so how bout you organize them into a pattern
Lince - Today at 6:13 PM
i literally copied them from big black tbh
Smolboi - Today at 6:13 PM
like how after every stream you but the reverse sliders
but with kick sliders
because as it is, you just kinda clumped all the kick sliders into one part
Lince - Today at 6:14 PM
i dont get at all what you mean(edited)
Smolboi - Today at 6:14 PM
hold
Lince - Today at 6:15 PM
also
i think that my big problem
is thiis 05:35:214 -
now that i see
LOL i fucked it up
remap time kms(edited)
Smolboi - Today at 6:18 PM
03:51:766 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - SO HERE, IT'S A LONG STREAM FOLLOWED BY A SHITLOAD OF KICK SLIDERS
CAPS LOCK
you could just use a regular 2 measure stream followed by 2 measures of kick sliders
jsut like what you did erlier in the map
03:39:352 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2) - think this, but the repeaters are kik sliders
it would help to spread out the dificulty a little more
so it's not, "ok heres the stream, now here's the kick sliders"
it's would all be one nice blend(edited)
Lince - Today at 6:20 PM
gimme a sec
ok done
lets see this(edited)
03:52:455 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - actually thiis
is the biggest mistake
i mapped it fastly in exchange of some bad things i had
and i forgot to fix
but there should be 2 reverse sliders i think
correct?
Smolboi - Today at 6:23 PM
did you read what i posted
ok
so
Lince - Today at 6:23 PM
yes
Smolboi - Today at 6:23 PM
basically
do it just like you had been doing it all kiai
Lince - Today at 6:24 PM
but you said kicksliders and confused me
o
Smolboi - Today at 6:24 PM
03:40:731 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2) - takes this, replace the reverse sliders with kick sliders
use that for the second half of the kiai instead of the long streams and the sections of kick sliders
03:49:007 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - kick slider are these things
Lince - Today at 6:27 PM
yeah i got it
Smolboi - Today at 6:27 PM
ok
thats about all i wanted to get across
rhythym should be more consistant
thats basically it
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
672 posts
Offline
Smolboi wrote:
Discord discussion

