This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
Rhythm Incarnate
658 posts
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on vrijdag 10 november 2017 at 20:20:35

Artist: Release hallucination
Title: Chronostasis
Tags: M3-38 symphonic metal marathon emi gothic kaorin
BPM: 200
Filesize: 11318kb
Play Time: 06:18
Difficulties Available:

Download: Release hallucination - Chronostasis
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Simple diff based on continuous movement; easier, straightforward patterns and vocals. Enjoy this amazing song!
http://releasehallucination.com/
check out their entire album! https://releasehallucination.bandcamp.c ... ronostasis
Redl 11/8 metadata fix
Huge thanks to all modders!

mindmaster107
_orange
Wanko
FoxFiire
Catshy
LMT
Ultima Fox
AJamez
Naidaaka
newton-
DeRandom Otaku
Itasha_S13 +6 stars!
Cerulean Veyron Image
Lasse Image
Last edited by Wishkey on , edited 344 times in total.
Rhythm Incarnate
1,081 posts
No kudosu yet.
originally i want to get free mod from ur queue with better mp3 but for app or ranked your audio must be 128-192kbps
so 256kbps is not possible
also i don't think there is a version which mainly focus on vocals, who knows
Rhythm Incarnate
658 posts
Yeah not going for ranked thats why I wanted highest quality possible :d
the current file converted in the map just kinda lacks a bit in the vocal part which is kinda the highpoint in the chorus so a bit of shame with the current mp3 but I can't find any higher either unfortunatly, so if someone finds a 320kbps one that generally has stronger vocals compared to instruments that'd be awesome
Rhythm Incarnate
1,081 posts
No kudosu yet.
Wishkey wrote:
the current file converted in the map just kinda lacks a bit in the vocal part which is kinda the highpoint in the chorus so a bit of shame with the current mp3 but I can't find any higher either unfortunatly, so if someone finds a 320kbps one that generally has stronger vocals compared to instruments that'd be awesome

convert into 320 kbps is easy but putting the vocals to be stronger is hard
Rhythm Incarnate
658 posts
CookieBite wrote:
Wishkey wrote:

convert into 320 kbps is easy but putting the vocals to be stronger is hard

yep tried something made it less clean even with heavy filtering so prob just gonna stick to another 256kbps I found, seems to be the highest out there unfortunatly
Rhythm Incarnate
658 posts
Let's give this a shot and see if it goes somewhere
Combo Commander
277 posts
Earned 1 kudosu.
Here for M4M!
My map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/677022

Illusions
The map is pretty decent, but still has some flaws. :P
Apart from the bitrate problem cookiebite mentioned earlier, there are a few other issues with the map.

Visual patterns have no clear connection. Good visuals can allow the player to see the music on screen, where repeated phrases in the song are reflected not only by similar/same rhythm choice, but similar/same visual patterns.

Spacing feels a bit to monotonous. It is hard to pick a specific example since this is map wide, so instead I will give a description of what I mean.
Imagine 3 groups of intensity for rhythms. Low, high, and emphasized.
Unless a song is clearly linearly transitioning from one to the others, I would keep the spacing distinctly different between the three groups.
This is a personal method, but the below still stands hold.
This is in order to have contrast. Players don't care about slight changes in spacing, since in gameplay they are effectively the same. If the spacing however is clearly distinct, players can associate it with the song.
You clearly understand this with streams, as you seem to do pretty well with them. Try and apply the same idea of distinct spacing distances to all objects.

01:46:870 (1,2,3,4,5) - I would force this into a stack to force no movement. I believe the starker contrast is worth it here.

02:10:720 (5,6,1) - I would space 5 to 6 smaller and 6 to 1 larger. This is to map the downbeat.

02:11:620 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - 02:12:820 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I would try to make a stream jump at 4, cus the drum beat is really prominent.

02:14:920 (3,4) - I would space this higher, and maybe use a different slider shape, cus wow is the sound different to 02:14:770 (2) . I don't think what you are doing currently is enough.

02:18:220 (2) - Remember your active and passive emphasis. Slider tails and reverses should be placed on less intense sounds. Please consider replacing the tails with circles, as that is about all im asking for.

02:16:420 (1,2) - This drum phrase is being repeated with the same intensity, but the 4 variations you are using to cover it are too different. Keep a common theme between them, or alternate just 2 of the patterns, cus as it stands it feels like completely different sections to play.

02:47:920 (2,3,4,5,6) - People love patterns that look clear. Try and stick with a single idea of logic throughout the map. Either stick with symmetry, geometry, or s on so that players can associate this with the map.

02:48:220 (4,5,6) - The spacing emphasis is on the wrong object.

