forum

[duplicate] [invalid] Offline/Practice mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Tanomoshii Nekojou
I think adding a feature where in you can toggle from 'Online' and 'Offline/Practice mode' would be good but still your account is 'technically logged-in' on the game...

Things that I may suggest disabled while on this mode are:
> Gameplay submission
> Multiplayer
> osu! updater (just showing 'Sorry, please turn off Offline/Practice mode first!')

But still the rest are still active like:
> Chat room (except #lobby... maybe?)
> Toggle from Local and Global Rankboard
> osu!supporter in-game features (like: osu!direct, custom BG on the mainscreen, special rankboard listings, etc...)

I don't know if 'Offline mode' or 'Practice mode' is the good name bec technically this is a good time for practicing without worrying anything submitted as an official gameplay... :3
If you may also add an 'Offline mode' status then it would be also great :D

Possible questions someone might ask:
Why not turn off your internet connection?
> Maybe, but Things that are still active while on Offline mode are what I wanna see while making sure a player is just on practice mode...

Hopefully someone can see this helpful and worth adding as a feature to osu!. :)
EDIT: I think 'Practice mode' has already been used to some of the feature requests... I read them and I think mine is completely different.. :D
Caput Mortuum
t/524548/start=0

edit:
I see you edited it.
Unfortunately, it is the same. You wanted a mode where you can play without submitting scores, but still be able to interact with people.
Topic Starter
Tanomoshii Nekojou

Eraser wrote:

Unfortunately, it is the same. You wanted a mode where you can play without submitting scores, but still be able to interact with people.
But why was peppy against about it? :o :o :o
Caput Mortuum
Who knows. Maybe to encourage online plays and not displaying fake numbers on profiles.
o x

Tanomoshii Nekojou wrote:

Eraser wrote:

But why was peppy against about it? :o :o :o
If you don't want to submit scores play offline. If you don't want to fail use no fail.
Axel
Just go offline.. Or use Spin Out mod.
Topic Starter
Tanomoshii Nekojou

Cawub wrote:

If you don't want to submit scores play offline. If you don't want to fail use no fail.

Axel wrote:

Just go offline.. Or use Spin Out mod.
But that's exactly the point why this request was made... Some features that are available when online (like chat, rankboard, etc...) are useful and good things for practice... :( :(
o x
I don't see how it's good for practice at all.. what helps? Leaderboards are useless, you are practicing meaning why would you go for top 50 spots or even wanting to see the ranks? If you want to see chat just use IRC, or just use an unranked mod like scorev2. And why wouldn't you want to submit a score?there is so reason not to submit a score other than you don't want to. And just because you don't want to submit a score doesn't mean there should be a special mode just for you.

When making a request keep in mind it should benefit everyone, and last time I checked I didn't see anyone playing offline or not trying to submit scores.
Nathanael

peppy wrote:

I wish there was no test mode. I wish offline/unranked play was impossible. Therefore I'm not going to make it any more possible. Take it as your will; I'm not budging.
p/377077

Unranked mod/practice mod/offline mod are likely the same.
Reikonfox

Winter3244 wrote:

I don't see how it's good for practice at all.. what helps? Leaderboards are useless, you are practicing meaning why would you go for top 50 spots or even wanting to see the ranks? If you want to see chat just use IRC, or just use an unranked mod like scorev2. And why wouldn't you want to submit a score?there is so reason not to submit a score other than you don't want to. And just because you don't want to submit a score doesn't mean there should be a special mode just for you.

When making a request keep in mind it should benefit everyone, and last time I checked I didn't see anyone playing offline or not trying to submit scores.
To be honest, it wouldn't be just for him, but for everyone. Maybe there are few players that don't care at all making the game more comfortable and just say things like "Log out"/"Just play offline".

Many players care for their ranks and if they practise, they derust, they loose ranks and pp since their plays are worse. Of course you could say "It's normal. Just don't care about your rank", but not everyone can do that.

So a seperate mode to derust to then go into ranked again and test your skill is a good idea for lots of players complaining they're loosing ranks, got worse and lost all their progress.
JBHyperion
Nice 5 year necro, my dude.