i'm too lazy to format this
Smolboi - Today at 5:20 PM
you on? i gave pretender a lil test play and i could give quick mod in osu chat if you want
Lince - Today at 5:21 PM
osu chat
:'(
we can do it here!
(cuz im banned and i cant log osu)
Smolboi - Today at 5:22 PM
aw
i wanted to savelog
Lince - Today at 5:22 PM
well
you can always copypaste all from here :thinking:(edited)
Smolboi - Today at 5:22 PM
yeah but savelog is so much easier
whatever
Lince - Today at 5:22 PM
yeah true
Smolboi - Today at 5:23 PM
you can still have it open in editor?
or should i go to gaston
Lince - Today at 5:23 PM
im at editor
rn
Smolboi - Today at 5:23 PM
ok
first things first
not quite a fan of that preview point
Lince - Today at 5:23 PM
oh, well maybe it should start a bit later
Smolboi - Today at 5:24 PM
i'd honestly just use the same one in the ranked version
sounds nicer tbh
or
04:56:507 -
Lince - Today at 5:24 PM
is it the same kiai?
Smolboi - Today at 5:24 PM
that could be nice
Lince - Today at 5:24 PM
actually i picked the preview point
mostly for this: 03:15:904 -
Smolboi - Today at 5:25 PM
ah
i see
Lince - Today at 5:25 PM
so people (if they still heariing the song) would be able to hear the OP part
Smolboi - Today at 5:25 PM
i'd still consider moving it forward or using 04:56:507 -
caus that build up ain't pretty
Lince - Today at 5:26 PM
i moved it foward
Smolboi - Today at 5:26 PM
aight
second
whats up with that BG
any reason you used miku?
Lince - Today at 5:26 PM
provisory
(right word?)
Smolboi - Today at 5:26 PM
idk
Lince - Today at 5:26 PM
if you read the description of the map
we still need BG
Smolboi - Today at 5:26 PM
oh
Lince - Today at 5:27 PM
i actually made a post iin reddit asking iif someone can help
but rip
also i asked on /r/osumapping discord as well
but we'll find one eventually
Smolboi - Today at 5:27 PM
the word is tentative btw
Lince - Today at 5:27 PM
xD
Smolboi - Today at 5:28 PM
overall it was really fun to play
the main things i noticed where some out of place feeling stacks
i'll just do a quick look through and try to find them again
Lince - Today at 5:29 PM
sure
Smolboi - Today at 5:30 PM
00:45:559 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - the stream emphasis you used here is a good bit stronger than the other streams in the map
like the spacing between segments in the stream is much bigger than what you can find ion other streams
Lince - Today at 5:30 PM
oh true
Smolboi - Today at 5:30 PM
the others are pretty tame/ just use hard bends in the stream
Lince - Today at 5:30 PM
but its actually the most hearable stream
in the whole map
Smolboi - Today at 5:31 PM
yeah i suppose
Lince - Today at 5:31 PM
the others always have music at background
Smolboi - Today at 5:31 PM
maybe it just threw me off because i was expecting kicksliders
ty rlc
Lince - Today at 5:31 PM
so i though that putting more emphasis on that one was better(edited)
o
i tried to not copy rlc things
so thats the reason of why there aren't kicksliders :v)
Smolboi - Today at 5:32 PM
no shame in using a little bit
it was one of the best maps of it's time after all
Lince - Today at 5:32 PM
i know
i really do enjoy it
that actually made me want to make my own version
Smolboi - Today at 5:32 PM
00:54:179 (5,9) - i have a blanket fetich, please blanket 5 into 9 properly
it satisfies my penis
Lince - Today at 5:33 PM
o i didnt tried to do blanket at first
anyway it seems better as a blanket LUL
fixed
Smolboi - Today at 5:33 PM
probably a few others like that
Lince - Today at 5:33 PM
(wow literaly 1 pixel to the left xD)
maybe there are
i remember using that pattern some times
Smolboi - Today at 5:34 PM
it adds a lot aesthetic wise so if i were you i'd take the time to go throug and fix them
Lince - Today at 5:34 PM
ill do it of course
Smolboi - Today at 5:34 PM
whenever you have the time
Lince - Today at 5:34 PM
yeah today is not really the right day
anyway lets continue
Smolboi - Today at 5:35 PM
01:55:904 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - this pattern was so much fucking fun to play
can i just say
Lince - Today at 5:36 PM
and i felt fun mapping that
i love doing that x0
i think i did something similar in other part of the map
Smolboi - Today at 5:36 PM
02:40:731 (2) - should be a repeater around here i think
Lince - Today at 5:37 PM
i actually tried to focus on vocals ,making it more relaxing
i didn't really want something unexpected there
Smolboi - Today at 5:38 PM
03:20:731 (3,4) - you shift from the 2 sliders then 4 circles to 1 slider and 6 circles after here
i think you ought to wait one more measure to do it though
03:20:731 (3,4) - so make these two circles
03:21:421 - since the music actually changes here
Lince - Today at 5:39 PM
03:20:042 (1,2,3,4) - hear this four sliders
calmly
when that sounds end
there's when i start doing the 4 circles 1 slider thing
i mean, i used that as reference
03:21:421 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - to make all of this
Smolboi - Today at 5:41 PM
03:31:076 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - the streams confure me a little bit here
not sure why some are longer since they all sound about the same intensity to me
Lince - Today at 5:42 PM
eh
some are?
i used same distance snap
Smolboi - Today at 5:42 PM
overall i think the end of that kiai could use some work
the rhythym choises are a bit weird from a mapping perspective
Lince - Today at 5:43 PM
what kind of rhythm choises are we talking about?
like the 4 combo stream + slider?
Smolboi - Today at 5:43 PM
yeah, you aren't sticking to one combo
like "stream this length then repeating slider"
some streams are longer than others
some repeaters are longer than others
03:49:007 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - here you broke out into kicksliders
Lince - Today at 5:45 PM
yeah
cuz the "new part"
and i use the same pattern in all of the parts
if i find a form to make it less weird ill probably change it
Smolboi - Today at 5:48 PM
so yeah
that about it
was pretty fun to play, spacing is good
only real problem was rhythym
needs to be a little more predictable
i found that i was allways being suprised by things
especially in the kiai
Lince - Today at 5:49 PM
actually... i dont know how to make it more predictable... like... i love it i cant help it axsadasjd
ill find a way anyways
Smolboi - Today at 5:50 PM
first off, i'd break up the long stream
the really don't fit imo
and it would help people to keep up stamina through the kiai
Lince - Today at 5:51 PM
i though that the long reverseslider was the problem there
like... the most unexpected thing
Smolboi - Today at 5:51 PM
03:46:248 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1) - and i would save kick sliders for this loud ass kick sound that you hear here and in other places(edited)
Lince - Today at 5:51 PM
and i put that to make people recover a bit of stamina
Smolboi - Today at 5:51 PM
no
some revers slider are longer than others
Lince - Today at 5:52 PM
there are 2 types of reverse sliders
the normal ones of 4 reverses