01:09:820 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - I would NC 3 and 6 to make it clear to players this is a 1/3 stream. You did this somewhere else in the map too, so I dunno why you didn't do it here. If your argument is that NCs would make it look too intense, I would remind you that the small emphisis given by NCs is not enough to outweigh proper reading techniques.
Rhythm Incarnate
658 posts
mindmaster107 wrote:
Here for M4M!
My map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/677022

Illusions
The map is pretty decent, but still has some flaws. :P
Apart from the bitrate problem cookiebite mentioned earlier, there are a few other issues with the map. Fixed this a while back should rdl prob :p

Visual patterns have no clear connection. Good visuals can allow the player to see the music on screen, where repeated phrases in the song are reflected not only by similar/same rhythm choice, but similar/same visual patterns. Kinda disagree here, the map is basicly build around visual spacing with connecting to prev/next combo patterns and the kiai and non kiai parts are clearly distuishible imo but will see what others have to say before making major changes

Spacing feels a bit to monotonous. It is hard to pick a specific example since this is map wide, so instead I will give a description of what I mean.
Imagine 3 groups of intensity for rhythms. Low, high, and emphasized.
Unless a song is clearly linearly transitioning from one to the others, I would keep the spacing distinctly different between the three groups.
This is a personal method, but the below still stands hold.
This is in order to have contrast. Players don't care about slight changes in spacing, since in gameplay they are effectively the same. If the spacing however is clearly distinct, players can associate it with the song.
You clearly understand this with streams, as you seem to do pretty well with them. Try and apply the same idea of distinct spacing distances to all objects.
Agreeing here but its kinda the song genre and the way the song is build, basicly for the first 3 ish minutes there's just mainly a constant background snare and drumroll and not really anyhing "interesting" aside from a few single note standouts like 00:58:120 (8,9) - when it gains a bit of intensity, even the kias got similar non-vocal intensity a bit. So just went with a more aim focused less dense kiai to focus teh vocal compared to the rest more stream focused parts for contrast here. So emphasis lies mainly on sections and secondary on individual notes. I could make more of these spacing differences pre kia etc but that just wouldn't represnt the song imo, the song is really simple build with only a few hickups here and there to stand out, so the map is aswell. Hope that gives a bit of reasoning on why its mapped the way it is :d

01:46:870 (1,2,3,4,5) - I would force this into a stack to force no movement. I believe the starker contrast is worth it here.Did something similar here

02:10:720 (5,6,1) - I would space 5 to 6 smaller and 6 to 1 larger. This is to map the downbeat. Did something flow breaky instead for emphasis

02:11:620 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - 02:12:820 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I would try to make a stream jump at 4, cus the drum beat is really prominent. Had this initially but these type of drum changes only happen very rarely so I decided to keep ds stream transistions the same for the entire map so no stream jumps anywhere since I don't really like playing them too

02:14:920 (3,4) - I would space this higher, and maybe use a different slider shape, cus wow is the sound different to 02:14:770 (2) . I don't think what you are doing currently is enough. tried something

02:18:220 (2) - Remember your active and passive emphasis. Slider tails and reverses should be placed on less intense sounds. Please consider replacing the tails with circles, as that is about all im asking for. aight sure thing

02:16:420 (1,2) - This drum phrase is being repeated with the same intensity, but the 4 variations you are using to cover it are too different. Keep a common theme between them, or alternate just 2 of the patterns, cus as it stands it feels like completely different sections to play. Common theme here is basicly the snare emhasis though did some changes while adjusting prev point so might be more clear now

02:47:920 (2,3,4,5,6) - People love patterns that look clear. Try and stick with a single idea of logic throughout the map. Either stick with symmetry, geometry, or s on so that players can associate this with the map. Its basiscly build around a variety line of symmetry which geometry patterns also provide this one just kinda is obvious geometry but there are more stuff like this maybe less clear at 01:42:820 (1,2,3,4,2) - etc that are geometry pattern structured with the symmetry concept thingy so I think it should be fine to inlterline these

02:48:220 (4,5,6) - The spacing emphasis is on the wrong object. vocal emphasis spacing was the idea here since I'm following vocals 02:47:920 (2,7,8) -

01:09:820 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - I would NC 3 and 6 to make it clear to players this is a 1/3 stream. You did this somewhere else in the map too, so I dunno why you didn't do it here. If your argument is that NCs would make it look too intense, I would remind you that the small emphisis given by NCs is not enough to outweigh proper reading techniques. Can't seem to find the other instances where I did tbh :/ I mainly used the NCing inthe 1/3 solo part for spacing differences indications and unintroduced 1/3 rhythms, with these I introduced the 1/3 rhythm with returns first and theres no spacing difference together with the 3-3 pairing it should be obvious that this its gonna be 1/3 imo, will see what others gotta say tho from testplays no one had prob distinguishing these iirc

