forum

[Archived] Batch map difficulty deletions?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
I am in the middle of deleting all my low star beatmaps. I have nearly 40 000 beatmaps and about 80% are ones that I wish to delete. The only way for me to do this is to delete difficulty by difficulty as I do not wish to also delete high star beatmaps withing the same mapset. Manually, I can only delete about 1000 maps a day and it is quite boring. Unfortunately star rating is not recorded within the .osu file (I believe it is calculated on the fly by the client) so I cannot just grep and delete them that way.

One solution that I thought of was to use a macro utility such as AutoHotKey to repeat the keystrokes (which is simply f3 -> 2 -> 2 if you start from the highest star difficulty you wish to delete). However I do not wish to risk getting banned testing it out (or testing out whether it will get me banned or not). Is there a way to automatically delete all difficulties that are under a certain star rating OR a method of searching for mapsets which have their highest difficulty above a certain star rating (and then delete them)?

osu! version: 20170103.2
Kao
You can set a star restriction and right click > Delete all visible beatmaps

Credit to Dntm8kmeeatu
Sandy Hoey
Why do you need to delete them? Are they taking up too much space? I would just recommend keeping them, who knows when you may want them again. Playing with a friend that isnt as good, idk. Just use what Kao showed you so you only see what you want to see
Topic Starter

Kao wrote:

You can set a star restriction and right click > Delete all visible beatmaps

Credit to Dntm8kmeeatu
Thanks!

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Why do you need to delete them? Are they taking up too much space? I would just recommend keeping them, who knows when you may want them again. Playing with a friend that isnt as good, idk. Just use what Kao showed you so you only see what you want to see
The problem is that a lot of the maps are from 2008-2012 that I installed when I downloaded every single beatmap pack or unfinished unranked maps which I probably won't ever play. It makes it harder to find maps that I would actually like to play and it's taking up about 100 GB on my hard drive that could be used for other things.