and the ones with 9
Smolboi - Today at 5:52 PM
yeah
Lince - Today at 5:52 PM
the ones with 9 only appears when there's a 4 combo stream before
thats the recovery one
Smolboi - Today at 5:52 PM
ah
Lince - Today at 5:52 PM
the others well, works but not as the 9 one
Smolboi - Today at 5:53 PM
i would just make them all the 2 measure streams with the 4 reverse sliders
maybe break out into longer streams at the end
Lince - Today at 5:53 PM
wouldn't make sense if you hear the background sound
of where the 9 slider is(edited)
there's a long sound
its liike "tum tum tum tum tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum" (4 combo - 4 combo - 4 combo - 4 combo - 9 reverse slider)
(such a nice representation LMAO)
Smolboi - Today at 5:54 PM
it's the same sound as the other reverse sliders though
or it's so close that i really can't tell
Lince - Today at 5:55 PM
hmm you dont get me
why do you think there are... specific parts with 4 combo streams?
Smolboi - Today at 5:55 PM
eh?
listen
what i'm saying is
Lince - Today at 5:55 PM
e
Smolboi - Today at 5:56 PM
03:26:938 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2) - this is good
the 2 measure stream followed by the 2 - 1 measure reverse sliders
Lince - Today at 5:56 PM
yeah
Smolboi - Today at 5:56 PM
i'm saying you should save the longer streams til the end of the kiai
and put the kick slider on the really loud kick sounds
example of places withg the kick sound
03:37:628 (5,6,7,8) -
Lince - Today at 5:57 PM
i actually do it in both parts of kiais(edited)
to being consistent only
but yeah i get you
but i dont really want to save the longer streams for the ending
because i represented the intensity from the spacing
Smolboi - Today at 5:58 PM
why not
Lince - Today at 5:58 PM
and... its still part of the kiai
Smolboi - Today at 5:58 PM
i really think they would fit better
since you can't point to spesific sounds and go "yep, thats why that stream is longer"
Lince - Today at 5:59 PM
:thinking:
Smolboi - Today at 5:59 PM
but you CAN say, "the stream is longer because the music is more intense"
thus
put longer streams at the end
where it's more INTENSE
Lince - Today at 5:59 PM
wait, why you can't say that the stream is longer because the sound?
Smolboi - Today at 5:59 PM
and keep shorter streams in the beginning
because all the streams sound the same
Smolboi - Today at 6:00 PM
it just gets louder
Lince - Today at 6:00 PM
but im not talking about that sound
Smolboi - Today at 6:00 PM
progresively
Lince - Today at 6:00 PM
im talking about the music sounds
also i already told you, its part of my style, i represent intensity with spacing
Smolboi - Today at 6:01 PM
ok
most people do
that not relevent
ok
tell me why this stream is longer than the others before it
03:31:076 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -
what is your reasoning
Lince - Today at 6:02 PM
the background sound
there's a sound from the music on every New Combo
so 03:31:076 (1) -
03:31:421 (1) -
03:31:766 (1) -
03:32:110 (1) -
03:32:455 (1) -
Smolboi - Today at 6:04 PM
OOOOOOOH
thats what you're emphasizing
Lince - Today at 6:04 PM
yeah
thats what i've been trying to say
all of this time
Smolboi - Today at 6:04 PM
that would explain why i didn't catch it
Lince - Today at 6:04 PM
LOL
Smolboi - Today at 6:04 PM
because it's reallllllly quiet
Lince - Today at 6:04 PM
even with the tum tum tum tuuuum thing
feelsbad
ehhhhh it isnt for me!
i hear it clearly
with only one speaker working
:thinking:
Smolboi - Today at 6:05 PM
03:33:145 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - but then why is this one longer
Lince - Today at 6:06 PM
well, the sound from 03:32:455 (1) - actually ends 03:33:835 - here or around
and i did this cuz it emphasize imo 03:33:835 -
nvm
the sound from the long reverse slider actually ends here 03:35:214 -
Smolboi - Today at 6:09 PM
but
can you explain the 9 repeaters
Lince - Today at 6:09 PM
the 9 repeater
is where the sound start
as i said before, thats for stamina recovering
then it continues with the long stream(edited)
Smolboi - Today at 6:11 PM
the difference in difficulty between two 4 reapeating sliders and one 9 repeating slider really isn't tangible
feels like it kind of betrays the intensity
Lince - Today at 6:11 PM
4 x 2 = 8
Smolboi - Today at 6:11 PM
whatever
Lince - Today at 6:11 PM
only 1 repeater = 9
kappa
Smolboi - Today at 6:11 PM
i don't wanna math rn
Lince - Today at 6:12 PM
i fucking confused
its not 9 repeats
its 8
LOL
i kept the 9 because i didn't want it to be 2 sliiders
2 sliders for the same sound
Smolboi - Today at 6:12 PM
also
03:53:145 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -
kick sliders(edited)
Lince - Today at 6:13 PM
yes
thats the hardest part of the kiai
where i dont use streams anymore
Smolboi - Today at 6:13 PM
so you used them because the song is more intense, correct
Lince - Today at 6:13 PM
yeah
Smolboi - Today at 6:13 PM
so how bout you organize them into a pattern
Lince - Today at 6:13 PM
i literally copied them from big black tbh
Smolboi - Today at 6:13 PM
like how after every stream you but the reverse sliders
but with kick sliders
because as it is, you just kinda clumped all the kick sliders into one part
Lince - Today at 6:14 PM
i dont get at all what you mean(edited)
Smolboi - Today at 6:14 PM
hold
Lince - Today at 6:15 PM
also
i think that my big problem
is thiis 05:35:214 -
now that i see
LOL i fucked it up
remap time kms(edited)
Smolboi - Today at 6:18 PM
03:51:766 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - SO HERE, IT'S A LONG STREAM FOLLOWED BY A SHITLOAD OF KICK SLIDERS
CAPS LOCK
you could just use a regular 2 measure stream followed by 2 measures of kick sliders
jsut like what you did erlier in the map
03:39:352 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2) - think this, but the repeaters are kik sliders
it would help to spread out the dificulty a little more
so it's not, "ok heres the stream, now here's the kick sliders"
it's would all be one nice blend(edited)
Lince - Today at 6:20 PM
gimme a sec
ok done
lets see this(edited)
03:52:455 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - actually thiis
is the biggest mistake
i mapped it fastly in exchange of some bad things i had
and i forgot to fix
but there should be 2 reverse sliders i think
correct?
Smolboi - Today at 6:23 PM
did you read what i posted
ok
so
Lince - Today at 6:23 PM
yes
Smolboi - Today at 6:23 PM
basically
do it just like you had been doing it all kiai
Lince - Today at 6:24 PM
but you said kicksliders and confused me
o
Smolboi - Today at 6:24 PM
03:40:731 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2) - takes this, replace the reverse sliders with kick sliders
use that for the second half of the kiai instead of the long streams and the sections of kick sliders
03:49:007 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - kick slider are these things
Lince - Today at 6:27 PM
yeah i got it
Smolboi - Today at 6:27 PM
ok
thats about all i wanted to get across
rhythym should be more consistant
thats basically it