Thanks for the mod man! will get to your map asap :D
Combo Commander
327 posts
Earned 1 kudosu.
m4m from queue

Illusions

02:49:869 (4) - end not snapped
00:08:017 (1,2) - Could you make these either both curved or both angled bc they don't have really different sounds
00:23:469 (4,9) - 4 is hiding the reverse arrow of 9
01:09:820 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - Yeah I agree with mindmaster107 here about Ncing 3 and 6 02:34:420 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - here too
01:34:720 (2) - did you mean to ctrl g this?
02:05:620 (1,2,3,4,5) - Space this out? like the previous sliders?
a

02:32:920 (11,1) - 02:28:120 (11,1) - Different spacing
02:33:820 (3,1) - Pretty sure you can't hide the arrow like that
03:22:420 (1,2) - It would look nice if this was a blanket
03:50:920 (10,1) - That's pretty hard to play
04:47:920 (9) - 04:47:620 (5) - NCs?
04:52:720 (5) - ^
03:46:420 (1) - Tbh the hitsounds are really quiet here, I don't know why you decided to lower volume, instead of keeping it the same or even raising it
03:59:320 (2,3,1) - 04:17:620 (1,2,3,4,5) - Keep consistent?

amazing map, really didn't find a lot of issues but I hope I helped!
Rhythm Incarnate
658 posts
_orange wrote:
m4m from queue

Illusions

02:49:869 (4) - end not snapped oops
00:08:017 (1,2) - Could you make these either both curved or both angled bc they don't have really different sounds sure thing!
00:23:469 (4,9) - 4 is hiding the reverse arrow of 9 not really an issue with ar 9.5 it may look like that in editor but if you play (4) has alrdy faded away completely so it should be fine
01:09:820 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - Yeah I agree with mindmaster107 here about Ncing 3 and 6 02:34:420 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - here too aight doing it then :d
01:34:720 (2) - did you mean to ctrl g this? Nope was intenional small jump here so it feels more similar then the prev combo
02:05:620 (1,2,3,4,5) - Space this out? like the previous sliders? Got misread ofter during testplays so keeping it for now tho spacing it would fit too imo
a

02:32:920 (11,1) - 02:28:120 (11,1) - Different spacing changed
02:33:820 (3,1) - Pretty sure you can't hide the arrow like that like prev not an easy while playing bc of the high AR
03:22:420 (1,2) - It would look nice if this was a blanket moved around a bit still no blanket but now made it not look like it was meant to blanket
03:50:920 (10,1) - That's pretty hard to play tried something, will see how testplayers do
04:47:920 (9) - 04:47:620 (5) - NCs? Added one at 04:47:470 (1) - instead of 04:47:620 (5) - since the ds for these 8 notes are the same so not really any need there
04:52:720 (5) - ^ Done
03:46:420 (1) - Tbh the hitsounds are really quiet here, I don't know why you decided to lower volume, instead of keeping it the same or even raising it deleted that green line so its the same volume now
03:59:320 (2,3,1) - 04:17:620 (1,2,3,4,5) - Keep consistent? Yeah changed first part into circles too since the extend sound is a lot less present there

amazing map, really didn't find a lot of issues but I hope I helped!

Thanks for the mod! will return the M4M shortly :D
Beat Clicker
67 posts
Earned 1 kudosu.
NM mod from my queue~

Illustions

Pretty decent map! I would recommend you to step away from symmetrical patterns. People used to map symmetrical in like.. 2009/10? Overall good stream patterns and nice hitsounds with some fancy ideas here and there. Good luck for future maps!

Fox~
Rhythm Incarnate
658 posts
FoxFiire wrote:
NM mod from my queue~

Illustions

Pretty decent map! I would recommend you to step away from symmetrical patterns. People used to map symmetrical in like.. 2009/10? Overall good stream patterns and nice hitsounds with some fancy ideas here and there. Good luck for future maps! Thanks! Prob a bit personal preference about the symmetry I can get why its a hit or miss nowadays but I like and still mostly play these kind of maps too

Fox~

Thanks for the mod! :D
Star Shooter
235 posts
Earned 1 kudosu.
Hi from my Queue :3

For some reason I've got timing and Ilusion diffs too :thinking:

Illusions

Afterword
Finaly a decent human being mapped this song. You should recheck all green lines. Some of them are from previous timing (my guess) and got -15ms~. I don't think it affects playability or anything but it looks rather unproffesional REEEE.

