forum

How much time should I play each day to improve?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
edgelordweeb
I generally play a single one or two hour session each day but I don't feel like I'm really improving, in fact I've gotten worse, my peak was probably late 2016 and a little into January 2017 and right now I'm at my worst (p/5870032/ gonna shamelessly plug this other thread because it's kind of relevant to this). I just was wanting to know about how much time a day I should put to improve, I currently can play songs between 3-3.5 songs, a week ago I could play 3-3.95 songs, a couple months ago I could play 3-4.4 star songs to give you an idea of my skill level, other thread explains why i'm so bad right now in particular
7ambda
Until you don't feel like playing.
Deva
You should quit while you still can
Kyrari
Personally it takes me like 1.5 hour to even warmup and play normally, so anything below that really doesn't improve me at all. Try figuring out how long you take to warmup, play songs normally, and how long you can stay that good for.

HK_ wrote:

This is a good advice too before it's too late :o
kai99
Dude lol I'm in the same position tbh but I think I'll leave myself as is and try to play 2hrs a day. Hopefully that keeps me from going back to 0 and hopefully I get back to fcing 3.5* maps..
gooder101
Improvement goes slowly and some days you just might play like shit because we all are humans and being ideal is imposible.
Just play challenging maps and it will come eventually.
If you don't want to play quit or force yourself to play for sake of improving.
Beelz
You don't always have to sit down for 2 hours straight and force yourself to play. When I found myself doing this I tilted a lot and my result was little to no improvement. My routine now is 2 hours a day split into 30-minute sessions with breaks in between. If you like playing in one sitting that's fine too, but when you find yourself constantly retrying or upset not being able to FC anything take a break or play songs you enjoy to put yourself in a better mood.
Jukkii
i improve most when i play around 4-5 hours a day.
Fxjlk
Always play unless:

Your hands feel very sore

or

You don't feel like playing

There is no specific time you should play because this varies based on the players stamina

Playing more = more improvement

However its best if the playtime is spaced out so you have time to recover and your brain can process what you learned.
ManuelOsuPlayer

VanillaSandvich wrote:

Personally it takes me like 1.5 hour to even warmup and play normally, so anything below that really doesn't improve me at all. Try figuring out how long you take to warmup, play songs normally, and how long you can stay that good for.
When i wake up i need to play 1-2 hours to my hand stop shaking.
After 4 hours playing i start playing the best what i can. I keep playing like that by 30mins to 40mins. If i can fc a map will be at that moment. After that i can play at same level for 6-8 hours more. If i keep after that i don't know wtf I'm doing, so no idea If i play at same level or not.
Favi
Quit
N0thingSpecial
You shouldn't spend any time in this game tbh
Hiro-Senpai
There is one thing i do not understand in your post. You are telling us that at some point you could play maps up to 4.4 stars. The important question is. Where DFUQ are these maps on your top pp scores. Bcuz i dont see them you know.

Play more. You will not improve after playing 1-2 hrs. Improvement takes time. Practice makes perfect and in this case practice means playing the 4* maps
I Give Up
till you get bored or tired. do not bruteforce it, and dont just play because youre bored. its possible to improve on just 15min a day by having a healthy lifestyle just look at rolhulk's guns.
kai99
Man, thing is, I've seen OP's record of posts and he's been writing these kinds of threads since who knows when.
cmon..... Play moar. stop whining.
Nattsun

VanillaSandvich wrote:

HK_ wrote:

This is a good advice too before it's too late :o
I thought I'm the only one who is cursed :V If I hear friends saying they need 2 maps to warmup... :(

The answer for your question is not black or white, if I practice aim I could play 6 hours or more and wouldn't start underperforming, but if I try to get more stamina I warmup and play stream practice maps until my fingers hurt, which doesn't take as much time.

You have to find your own way to improve, copying others might help at first, but stick to your own thing. Apparently 1-2 hours ain't enough, play more, play diffrent maps, you name it.
Topic Starter
edgelordweeb

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

There is one thing i do not understand in your post. You are telling us that at some point you could play maps up to 4.4 stars. The important question is. Where DFUQ are these maps on your top pp scores. Bcuz i dont see them you know.

Play more. You will not improve after playing 1-2 hrs. Improvement takes time. Practice makes perfect and in this case practice means playing the 4* maps
They're not on my top pp scores because they're not very good plays, what I meant was that I could clear some of them, usually with a low B or a C accuracy and like 60 combo max
Topic Starter
edgelordweeb

kai99 wrote:

Man, thing is, I've seen OP's record of posts and he's been writing these kinds of threads since who knows when.
cmon..... Play moar. stop whining.
Yeah, I've posted a ton of these because I've had problems relatively frequently so I try to look through those for solutions and if I can't find any that are working for me I make a new thread to get new advice so I can try to fix the problem
Yukitemi
Run... run for your life, osu's gonna getcha and eat you. bOOooOoh
Just don't play for too long without breaks, or you gonna end like me with pain in your hand.
Hiro-Senpai

edgelordweeb wrote:

They're not on my top pp scores because they're not very good plays, what I meant was that I could clear some of them, usually with a low B or a C accuracy and like 60 combo max
The thing is that surving a map in most cases doesn't mean jackshit. So don't consider it as some kind of a feat.
IMO Being able to play a certain difficulty means that you are:
- able to hold a fairly high accuracy (at VERY least 96%+)
- being able to combine this kind of accuracy with above avarage combo on the map, for example 1/2 of the map.

Getting C's and B's and holding 60 combo means that you are far from being able to play the map and it
indicates that you should go back to easier maps and spend more time on practice with them.

Thats your anwser, play as much as you can and polish your skills at the same time by playing maps that are suitable for your rank and abilities
That will allow you to improve in a healthy way.
show more