Updated~
User avatar
Combo Commander
285 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
I don't like the background. It's too calm and warm with a song this intense. Here are some I think would suit it better:
I like this one a lot. It fits perfectly
Anything from here would suit better imo


mod for Lince
The HP is really low. I'd make it 6-6.3. It's too easy to miss an entire stream and stay alive.
Also, you map in the middle too much. Take advantage of the corners. It makes the map feel really boring, like backtracking in a video game. Not enough variety imo. Here's a screenshot of the total area used in your map which is 6 minutes long, no excuse with the amount of time you have to play with: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7661846

00:25:904 (2) - Ctrl+G this to make the flow a bit better and to match the flow of 00:22:110 (1,2) - . It plays much better this way and doesn't feel awkward because of the small gap in space, but large in time.

00:40:042 (4) - I think you should make this into a 1/1 slider much like 00:39:352 (3) - , but slow the SV to make the part play like how it sounds while making it feel different from 00:39:352 (3) - .

00:43:835 (2) - The change in pitch is 00:44:007 - , not where you ended the slider.
00:46:248 (1,2,3,4,1) - This is overdone. there is no pitch change, so there's no reason to increase the DS or change the hitsounding here.
00:48:317 (3,4) - These are stacked for no rhythmical reason. They're the same sounds as 00:47:973 (1,2) - yet are treated very differently. The only reason I can think of why you did this is because 00:48:490 (4) - is a strong note, but you're suppressing it's emphasis by hiding it under another note. I'd either NC it, or make a flow change here.

00:51:248 (4) - ^ Just to let you know, I won't mention this again, so if you do go through with the changes, just go through the map.
00:55:559 (3,4,5,6,7) - The first note of a stream is arguably the most important part. Making such a thing a nonclickable slider end is bad imo because you don't feel the impact of the 1/4 just rather a quad.This types of stuff is allover the map and I think is fundamentally wrong.

00:57:628 (1,2,3,4) - Makes these 1/4th sliders to show of the major pitch changes from 00:57:628 (1,2) - to 00:57:801 (3,4) - . Adds some nice fair and emphasis to this part of the map.

01:07:973 (1,2,3,4,5) - Flip this pattern upside down. It reflects the music better because 01:07:973 (1,2) - is a high change in pitch while 01:08:145 (2,5) - is low. Doesn't make sense to go down when the song is going up and vise versa.

01:23:317 (1,2,3,4,5,5) - There are a lot of ugly overlaps in the map. Clean it up a bit more maybe?
01:28:317 (1) - Should be emphasized through special slider a shape like 01:25:559 (1) - is. It looks boring compared to the prior part.
01:31:076 (1,1,1,1) - I think this pattern would feel better if it played like THIS because it breaks flow from 01:30:042 (3,4,5,6,7) - and rightfully so with the change in music being so heavy hitting. And with the way I showed, 01:32:455 (1,1) - follows the same flow as 01:31:076 (1,1,1) - being a zigzag rather than a square. it's more predictable.

01:37:110 (3) - Is much stronger than 01:37:283 (1) - , so I'd swap NC's and make 01:37:110 (3) - where the change in flow comes in. The way you did it is rhythmically incorrect and it plays poorly because of that fact.

