forum

Blessings from Norway!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
Yes! I bless you! You will now deal max dmg the next 3 turns.

Anyway, Hi to you all. My name is Endre and I'm from Norway.

I'm 20 years old and was among the top stepmania-players here before I quit playing it. I'm a huge fan of rhythm-based games. I'm one of those guys who's played everything among them. Amplitude/Frequency, Gitaroo Man, Bust A Groove, etc. If there's a rhythm-based game, I feel I just HAVE to master it. :3~

..Or maybe I'm just that about games in general. I'm insanely attracted to insanely hard games. I love a good challenge, and I miss the days when games was made to challenge the player instead of beeing made to be cleared. And, nothing beats a couch, a good old crt-tv and a playstation with tekken, and a friend you can shoulderbump every time you try to do a move.

Other than that I'm a geek. I use linux mostely, but dualboots windows. I'm active in politics and interrested in electronics, movies, gamedesign and cats.

10 random things people should/should not know about me:
- I love, LOVE cats.
- I think David Duchovny is hot enough to cook an egg on his chest.
- I hate Ubuntu and the ubuntu-community.
- I judge you when you use poor grammar. (Excuse my horrible english, it's just my second language and the norwegian schools suck.)
- I have never ever commented on a blogpost in my entire life.
- I hate soccer.
- I love tennis.
- I hate zealots. (And I'm not talking starcraft.)
- I'm a hobby photographer.
- One of my favorite movies of all time is Starship Troopers.
Pokebis
Wow, this was one of the best introductions I've read!
I'm glad to see more people are finding Osu! to be interesting! (Lot's of people have migrated from other rhythm games now)
I hope you enjoy your time here and become a nice addition to the community!
Also I'm glad you don't mean the zealot's in Starcraft, Protoss FTW! :P

EDIT: Also, I suggest Contra 4 and Bangai-O Spirits for the Nintendo DS for a challenge, if you haven't already. :P
awp
shut up I love Ubuntu it doesn't give me any bullshit

Topic Starter
[deleted user]
awp: But it's so... Brown... Eeewh. >_>

Pokebis: Wow, thanks. Yes, Osu is pretty interresting. Even though it's abit more unforgiving than other rhythmgames. But hey, I like it hard. I feel pretty happy about myself now, got a sweet score on Battle with the four fiends normal. So yes, I guess I'll try to hang around here abit.

I don't think I'm migrating though. I percept Osu! as a nice addition. My right hand on the other hand... Does not. Poor hand. It hurts. :/ I thought after 5 years of intense keypressing at an average speed of 15 keys per second per hand it would be abit more hardened against such things.

I play some Starcraft now and then. I guess I'm a decent player, but not more than that, and I prefer protoss. I watch starcraft-competitions and such. Very entertaining.
adam2046
Here's a small checklist:
Finished the r-types y/n
Finished the Contras y/n
Mastered Gitaroo Man y/n
Finished hardest difficulties of Amp/Freq/GH/RB y/n
Beat Saturos' score n/n

Too tired to think of other feats.
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
Finished the r-types - Yes
Finished the Contras - Yes
Mastered Gitaroo Man - Yes
Finished hardest difficulties of Amp/Freq/GH/RB - No
Beat Saturos' score - Pff, like that's a feat. ;)

I might add;

Cleared Battletoads - Yes
Cleared God Hand - Yes
Cleared IWBTG on Very Hard - Yes
Cleared Shinobi - Yes (I hate that last boss)
Cleared Castlevania SOTN with just Alucart-gear, no capes, no rings, no helmets, and with the X-X!V''Q-cheat that lowers your stats, except for luck.
awp
Finished MMZ# without Cyber Elves?
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
Never tried. Should I? I love the MM-series though. Played everything from MM1 to MMX8, except for MMX7. That one was so horrible I only played it for 2 minutes.

But no MMZ-games.
fdtoonsman
My mother's last name is Katz.

:o Welcome to osu.
awp
Megaman X7 was an enjoyable game so long as you weren't expecting it to be a Megaman X game.

Megaman Zero games are friggin' hard though. Boss battles are really fast paced and you need to move a lot (much more so than in the MMX games)
adam2046
Well you get a medal for those achievments.
You my friend get a BIG tick in my book.
One more: finished Twin Caliber[sic]
adamskii_uk

Kats wrote:

I thought after 5 years of intense keypressing at an average speed of 15 keys per second per hand it would be abit more hardened against such things.
Fifteen keypresses per second on one hand sounds pretty fast, I can only manage an average of 97 key presses over 10 seconds. :roll:

What speeds can you get whilst clicking the left mouse button with only your index finger, whilst holding the mouse normally in the same hand? Please use the following link, and click on the left mouse button for approx 30 seconds, then report your score.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/paulfitz/pl ... icker.html

Here is my score. I got rather fatigued towards the end, so my speed slowed down a bit. :)

Topic Starter
[deleted user]
I use two fingers per hand since I play spread. (Stepmania-style where you play with 2 fingers on each hand on a total of 4 keys, one finger per key.)

Anyway, 7.20 first try, 7.73 second try. That's decent I guess.

adam2046: Never tried. http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/twin ... index.html <- This?
adam2046
I think I should make thread for real gaming achievments with 1337 points.
Also 3.0 in 30 seconds (I blame it on the mouse)
And yeah that is the game. Controlling each gun with with a seperate stick is hard as hell.
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
After reading about it, controlling one gun each with each stick? Sounds awesome. I've been having ideas about something like that, just for the PC where you controll two guns with each mouse (after dual-mice-support-action). I'm so getting this game.

You say it's hard? Should I write a progress-thread on it?

Edit: My favorite private torrent tracker does not have it. Damn. That makes it slightly harder to get it.

Download: DJ.RICH feat. Tail Bros. - SUPER STAR (zelos15) [Soulclenz's difficulty].osu
adam2046
I picked it up at EB for about 15 bucks (Master at finding games lying around cheaply)
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
I'm a poor lazy hobo. :D