159 posts jump | prev  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  next
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Whistle Blower
18 posts
I think you're all just upset you cant read EZ mod. There are people that can and enjoy it because they know not many people can.
Its a satisfying feeling knowing you can do something that the majority of players cannot. So removing EZ mod or changing EZ mod completely destroys this aspect.

Just leave it as it is but maybe change the name to something a little less misleading. :/
Rhythm Rookie
1 posts
I know this post is 4 years old but.
Just wanted to say this is a great idea.
Making Maps Harder to play should be rewarding.
Making maps easier to play should make them less rewarding.

Easy should increase / decrease PP and Score based on factors, maybe basing off of "if map AR = 7 or lower, INCREASE , if AR = 8 or higher, Decrease PP"
and the same for Doubletime. If a map is really slow and using doubletime can make the song easier, you shouldnt be rewarded for needing the extra assistance.
Combo Commander
411 posts
CustomMods wrote:
I know this post is 4 years old but.
Just wanted to say this is a great idea.
Making Maps Harder to play should be rewarding.
Making maps easier to play should make them less rewarding.

Easy should increase / decrease PP and Score based on factors, maybe basing off of "if map AR = 7 or lower, INCREASE , if AR = 8 or higher, Decrease PP"
and the same for Doubletime. If a map is really slow and using doubletime can make the song easier, you shouldnt be rewarded for needing the extra assistance.
There's a lot of misinformation in this post.

There already is an aim bonus to pp for AR<8 that scales with just how low AR is. It's not influenced by other factors and likely won't be for quite a while, but it's there. Mod bonus for score, which has a static multiplier, absolutely must be < 1 for EZ mod because it halves the OD and CS (and HP but that's not important). There are a lot of maps that do become much easier with EZ even without much experience or skill with the mod.

DT can make a song easier for some specific player, but in order for that to be the case, that player must have the physical and mental skills necessary to play the more physically difficult 1.5x speed version of the map. If you take a player who can just barely pass a map nomod, the DT version most certainly will not be easier for that person. The fact that someone may find the DT version of a map easier reflects the fact that finger control and AR6/7/8 reading are skills that people don't bother with anymore. Buffing those skills a bit in pp would probably be a good idea, but if you buff them to the point where playing a map with DT gives you LESS pp than playing it nomod, you've gone waaaaaaaaay too far.
Cymbal Sounder
30 posts
I agree to this thread
Rhythm Incarnate
12,613 posts
Actually, asukan is right
Many people complain about EZ mod, because they can't play it them selves
Other people call EZ players bad cause they only read low AR
I HATE that. I'm an EZ player myself and people talk bad about it
I like it, as it creates difficulties
It's only a problem the score/pp gets lowered
Beat Clicker
70 posts
baraatje123 wrote:

Just as the OP stated, Easy mod does the complete opposite of what it says.
Besides, it probably wasn't peppy's intention to target players such as you, who seek difficulty, but instead was made to help new players get into the game.
The purpose of this thread is to try and fix this contradiction.
Combo Commander
411 posts
Nabile wrote:
baraatje123 wrote:

Just as the OP stated, Easy mod does the complete opposite of what it says.
Besides, it probably wasn't peppy's intention to target players such as you, who seek difficulty, but instead was made to help new players get into the game.
The purpose of this thread is to try and fix this contradiction.
Every ranked map that's less than 5 minutes long has to have at least an easy or a normal diff. Diffs specifically designed to be easy are made to help new players get into the game, not EZ mod (and EZ mod barely changes those diffs at all). EZ is simply another mod that you can turn on to make a map play differently and that's exactly what it does. Yeah, it's not named very well because without practice it just makes most maps harder. How about instead of using a bad name to justify taking away a mod that a lot of players enjoy playing and spend hours and hours practicing and that some very skilled players can set some very impressive scores with, we change its name? Or, better yet, how about we just leave it as is! I like this plan.
Last edited by Oinari-sama on , edited 1 time in total.
removed unnecessary comments
Cymbal Sounder
33 posts
Tough I'm not a "new" player, my rank is very low if you ask me. I was able to usually pass AR7 for a good while, then 7.5; and I was increasing by increments of 0.5 for awhile (from like AR5). But now, AR9 seems to be easier than AR8. Even for a "new" player like me.

