forum

keyboard issues?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Arnaud
ok so I bought this keyboard: https://www.amazon.ca/Teamwolf-Mechanic ... al_qh_dp_t

When I play mania with it sometimes the key presses don't register.. And pretty often it just isn't accurate at all when I press a key.. Is that a common issue for keyboards? Should I return it (I can for 30 days)
Full Tablet
A brand new keyboard shouldn't have problems with keys registering. Trying to solve the issue yourself would most likely void the guarantee, so your best choice is returning it.
Topic Starter
Arnaud

Full Tablet wrote:

A brand new keyboard shouldn't have problems with keys registering. Trying to solve the issue yourself would most likely void the guarantee, so your best choice is returning it.
thanks for the tip :)
Sandy Hoey
Yeah, I would agree to return it. I was also reading some reviews on it and a lot of people are not happy with it. It does look pretty cool though, but functionality definitely comes above aesthetics.
I would recommend just getting a normal mechanical keyboard, you can look around for the different kinds of switches to see which one you want. I know some are supposedly better for gaming than others, but I don't know anything about that. I just have mx-brown switches because someone told me they were good LMAO
Topic Starter
Arnaud

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Yeah, I would agree to return it. I was also reading some reviews on it and a lot of people are not happy with it. It does look pretty cool though, but functionality definitely comes above aesthetics.
I would recommend just getting a normal mechanical keyboard, you can look around for the different kinds of switches to see which one you want. I know some are supposedly better for gaming than others, but I don't know anything about that. I just have mx-brown switches because someone told me they were good LMAO
Lol maybe I should get some too.. are they worth?
Sandy Hoey
I like mine very much (https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Mechani ... E4LX0?th=1), although its on the expensive end. My family has a Mac desktop, and it feels so weird to type on that keyboard now. I would definitely say that it is worth the investment. Especially because you can still find a good mechanical keyboard for pretty cheap. Of course, it isn't $10, but it doesn't have to be $100 either
Topic Starter
Arnaud

Sandy Hoey wrote:

I like mine very much (https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Mechani ... E4LX0?th=1), although its on the expensive end. My family has a Mac desktop, and it feels so weird to type on that keyboard now. I would definitely say that it is worth the investment. Especially because you can still find a good mechanical keyboard for pretty cheap. Of course, it isn't $10, but it doesn't have to be $100 either
I have to say, the simple look is really appealing
Sandy Hoey
The cool flashy backlights are pretty cool too. The ones that you can customize the color and the pattern that they flash in. But they are super expensive foir good ones.
Topic Starter
Arnaud

Sandy Hoey wrote:

The cool flashy backlights are pretty cool too. The ones that you can customize the color and the pattern that they flash in. But they are super expensive foir good ones.
thanks for your input man real appreciated :))
Sandy Hoey
No problem, always glad to help out where I can! 8-)
catszeid
Most mechanical keyboards should be fine for playing osu. The main thing that you need to look out for is the key rollover. Some offer n-key rollover while other s have a specific amount such as 6-key rollover.

The switch that is best for you is more of personal preference. Browns are a nice balance of being able to do the fast presses and still having a subtle tactile feedback. I would suggest talking a look at the Drevo Gramr as it is fairly cheap and comes in a variety of switches.If you wanted to you could go with reds as they are extremely light and are linear, but many find it hared to use for regular typing due to how light it is.