01:38:317 (3,1) - ^ same dealio
01:43:490 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - This is weird in that the superior vocal shift happens at 01:43:662 (2) - , and a new sound is introduced 01:43:835 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - . I think you should make 01:43:490 (1,2) - part of 01:42:110 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - , and make a new pattern with 01:43:835 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - , Much like you did 01:49:007 (1,2,1,2,1,2) -

01:50:042 (1,2,3,4,1) - Curvy streams like this look bad imo. They don't add much with adding an eye soar and don't play any different. You make this feel more important than it is buy making it have a very special shape that's not needed.

01:58:662 - Add a note, 01:59:352 - here, 02:00:042 - here, 02:00:214 - here, 02:00:386 - here, and 02:00:559 - here. Gets rid of the break while emphasizing the VERY important vocal cry. Just try it out, I think it sounds fantastic rather than a boring break.

02:05:559 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - This pattern feels really weighted to the right and uneven. Make 02:05:559 (1,2) - the same shape as 02:05:904 (1,2) - , and 02:06:248 (1,2) - the same as 02:06:593 (1,2) - . I think it looks and plays better with the even climbing of the rhythm unlike what you have. You did it 02:16:593 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - . Same sound, different way of how you did it.

02:19:869 (3,1) - These feel random and shoehorned in. In the rest of this section there is nothing like it, and you ignore (what should be) clickable strong rhythms on 02:20:214 - and 02:20:731 - .

02:31:421 (3) - The jagged section of this slider feels to short and crammed in there, so it makes it feel very uneven and top heavy. This is easily fixed by making the tail end curve more like THIS

02:57:973 (1,2) - Same as before.
03:13:490 (2) - I think this plays better and gives more impact if its put over the head of 03:13:835 (1) - . Makes it so you go from a moving jump to a stunned stop and gap in time. Makes it feel better to play imo.

03:37:628 (5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - This looks really ugly. Make it more round and less unbalanced so it looks better and doesn't play stiff like how it does around 03:37:628 (5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5) - .

03:57:628 (5) - NC because of the dip in the stream along with consistency
05:02:110 (1,2) - Last time I'll mention it.
05:08:662 (3,4,5,6,1) - Inconsistency with how you structure this stream throughout the map.
05:18:662 (1) - Delete this note. I think it sounds better and gives a bigger impact if you map to the vocals.
05:40:731 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - This is 1/6, not 1/4.
06:25:904 (2) - Making this into a stream that ends on 06:26:248 - fits the rhythm better imo, and plays pretty cool.

Some final overall thoughts
_______________________

I think all of the overlaps make it look unpolished and messy contrasting the song in a bad way. Also, you change flow in very weird places that feel random at times. You should change flow every strong beat to give more impact and to not make it feel like you're spinning your cursor in one direction like how your map feels for the vast majority of the play time. Everything in this map looks the same in aesthetics, note placement, and movement which make it boring to play. Inconsistencies in rhythm choice make it weird and not fun to play in areas with random changes.

Best of luck
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
718 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
HML wrote:
I don't like the background. It's too calm and warm with a song this intense. Here are some I think would suit it better:
I like this one a lot. It fits perfectly
Anything from here would suit better imo


plz. this chick proceeds to just read a book as she literally falls from the sky. Do you think non-intense people would passively enjoy a good book, knowing that their lives are in great danger?

Anyways here's my mod :p
Screenshots are purely examples as to how a problem can be fixed

Lince
• You have very similar combo colors, including an unrankable white combo color (which you should replace with like a very light grey). You're going to have to cut the grey combo colors that you use to just like 2 or three, they should all be visually different

00:24:524 (1,2) - 00:35:559 (1,2,3,4,1) - These two rhythms are different, yet mapped to the same vocal pattern. Make this consistent?

00:43:835 (2) - unsnapped lol

00:54:438 (6,7) - 01:30:042 (3,4,5) - Make this more like a stream, like you did at 00:51:421 (5,6,7) - and 00:55:559 (3,4,5) - ?

00:58:317 - Make clickable?

01:36:593 - Make this clickable as well, it feels awkward starting the pattern at 01:36:766 -

01:56:938 (1) - I think you could provide more exaggeration to this note through spacing, the note is on a new group of guitar notes (the three notes that descend in pitch that are repeated) and there is a pretty strong snare there

02:07:283 (2,3,4,5) - Shouldn't a stream be here? with a note at 02:07:542 -

02:12:110 (1) - This slow slider is uncalled for, just make it normal speed

02:14:352 (3,4) - This rhythm isn't that great here, because of the strong note on the sliderend at 02:14:697 - Make it two 1/2 sliders here to bring out that guitar? https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7665701

02:15:904 (3,4,5,6,7) - This whole stream should start at 02:15:731 - , because the hi hats these should be mapped to stop at 02:16:076 -

02:53:490 (1) - colorhax suggestion: make this a red slider? It would make the slider stand out to the player from 02:52:455 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - and tell them that the slider plays differently. Also, the same slider at 01:39:007 (1) - is also red

03:02:628 (1,2,3,4) - Stream here?

