forum

[invalid] make VR Players Official?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Tieren
so as you may know, on your Profile page, you can pick whether to be displayed as a mouse, keyboard, touch, or tablet user. so why not a new VR option? there are people now starting to play with VR and showing their plays on YouTube such as McKay... my only question is: should this be taken as a new, serious way of playing the Standard mode? please feel free to discuss!!!!
Kin
does everyone have a VR device ?
Topic Starter
Tieren

Kin wrote:

does everyone have a VR device ?
well no, but not everyone has a tablet or touchscreen either. and i think VR will rise in popularity as the years progress
Pachiru
The price of a touchscreen and a tablet isn't the same as a VR system, so I guess it's like asking to someone if he is playing on MAC OS X or Windows.
That could be good to see it, but since there is a few group of player that use this stuff, that will not be official actually... :(

+ I think that it's not the good place to post it here since it doesn't have any sense with Ranking Criteria o:
Sandy Hoey
That is for McOsu, is it not? I'm not too familiar with it. If it is, it is not actually part of osu! and should not be added as a play style (mouse, tablet, touchscreen).

This also sounds like a feature request (the addition of a selectable playstyle) and should have beeb placed in the appropriate forum. Don't bother though, for next time
Topic Starter
Tieren

Sandy Hoey wrote:

That is for McOsu, is it not? I'm not too familiar with it. If it is, it is not actually part of osu! and should not be added as a play style (mouse, tablet, touchscreen).

This also sounds like a feature request (the addition of a selectable playstyle) and should have beeb placed in the appropriate forum. Don't bother though, for next time

Pachiru wrote:

The price of a touchscreen and a tablet isn't the same as a VR system, so I guess it's like asking to someone if he is playing on MAC OS X or Windows.
That could be good to see it, but since there is a few group of player that use this stuff, that will not be official actually... :(

+ I think that it's not the good place to post it here since it doesn't have any sense with Ranking Criteria o:
Sorry, I'm totally new to forums and wasn't quite sure which category to post in. thanks for the future reference, though!
Stefan
Maybe the creator of McOsu will include leaderboards for McOsu in the future. Otherwise, since osu! itself doesn't support VR yet it makes no sense to have an own playstyle.