I'll agree, I always complained that Easy mode is harder because of the stupid overlaps and the circles are gigantic. I wanted to use "easy" as like a practice map, y'know for like seeing how it's actually played; but since I tried it like twice I reverted to HT for that.

And for the other things you named, I haven't failed a map on Easy because the only ones I've used it on are insanes; so I just quit when I can barely tell where you start with all the overlaps. But if I had any stars I'd use them here.
osu! Alumni
2,814 posts
Seeing that there's been very little usable ideas as opposed to negative energy in the past few days, I'm locking this up temporarily. Take time to cool of your heads and refocus on how to improve EZ mod.

The topic is still valid and will be revived later. Feel free to read through what's been posted since page 1 and see if you can come up with something better.

EDIT:

Alright, let's try again :D

PLEASE focus on how to improve the mod (actionables) and save the "x is right, y is wrong" debate for General Discussions forum. If you don't like the idea, don't bump the thread! It gives the thread attention instead.

If you need to quote someone's post, make sure that your reply contains actionables instead of just debates. Quoting gives tunnel visions and can make you forget why you're here in the first place.
Whistle Blower
22 posts
Actionables correct?

Tbh, i only used easy mods on specific modes like taiko no tatsujin and Catch the beat modes on maps like higan kikou and AugoEidEs. on Catch the beat, it does create lots of chokepoints of concentrated hell that is pretty much unfollowable due to sensory overload. same in taiko w/o DT

i propose, exchanging easy for a special mode that allows you to change the params of a song freely. so, its pretty much the same as what other's said. Its gonna be unranked of course, unless using the pre-existing options for easy ( the halved everything one for simplicity, or every beatmap could have its own official 'easy' options that are pre-set by the creator or the masses ). about the pre existing score , leave them alone. score multiplier is the same in this way ( for the pre existing options) which is 0.5. any other modifications to the paramaters will be given a 0 in multiplier a.k.a unranked. name of the revamped mod could be "easy" or some other names
Rhythm Incarnate
12,613 posts
That has been requested before in an other thread
Beat Clicker
60 posts
I believe easy mod shouldn't change.
Firstly AR doesn't affect how difficult a map is. It only effects how long the hitcircles last on the screen(basically if you can read it) and players who play and read EZ mod most likely find it easier for them because of how they can read low AR (don't take that as a fact since i can't read low AR) and benefit from the other stuff. That is stuff is lower OD, larger circles, more forgiving HP drain and lower AR. Which all make the star rating lower and easier (doesnt mean it will literally be easier for the player , and AR affects star rating by 0.01 usually on a sidenote).

I just wanted to get my opinion on the EZ mod out there.

Although i wish i with Global Ranking(Selected Mods) could actually see the replays but if i think realistically that wont happen because it will be too difficult to implement and i believe it only effects supporters.
Combo Commander
334 posts
Don't remove the EZ Mod :<

I find it really fun to play extremely fast maps with it because it makes you think of multiple things:

1) Rhythm
2) Memorization

Rhythm because you don't focus on the notes coming at you one by one. You focus on them all in your face, so you rely on ears and stuff.
Memorization because all these notes are on the screen you have to memorize the patterns so you can actually do jumps etc.

So I am actually for making EZ mod a 1+ point multiplier mod.

As for "nobody using the mod" I think -GN, or SapphireGhost could say otherwise. It's an extremely FUN mod to use... I just wish we could get some more recognition for it!

That's all!
Combo Commander
324 posts
What do you think about something like this:

Clicking [Easy] could make a little tooltip appear above it. There would be 4 icons in it, one per each of: CS, AR, OD and HP (and 5-th one for 3-lifes?). You could just toggle it on/off, in other words - choose which attribute do you want to decrease.

And in case of AR, we could make it double-clickable, like DT/NC. First click would be for simple decrease (like -1/-2), depending on the map's AR, the second one would be for "the old good x0.5".

This way, a current [Easy] would just be the Easy with toggled everything ON and no matter how much things you toggle, it would always give you x0.5 points (sometimes we need only HP/AR, so decreasing multi penalty for less attributes would be too OP, I would keep multiplier as it is)(the 3 lifes can be discussable though).

No matter how much things you toggled ON, it would be just marked as an EZ, so there is no need to delete old scores or anything like that. We would have just added possibility for a little modification of Easy, but people could both play the old way and the new = choose what to decrease.

What to you think about this idea?
Combo Commander
411 posts
Reply 159 posts jump | prev  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  next