03:49:697 (1,2,3,4) - Why are these overlapped? The stops in flow here feel forced in such an intense part of the song, I would switch the places of 2 and 3

03:57:628 (5) - This is the only time youve put a corner in the more intense part of this map starting from 03:49:007 - . I would remove it

04:19:007 - Make clickable?

04:48:317 (1,2) - Make slider ends clickable here too? This seems like the intensity in the map reduces compared to 04:46:938 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) -

04:55:214 (1,2,3,4) - This might sound like a dumb suggestion, but can you make this a lighter combo color? Both times I've playtested this map I forget that there is still rhythm to account for at this part of the map, so maybe a light combo color here will bring more attention to the player? idk lol

05:48:317 (3,4) - Overap these? Or make that buzz slider end at 05:48:662 - The spacing makes it look like it plays similarly to 05:42:110 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - with the consistent 1/2 gap in between objects. Same for 05:59:352 (4,5) -

05:52:800 (6,7) - Account for the blue ticks that come after these notes somehow? Maybe kicksliders would be cool https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7665837

06:22:800 (2,1) - Space these more?


Solid map! good luck :)
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
672 posts
Offline
Lince Cosmico wrote:
HML wrote:
I don't like the background. It's too calm and warm with a song this intense. Here are some I think would suit it better:
I like this one a lot. It fits perfectly
Anything from here would suit better imo
i'm gonna talk with gaston about this lol

mod for Lince
The HP is really low. I'd make it 6-6.3. It's too easy to miss an entire stream and stay alive. I made it 6,2 now :p
Also, you map in the middle too much. Take advantage of the corners. It makes the map feel really boring, like backtracking in a video game. Not enough variety imo. Here's a screenshot of the total area used in your map which is 6 minutes long, no excuse with the amount of time you have to play with: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7661846 well i dont see how it makes it boring, i dont really care about using corners at all

00:25:904 (2) - Ctrl+G this to make the flow a bit better and to match the flow of 00:22:110 (1,2) - . It plays much better this way and doesn't feel awkward because of the small gap in space, but large in time. oh sure, fixed

00:40:042 (4) - I think you should make this into a 1/1 slider much like 00:39:352 (3) - , but slow the SV to make the part play like how it sounds while making it feel different from 00:39:352 (3) - . i heard the sound there, but i decided to not do it, i think its perfect like its now

00:43:835 (2) - The change in pitch is 00:44:007 - , not where you ended the slider. HOW I DID NOT NOTICE THIS LOL
00:46:248 (1,2,3,4,1) - This is overdone. there is no pitch change, so there's no reason to increase the DS or change the hitsounding here. since it plays perfectly, and also i didnt the hitsounds (anyway i think they fits a lot good) i dont see why now
00:48:317 (3,4) - These are stacked for no rhythmical reason. They're the same sounds as 00:47:973 (1,2) - yet are treated very differently. The only reason I can think of why you did this is because 00:48:490 (4) - is a strong note, but you're suppressing it's emphasis by hiding it under another note. I'd either NC it, or make a flow change here. i actually did it because i felt like these were 4 circles of 2 combo each one (first 2 circles and the other circles are different in my sense) so that made me think about that pattern, ill not change it

00:51:248 (4) - ^ Just to let you know, I won't mention this again, so if you do go through with the changes, just go through the map.
00:55:559 (3,4,5,6,7) - The first note of a stream is arguably the most important part. Making such a thing a nonclickable slider end is bad imo because you don't feel the impact of the 1/4 just rather a quad.This types of stuff is allover the map and I think is fundamentally wrong.true, fixed

00:57:628 (1,2,3,4) - Makes these 1/4th sliders to show of the major pitch changes from 00:57:628 (1,2) - to 00:57:801 (3,4) - . Adds some nice fair and emphasis to this part of the map. the intensity of the kicksliders just makes me dont think about that

01:07:973 (1,2,3,4,5) - Flip this pattern upside down. It reflects the music better because 01:07:973 (1,2) - is a high change in pitch while 01:08:145 (2,5) - is low. Doesn't make sense to go down when the song is going up and vise versa. changed it a bit

01:23:317 (1,2,3,4,5,5) - There are a lot of ugly overlaps in the map. Clean it up a bit more maybe? ugly? LOL, anyway fixed that one (im lazy to change the color ok) every overlap (or most of them) have a sense, i care about details im not that careless
01:28:317 (1) - Should be emphasized through special slider a shape like 01:25:559 (1) - is. It looks boring compared to the prior part. true, fixed
01:31:076 (1,1,1,1) - I think this pattern would feel better if it played like THIS because it breaks flow from 01:30:042 (3,4,5,6,7) - and rightfully so with the change in music being so heavy hitting. And with the way I showed, 01:32:455 (1,1) - follows the same flow as 01:31:076 (1,1,1) - being a zigzag rather than a square. it's more predictable. yah sounds really nice, done

