forum

Switching CS AR OD HP ingame

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
Backaround
Ex.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euH5dJ568Z0

Don't mind the combo change, just focus on the gameplay
Sandy Hoey
Are you talking about canging those while in the middle of a map. I would say no to that. But this is a request that is also about being able to customize cs/ar/od/hp
t/141204?hilit=Modify+cs%2Far
Topic Starter
Backaround

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Are you talking about canging those while in the middle of a map. I would say no to that. But this is a request that is also about being able to customize cs/ar/od/hp
t/141204?hilit=Modify+cs%2Far
Can you state the reason why is it no? Would appreciate :D
Caput Mortuum
1. How to change it?
2. How it would affect score?
3. You wouldn't have enough time to actually change it in the middle of the map.
4. The request that is linked by Sandy Hoey have so many controversies, I don't think this will ever come before the other one is implemented.
5. About to die? No worries, change to hp 0.
6. AR are set for certain purpose. As long as the mapper still have the control over this, changing the ar yourself shouldn't be possible without punishment.
KingBranBran
I think what he/she is trying to say is that while you are mapping, you can change the cs/ar/od/hp in game so when you play it, the same map could have a different cs/ar/od/hp at different times.
Topic Starter
Backaround
Yes, I know it's kinda "unfair" but we can always change the rules on how to qualify a beatmap.

edit:
1. How to change it?
2. How it would affect score?
3. You wouldn't have enough time to actually change it in the middle of the map.
4. The request that is linked by Sandy Hoey have so many controversies, I don't think this will ever come before the other one is implemented.
5. About to die? No worries, change to hp 0.
6. AR are set for certain purpose. As long as the mapper still have the control over this, changing the ar yourself shouldn't be possible without punishment.

Answers:
1. The one who made the beatmap can change it whatever they want
2. It wouldn't actually because you're only changing the statistics of the beatmap
3. That's not the case here, I just implemented this for it's satisfactory "feeling"
4. Dreams don't work unless you do
5. Not my fault
6. That's the point. Changing AR would totally benefit on most of the songs, as I have provided the example.
Caput Mortuum
1. What? Then it's not "Switching CS AR OD HP ingame". It's "Setting multiple CS AR OD HP in a map".
2. "Only". cs10 and cs1 is very different, thus should receive different score upon change.
3. Then it's extremely unnecessary.
5. Not your fault, but if nobody provide solution for this abuse, I don't think this feature will ever come.
6. Read again. I said: "No, as long as I can choose the AR for my map, you DON'T get to choose the AR. You play with the AR I'VE chosen for you."
Topic Starter
Backaround

Eraser wrote:

1. What? Then it's not "Switching CS AR OD HP ingame". It's "Setting multiple CS AR OD HP in a map".
2. "Only". cs10 and cs1 is very different, thus should receive different score upon change.
3. Then it's extremely unnecessary.
5. Not your fault, but if nobody provide solution for this abuse, I don't think this feature will ever come.
6. Read again. I said: "No, as long as I can choose the AR for my map, you DON'T get to choose the AR. You play with the AR I'VE chosen for you."
1. You contradict way too much
2. Okay
3. "unnecessary"
4. Ever heard of checking it?
5. Yeah, the only ones who have to choose is the one who made the beatmap itself. And I never stated that "PLAYERS can change it"

edit:
I'm right, even if you change the CS 10 to CS 1 it still wouldn't change score.
Would gladly post the proof but too lazy arguing with your contradictions
Caput Mortuum
Contradict, like what? You are saying "Switching CS AR OD HP ingame", every normal person would think you mean that you requested a feature where you, the player, can change the stats yourself in the middle of a map, while playing.

If you want a feature where the mapper, or the beatmap creator, can choose certain AR for certain section, then the request should be something like "Setting multiple stats in a map".

And, if your request is made just to make you satisfied, it is unnecessary. Provide a reason on how this would benefit many people in osu.
Topic Starter
Backaround

Eraser wrote:

Contradict, like what? You are saying "Switching CS AR OD HP ingame", every normal person would think you mean that you requested a feature where you, the player, can change the stats yourself in the middle of a map, while playing.

If you want a feature where the mapper, or the beatmap creator, can choose certain AR for certain section, then the request should be something like "Setting multiple stats in a map".

And, if your request is made just to make you satisfied, it is unnecessary. Provide a reason on how this would benefit many people in osu.
Not only for me, but for others. No need bold statements to shout your idea on it, thanks anyways.

edit:
Also you haven't read properly on what I typed. "every normal person would think you mean that you requested a feature where you, the player, can change the stats yourself in the middle of a map, while playing."

I never said that.

"If you want a feature where the mapper, or the beatmap creator, can choose certain AR for certain section, then the request should be something like "Setting multiple stats in a map""

Yeah, it's just the same. But you're having a wrong idea about on my Feature Request.

"And, if your request is made just to make you satisfied, it is unnecessary. Provide a reason on how this would benefit many people in osu."
Didn't I just said that "That's not the case here, I just implemented this for it's satisfactory "feeling"".

I implemented and others might want it too. And this would benefit because it's a Rhythm game.
Caput Mortuum
sigh, not even a counter. whatever
Sandy Hoey
Yeah, it's just the same. But you're having a wrong idea about on my Feature Request.
Then what is the right idea? We cant add it or decline the request, or even discuss it if we have no idea what you actually mean
Caput Mortuum
If that's the case, then please edit your first post and change the title so people won't get the wrong idea anymore?

and "I want this! Maybe others want it too?" is not a proper reason to change how the game plays. You could've said AR 10 maybe fit in fast sections, but it's really out of place in slow sections, but you didn't say that.
Topic Starter
Backaround

Eraser wrote:

If that's the case, then please edit your first post and change the title so people won't get the wrong idea anymore?

and "I want this! Maybe others want it too?" is not a proper reason to change how the game plays. You could've said AR 10 maybe fit in fast sections, but it's really out of place in slow sections, but you didn't say that.
Sure thing, sorry about that. Hehe
Protagonists
I think it more interesting and fairly if you got to change the value of Mod you will use, then it will give you notification you need to restart to affect the mod score, similar like you change enable video/storyboard to disable it in your gameplay

But it look like there will be consequence similar like you change 7key osu!mania into 4key, there will be cut off the score even it set into higher difficulty, due osu!mania first implementing it, dunno what they think why is higher difficulties cut off the score
abraker
I say implement this with current scoring method and unranked. The details on how to score this can be decided after the fact.

Reason: This is a very good idea in terms of letting loose on beatmap creativity, but from a playability point of view this is far too different and has many unknowns. It will be better to ignore playability and let creativity reign loose until the dust settles and we can talk about how to apply this from a playability standpoint. You won't know what you lost until you loose it, and I bet all my pp that, once implemented, players won't realize how much they want this until it's taken out of the game.

Edit: Perhaps treat it as a separate gamemode, or a sub-gamemode for that matter. See my sub-gamemode suggestion here

Also HP changing midgame is dumb. Let that be not a thing. Refer to this feature request instead for upping difficulty based on play or this for adjusting difficulty generally.
Caput Mortuum

Protagonists wrote:

I think it more interesting and fairly if you got to change the value of Mod you will use, then it will give you notification you need to restart to affect the mod score, similar like you change enable video/storyboard to disable it in your gameplay

But it look like there will be consequence similar like you change 7key osu!mania into 4key, there will be cut off the score even it set into higher difficulty, due osu!mania first implementing it, dunno what they think why is higher difficulties cut off the score
Every key is treated as a different game mode, thus should not be available in this feature.