forum

OT Bingo 2 [OVER; Winner: Meah]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
abraker
OT Bingo is back this season with a twist!

Introducing OT Bingo 2: EZ FL RD

In this game of OT Bingo, the EZ mod is applied to make the board 6x6 instead of the typical bingo standard of 5x5. There is no free box and you can only win by getting 6 boxes in a row vertically or horizontally. The FL mod is applied which makes all of the boxes are hidden and you need to unlock them by doing whatever action they contain. Finally the RD mod makes it so that every confirmed player will have a randomized bingo board generated for them using AbleBits for Google Spreadsheets.

There are two options for how you may receive the updates of which boxed you have unlocked:
  1. I PM you a screenshot of the chart every time I update it
  2. I PM you a link to the spreadsheet of the chart that I update
Expect updates to the boards to happen at around 36-48 hour intervals

Below you will find a player scoreboard. This shows how many boxes each of the players have unlocked so far. Do what you want with that information, but I have a feeling these numbers have a strategic element to them.

In order to win you must be the first to unlock 6 boxes in a row in the vertical or horizontal direction. Diagonal does not count.
In order to unlock boxes you must do the action the box contains. What action it might be is for you to figure out.
Actions can range from posting something specific, making a specific thread, or your thread achieving something

Only threads in the OT forum count and non of its subforums. No threads made before the date of this post will be counted towards this game. Only threads and posts made after you are \in count towards the game. By receiving a silence for any forum related activity, you forfeit the game.

You are welcome to join at any time the game is ongoing! Comment "\in" below if you want to play and tell how you want to be notified of the boxes you unlock. The game starts as soon as you receive your chart.

And good luck to all who are playing!

Scoreboard:
levesterz        20
Railey2 8
Aomi 4
Tae 11
ColdTooth 17
Meah 23
Allmynamestaken 19
Endaris 13
kai99 23
Blitzfrog 26
Fourth 8
FrozenMilkshake 6
Raging Bull 4
johnmedina999 14
johnmedina999
Blitzfrog-tier flooding, here we come.
levesterz
Will do it in few hour ( when i am on pv)
Railey2
my thread should count, pls

i am in
Aomi
/in
Tae

Railey2 wrote:

my thread should count, pls

i am in
nothing made before it starts counts though

/in, I guess
ColdTooth
/in
Topic Starter
abraker
A reminder to specify how you want to be updated of the boxes you unlock. I will default to sending PMs of the the spreadsheet links unless said otherwise
levesterz
Ops forgot to /in
Topic Starter
abraker
Everybody who is /in so far should have gotten a link to their Bingo chart. Tell me if you can't access your Bingo chart so I can fix access rights. Good luck!
Meah
lemme in
Railey2
abraker maybe you should explain the rules again, for people that are new
Meah
spamming post just to trigger something
Railey2

Meah wrote:

i think it has to be in your own thread
Meah

Railey2 wrote:

Meah wrote:

Prolly, but hidden right now. Maybe can be trigger by something else?
my bad, own thread
Rwyta
/in

uhh, how do I play bingo again besides typing in and wait for my board?
Topic Starter
abraker

Railey2 wrote:

Meah wrote:

No, it can be anybody's thread. Only actions specific to your thread need to be in your thread. For example, "Railyey2 posts in your thread" is an action specific to the thread you make. And no, that's not a real action in this game.

I'll clarify that in the rules when I get to my computer.

Railey2 wrote:

abraker maybe you should explain the rules again, for people that are new
Ok, will do
Topic Starter
abraker
Also because I just now I realize what a pain it will be, I am thinking to change the rule regarding when your threads and posts will count. The new rule will make your threads and posts count only if they are only made after the time you joined the game. Reason for this is that I find it unrealistic to go back through all the threads and see what actions satisfy the boxes for a player who joins, say, 3 weeks from now if there is no winner.

To keep things somewhat fair, players who have unlocked boxes for actions counted before they were confirmed in will no longer have those counted. They will still know what action triggers the boxes they would loose, but it might allow others to pick up on what they might be if they go for it too soon.

Are you guys ok with this?
Railey2
sure
Topic Starter
abraker
Edited rules and added new gameplay information.

Changelog:
  1. Added:
    • In order to win you must be the first to unlock 6 boxes in a row in the vertical or horizantal direction. Diagonal does not count.
      In order to unlock boxes you must do the action the box contains. What action it might be is for you to figure out.
      Actions can range from posting something specific, making a specific thread, or your thread achieving something
  2. Changed:
    • You must be \in for your posts and threads to count -> Only threads and posts made after you are \in count towards the game
  3. Added:
    • The game starts as soon as you recieve your chart.
show more