As for the M4M, don't worry. No need to rush, I'm not going to speedrank anyway.
Actually, you don't have to mod my map since I was just throwing away some free mods. But it would be nice .w.
Rhythm Incarnate
658 posts
Catshy wrote:
Hi from my Queue :3

For some reason I've got timing and Ilusion diffs too :thinking: dont tell people how slow the progress went pls

Illusions
  • 00:19:717 (2) - there should be an emphasis on this note; simply pull it out to the left (x:112 y:16 looks good imo) did something similar
  • 00:20:289 - I'd love to have this note clickable same but the music in still building up so bit less dense seems fitting and it mainly compensates for an easier bpm shift
  • 00:20:439 (2,3,4) - consider making this the same as 00:20:889 (1,2,3,4) - ; if you do, stack 00:20:739 (4) - on top of 00:20:017 (1) - sliderend will see what to do here, on 100% it kinda sounded like 00:21:189 (4) - was emphasised in the music drum wise so thats why its clickable feels like a bit of break between 3-4 compared to 00:20:589 (4) -
  • 00:21:489 (1) - put a circle here instead and make a 1/2 slider at 00:21:639 - kinda prefer the current one since the sound is building up from for this 1/1 rythm, cutting that kinda feels a bit off
    If you applied both suggestions this should look something like this (pretty cool huh) Haha yeah :D will keep this in mind to try to work something around if it gets brought up again
  • 00:22:141 (1) - I feel like it would be better if you got rid of this note consistency with the rest of the "chrono" vocals I really like the vocals since they stand out here so much and having that gap and start again with "-stasis" just didnt felt justice to the vocals
  • 00:27:070 - missing a note? feels empty :c (same here 00:31:870 - ) same later on too basicly a bit of breathing room and emphasis on the start of the next section with that gap 00:26:920 (1,1) - these cymbals reoccur a few times so wanted to do something to stand them out instead of having this 20 seconds of full 1/4 rhythms
  • 00:29:320 (10) - flip it horizontally? sure thing!
  • 00:43:270 (8) - how about moving it to x:226 y:252?; doesn't it flow better? ruins the concept a bit for these parts 00:42:970 (6,7,8) - flow is kinda neglectent for a lot due to the stacking and full slow down which kinda will always force the player to start a new movement no matter where you put (1)
  • 00:48:070 (8) - rapid movement from previous jump might force player's hand to move cursor further; my suggestion is to move this to x:330 y:319 ^ intentional slow down and harder to hit
  • 00:51:070 (2) - how about moving it to the other side? possibly just over 00:50:020 (2) - x:118 y:241 did similar and some other changes
  • 01:04:270 (6) - move it up a bit? lowered 01:03:970 (4,6) - for similar angles effect instead
  • 01:39:220 (1) - I really expected it to go right; please make it clear how the slider goes damn will see what to do here, tho no one really had any problems here and nothing overlaps so should be clear imo unless I misinterpreted something
  • 02:01:720 - there's a note to emphasize; use 2 circles instead of that slider (same goes for 02:02:770 (4) - ) following the "zu u to o" vocals here since thats the most interesting rhythm to follow since they don't have those background synths thingys like 01:57:820 (3,4,5,6) -
  • 02:06:070 (1,2) - again, I think those notes are unnecessary [color=#00BFFF]similar like prev reasoning
    /color
  • 03:15:520 - previously you use 3/4 slider and a circle (03:12:820 (1,2) - ); it'd be natural to keep it here too no strong vocal on the end unlinke (3:12) so thats why its a 1/1, did it similar for 01:50:020 (1,2,3) - for instance
    03:32:020 (1) - I'm wet always prepare a towel
  • 04:34:420 (1) - looks cool and all but it should be clear which way it goes (won't cause any problems nomod but with HR it might get problematic) it kinda looks easier to follow with HR (bigger slider-circle contrast) tbh :p so keeping if for now
  • 05:22:120 - after intense deathstream now it feels like map went down to 2* difficulty intentional, music kinda goes into an easier kiai with main emphasis on cymbals and that one clap and it serves a bit as break section too after that intense solo, so bit less dense and easier seems fitting with the music
  • 05:59:770 (1,2) - delet dis :/

Afterword
Finaly a decent human being mapped this song. You should recheck all green lines. Some of them are from previous timing (my guess) and got -15ms~. I don't think it affects playability or anything but it looks rather unproffesional REEEE. oh crap yeah forgot about those it might affect playablilty with the redlines changes so prob best to do it thanks!

As for the M4M, don't worry. No need to rush, I'm not going to speedrank anyway.
Actually, you don't have to mod my map since I was just throwing away some free mods. But it would be nice .w.

Thanks for the mod! :D Will mod back somewhere next week! There really need to be more symphonic metal maps
Combo Commander
417 posts
Earned 1 kudosu.
As promised

I think the guitar riff isn't as immersive as it could be, but the rest seems alright. Visual structure could be improved I think, there are too many different slidershape concepts around and that is possibly why I think the map could be more organised.

glgl
This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
Reply 45 posts jump | 1, 2, 3  next