forum

[Archived] Input lag (even on full-screen)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
John Doe
Hi everybody,

I am dealing with my input lag since nearly one year now. I tried everything out that i could find to get a solution, but without any positive results.

Definition:

If i move the curser with my tablet, my movement is delayed. I can follow up slow jumps and streams, but when it comes to faster movement, it is nearly impossible for me to follow up and i just miss everything (playing dt or high bpm maps is impossible atm).

What i tried to solve my problem:

- Fix my pen
- New tablet
- Changing tablet drivers
- Changing osu! settings (raw input, force tablet compatibility, letterboxing, compatibility mode and so on...)
- Disable game-dvr, windows ink, windows freehand (i don't even remlember everything, sorry)
- Changing my osu! version

Current Hardware:

Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster P2270HD
Tablet: Gaomon s56k
Processor: HexaCore AMD Phenom II X6 Black Eddition 1100T
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060
Mainboard: Asrock 880g pro3
16GB RAM

My Tablet is connected with my pc over a USB 3.0 port, my monitor is connected over a dvi whire directly with my graphics card.

I just do not have any idea what i should try out next. I really need help, otherwhise i can only quit osu std because playing like that is not possible for me.
o x
Make sure your tablet drivers are up to date, make sure raw input is disabled, you can try using a lower resolution for osu! (Toggle fullscreen and letterboxing so it doesn't stretch)
Does the delay happen only in osu! or also outside of it?
Topic Starter
John Doe

Cawub wrote:

Make sure your tablet drivers are up to date, make sure raw input is disabled, you can try using a lower resolution for osu! (Toggle fullscreen and letterboxing so it doesn't stretch)
Does the delay happen only in osu! or also outside of it?
- Tried disabling raw input (no result)
- Tried letterboxing with and without changing the resulution (no result)
- Tried the newest and different drivers (no result)

I think the delay is global (also when i am not ingame) but i have no idea why.

I tried different USB ports which changed nothing, so it is not a brocken port. Also i tried multible different tablets which also did not change anything.
Kao
Have you tried playing with your nvdia gpu and not your integrated graphics (or vice versa)?
Go to the Nvidia control panel and make a custom profile for osu! And make it run with the GPU.
Make sure also you're playing with Unlimited (Gameplay)

You can also try taping down the tip of the pen as this fixes input lag in some tablets
Topic Starter
John Doe
IT IS THE FREAKIN PEN TIP

Can i deactivate the pressure thing of my tablet somehow?
Upskirt
Redacted
Kovo

LordTimeWaste wrote:

IT IS THE FREAKIN PEN TIP

Can i deactivate the pressure thing of my tablet somehow?
As a CTL-490 user, I can relate. As far as the entire community can tell, taping down the pen nib so it's always "clicking" is the only current fix to eliminating input lag for hover players. Note that if you're a drag player this probably isn't what's causing your lag.
Kao
You can't disable the pressure really, unless the driver has a setting for it
Mouse mode is what I can think but that's for Wacom and probably not what you're looking for.
o x
Most you can do is have a mouse to navigate the menus and play with your tablet, make sure to disable mouse buttons in game.
Upskirt

Cawub wrote:

Most you can do is have a mouse to navigate the menus and play with your tablet, make sure to disable mouse buttons in game.
Press F11
Dntm8kmeeatu

Venzire wrote:

Cawub wrote:

Press F11
F10
Upskirt
Upload your DXDiag and a screenshot of your processes list in task manager if the problem persists.

Processes are under "Details" in Windows 10.

There may be services or programs running in the background that are causing delay. Is it only in osu and is it only with your tablet?