forum

[resolved] Can't find the name of Intel ICD OpenGL driver

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Evil of Flame
Problem Details:

I don't know how to solve this problem, when I turn on my Osu, this thing pops up "Can't find the name of Intel ICD OpenGL driver", I searched up online, but I still don't know how.

Can someone give me a simple explanation of what should I do?

osu! version: 20170103.2
Dntm8kmeeatu
Do you have a Dedicated GPU or only Integrated?
Topic Starter
Evil of Flame
I thin I have an integrated GPU, which's Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
Dntm8kmeeatu
This is only a Temporary workaround.

Go into your osu!.PCNAME.cfg file and change Fullscreen from 1 to 0. Save, and then relaunch osu!

Playing without fullscreen is normally not recommended due to how Windows forces DWM buffering and creates a feeling of input delay.

If you are 7 or Vista, you can disable this by disabling the Windows Aero theme. It's completely forced on 8 and 10 and cannot be disabled.
Topic Starter
Evil of Flame
Thank you, that worked!!!

I can finally play osu again now

Thank you so much
Doctor321
so i can only play without fullscreen ? I'm afraid it will delay a lot
Topic Starter
Evil of Flame
No, somehow it's still full screen when I played it.
Dntm8kmeeatu

Doctor321 wrote:

so i can only play without fullscreen ? I'm afraid it will delay a lot
Basically. Try Letterboxing. I'm not sure if that causes the same issue.

Evil of Flame wrote:

No, somehow it's still full screen when I played it.
Probably Fullscreen (Borderless) which isn't true fullscreen and still effected by DWM Buffering
kurozuu
I don't know if this will work for you or not, but for me it work perfectly fine.

Go to where you locate your osu! game file, then you will see two .cfg file one is 'osu!.cfg' another one is 'osu!.(your PC name).cfg'. Click on the 'osu!.(your PC name).cfg open it with notepad. Next click 'Edit' on the top then click 'Find...' type in 'CompatibilityContext' then click find next after that you will see 'CompatibilityContext 1' change it to 0 then click 'save'.

then I start the game and it run perfectly fine :)

Hope this help you
(sorry for my bad English xD)
Eni

kurozuu wrote:

I don't know if this will work for you or not, but for me it work perfectly fine.

Go to where you locate your osu! game file, then you will see two .cfg file one is 'osu!.cfg' another one is 'osu!.(your PC name).cfg'. Click on the 'osu!.(your PC name).cfg open it with notepad. Next click 'Edit' on the top then click 'Find...' type in 'CompatibilityContext' then click find next after that you will see 'CompatibilityContext 1' change it to 0 then click 'save'.

then I start the game and it run perfectly fine :)

Hope this help you
(sorry for my bad English xD)
Worked for me, thanks!
Topic Starter
Evil of Flame
Thanks for all of the helps you guys give me, my osu is working now. Thanks.
sebi337
I tried doing this but it is still broken. Can anyone help?
7ambda

sebi337 wrote:

I tried doing this but it is still broken. Can anyone help?
Uninstall and reinstall the driver.
AzilSama

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Go into your osu!.PCNAME.cfg file and change Fullscreen from 1 to 0. Save, and then relaunch osu!

Playing without fullscreen is normally not recommended due to how Windows forces DWM buffering and creates a feeling of input delay.

If you are 7 or Vista, you can disable this by disabling the Windows Aero theme. It's completely forced on 8 and 10 and cannot be disabled.

Not Working For Me Tho
Death

AzilSama wrote:

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Not Working For Me Tho
This thread is 2 years old. Please look at the date before posting.

If you are using Intel's new DCH drivers, that might be why you are having issues. A few people seem to be experiencing the same thing, and I also found people experiencing this issue on other games.