forum

Multiple images for section passes.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +21
Topic Starter
Booze
There exists section-pass.png and section-fail.png, and section-pass appears if you passed the section of the map very well and section-fail appears if you passed the section of the map very badly.

I think it would be better if we would grade section passes on your current map rank.

What does this mean?

It means that if you had an SS when you passed that section, the skin could have an image called section-SS.png and it would show that.
And if you would have an A when you passed that section, the skin could have an image called section-A.png and it would show that image.
You should get the idea.

So this request in a nutshell: Replace section-fail.png and section-pass.png with section-SS.png, section-S.png, section-A.png, section-B.png, section-C.png and section D.png

Edit: Maybe you could also have section-SS.mp3, etc to have an image and sound that fits each other when you play, like Pippi showing thumbs up in the image and saying "Nice SS!" or something like that in the mp3.
-glug-
This sounds like a cool idea.
support <3
Nitrous
can't seem to find dupes. I'm in with this.
Also I'd prefer to call the image files as "section-pass-SS.png" and "section-pass-SS.wav" respectively.
Topic Starter
Booze

-Nitrous wrote:

can't seem to find dupes. I'm in with this.
Also I'd prefer to call the image files as "section-pass-SS.png" and "section-pass-SS.wav" respectively.
Calling them "section-pass-SS.png" and "section-pass-SS.wav" would be better in my opinion too.
WingSilent
I'm okay with this. :)
Spooked82
is there a way to put multiple pictures into the section-pass?
i tried renaming them to second-pass@2x (second-pass@3x, second-pass@4x, etc...) but it always picks section-pass@2x over all the other pictures.
i tried labeling them all section-pass@2x but it wouldnt let me have multiple of the same name.
Can anyone help me?
THAT_otaku
As far as I'm aware you can only have one section pass/fail image at a time. @2x at the end of the file name just means that its meant for a higher osu resolution, changing the number will not do anything/is incorrect naming meaning the file will not be used at all.
wiki/en/Skinning/Interface#playfield

Please don't respond to 4 year old posts in the future. Ask skinning related questions in the main skinning forum:
community/forums/15
Zelzatter Zero

Spooked82 wrote:

is there a way to put multiple pictures into the section-pass?
Next time. try to look at there the thread is. It isn't in Featured Request for nothing: it isn't featured yet.
abraker

THAT_otaku wrote:

Please don't respond to 4 year old posts in the future. Ask skinning related questions in the main skinning forum:
community/forums/15
fyi feature requests can be necro'd if it's to give thoughts about the feature being requested

Spooked82 wrote:

Can anyone help me?
ask here: community/forums/15