01:37:110 (3) - Is much stronger than 01:37:283 (1) - , so I'd swap NC's and make 01:37:110 (3) - where the change in flow comes in. The way you did it is rhythmically incorrect and it plays poorly because of that fact. i need it to be a triangle, thats the meaning of it (also i think that NC's are fine for now) but your point is really convincent, for now ill just keep it like this, but if people still suggesting it ill change

01:38:317 (3,1) - ^ same dealio
01:43:490 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - This is weird in that the superior vocal shift happens at 01:43:662 (2) - , and a new sound is introduced 01:43:835 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - . I think you should make 01:43:490 (1,2) - part of 01:42:110 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - , and make a new pattern with 01:43:835 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - , Much like you did 01:49:007 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - im not even trying to focus on vocals there

01:50:042 (1,2,3,4,1) - Curvy streams like this look bad imo. They don't add much with adding an eye soar and don't play any different. You make this feel more important than it is buy making it have a very special shape that's not needed. the shape is part of the emphasis, its true that the curves aren't not relevant at all, but i think that it fits with the part im trying to do there

01:58:662 - Add a note, 01:59:352 - here, 02:00:042 - here, 02:00:214 - here, 02:00:386 - here, and 02:00:559 - here. Gets rid of the break while emphasizing the VERY important vocal cry. Just try it out, I think it sounds fantastic rather than a boring break. everything is so boring for u zzz , i made 1 break and 1 mapped part of that , and it have its purpose so ill not ruin it

02:05:559 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - This pattern feels really weighted to the right and uneven. Make 02:05:559 (1,2) - the same shape as 02:05:904 (1,2) - , and 02:06:248 (1,2) - the same as 02:06:593 (1,2) - . I think it looks and plays better with the even climbing of the rhythm unlike what you have. You did it 02:16:593 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - . Same sound, different way of how you did it. done

02:19:869 (3,1) - These feel random and shoehorned in. In the rest of this section there is nothing like it, and you ignore (what should be) clickable strong rhythms on 02:20:214 - and 02:20:731 - . its one of my favs parts on the map plz i love it

02:31:421 (3) - The jagged section of this slider feels to short and crammed in there, so it makes it feel very uneven and top heavy. This is easily fixed by making the tail end curve more like THIS ok i guess

02:57:973 (1,2) - Same as before.
03:13:490 (2) - I think this plays better and gives more impact if its put over the head of 03:13:835 (1) - . Makes it so you go from a moving jump to a stunned stop and gap in time. Makes it feel better to play imo. sure

03:37:628 (5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - This looks really ugly. Make it more round and less unbalanced so it looks better and doesn't play stiff like how it does around 03:37:628 (5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5) - . it looks good imo

03:57:628 (5) - NC because of the dip in the stream along with consistency ok
05:02:110 (1,2) - Last time I'll mention it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
05:08:662 (3,4,5,6,1) - Inconsistency with how you structure this stream throughout the map. but i did literally the same 03:04:524 (3,4,5,6,1) -
05:18:662 (1) - Delete this note. I think it sounds better and gives a bigger impact if you map to the vocals. there's a vocald AAAND a really strong sound
05:40:731 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - This is 1/6, not 1/4. if i do 1/6 there it would be really uncomfortable to play, so im better undermapping 1 sec of the map to make the playability better, dont you think so?
06:25:904 (2) - Making this into a stream that ends on 06:26:248 - fits the rhythm better imo, and plays pretty cool. it doesn't

Some final overall thoughts
_______________________

I think all of the overlaps make it look unpolished and messy contrasting the song in a bad way. Also, you change flow in very weird places that feel random at times. You should change flow every strong beat to give more impact and to not make it feel like you're spinning your cursor in one direction like how your map feels for the vast majority of the play time. Everything in this map looks the same in aesthetics, note placement, and movement which make it boring to play. Inconsistencies in rhythm choice make it weird and not fun to play in areas with random changes.
Since all the overlaps have a purpose, i wont discuss about it... yeah there are some places that i change flow in a kinda weird way IN THE EDITOR, but it would be good if you take a bit of your time and play it , it really plays good and its not random at all, also i dont know how do you guys (in general) think, i do a map and everyone thinks its unconsistent, i make it consistent and now the whole map is that similar that is boring, i make a map that isnt consistent at all but with good feelings and people dont like so how is it :thinking: (maybe im exagerating but zzzzz) i never do random thinks even if you think so, everything i do i use my mind to do it LOL
Best of luck Thanks for your mod, i dont usually see mods where people explain why should i change things, so thanks :)



squirrelpascals wrote:
Screenshots are purely examples as to how a problem can be fixed oku :p

Lince
• You have very similar combo colors, including an unrankable white combo color (which you should replace with like a very light grey). You're going to have to cut the grey combo colors that you use to just like 2 or three, they should all be visually different o shit! fixed

00:24:524 (1,2) - 00:35:559 (1,2,3,4,1) - These two rhythms are different, yet mapped to the same vocal pattern. Make this consistent? done!

00:43:835 (2) - unsnapped lol yeah i realized it in the mod from before :(

00:54:438 (6,7) - 01:30:042 (3,4,5) - Make this more like a stream, like you did at 00:51:421 (5,6,7) - and 00:55:559 (3,4,5) - ? i dont get it at all, the last one is not even releated lol, ill keep it like that

00:58:317 - Make clickable? nope, it fits better as a long slider

01:36:593 - Make this clickable as well, it feels awkward starting the pattern at 01:36:766 - its fine already imo

01:56:938 (1) - I think you could provide more exaggeration to this note through spacing, the note is on a new group of guitar notes (the three notes that descend in pitch that are repeated) and there is a pretty strong snare there 01:56:938 (1,2) - but i already did that, just that if i space more the first one i could ruin the pattern D:

02:07:283 (2,3,4,5) - Shouldn't a stream be here? with a note at 02:07:542 - i think its fine like that tbh

02:12:110 (1) - This slow slider is uncalled for, just make it normal speed there's a sound that makes me want to lower it, should be low sv imo

02:14:352 (3,4) - This rhythm isn't that great here, because of the strong note on the sliderend at 02:14:697 - Make it two 1/2 sliders here to bring out that guitar? https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7665701 i really do feel that its perfect rhythm, maybe it depends on who's hearing it

02:15:904 (3,4,5,6,7) - This whole stream should start at 02:15:731 - , because the hi hats these should be mapped to stop at 02:16:076 - true, fixed

02:53:490 (1) - colorhax suggestion: make this a red slider? It would make the slider stand out to the player from 02:52:455 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - and tell them that the slider plays differently. Also, the same slider at 01:39:007 (1) - is also red how to do it lol, also its a really uncommon suggestion, i thought that it didnt even matter lol

03:02:628 (1,2,3,4) - Stream here? nop

03:49:697 (1,2,3,4) - Why are these overlapped? The stops in flow here feel forced in such an intense part of the song, I would switch the places of 2 and 3 i tried to separate them but it came to be big black v2 and i dont want that

03:57:628 (5) - This is the only time youve put a corner in the more intense part of this map starting from 03:49:007 - . I would remove it i had search other similar sound where to put another one but i couldn't find, actually it fits imo so ill not remove it

04:19:007 - Make clickable? too early

04:48:317 (1,2) - Make slider ends clickable here too? This seems like the intensity in the map reduces compared to 04:46:938 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - its part of the ending of the pattern so i dont want to make them clickable

04:55:214 (1,2,3,4) - This might sound like a dumb suggestion, but can you make this a lighter combo color? Both times I've playtested this map I forget that there is still rhythm to account for at this part of the map, so maybe a light combo color here will bring more attention to the player? idk lol wait how do you see map combo colours, actually i use default skin and i only see the default skin colours

05:48:317 (3,4) - Overap these? Or make that buzz slider end at 05:48:662 - The spacing makes it look like it plays similarly to 05:42:110 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - with the consistent 1/2 gap in between objects. Same for 05:59:352 (4,5) - nah

05:52:800 (6,7) - Account for the blue ticks that come after these notes somehow? Maybe kicksliders would be cool https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7665837 kicksliders are intense, i want it to be calm, never happened to you that you was in the ending of a map, slow part, and you fucked up with an unexpected slider that appeared from all the sudden?? it did to me, and i dont want to map things that i hate, so no

06:22:800 (2,1) - Space these more? no need xD


Solid map! good luck :) Thanks! good luck in your mapset as well

c:

Updated~
User avatar
Combo Commander
285 posts
Offline
No kudosu yet.
Lince wrote:
Since all the overlaps have a purpose, i wont discuss about it... yeah there are some places that i change flow in a kinda weird way IN THE EDITOR, but it would be good if you take a bit of your time and play it ,

I don't think it's fair to judge a map without playing it, which is why I did ;D
That's how I noticed the HP was low, and the flow was very one sided

Screenshot
Image
My 50k is showing
User avatar
Combo Commander
432 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
hi, from queue


general
  • background picture is very related to the song 10/10 xdddd (srsly pls change to something relevant)


Image lince's deceived

amazing map, have a star!
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
1,322 posts
Offline
No kudosu yet.
from my q, fast check


General
  • Tick out "Widescreen Support" and "Display epilepsy warning" please cuz your map has no sb.


Lince's Deceived

Good map.
GL~
This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
Reply 99 posts jump | 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  next

Users browsing this forum: None


Jump to: