This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
1,015 posts
Offline
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 6:45:54 PM

Artist: Tatsumi Megumi featured by Sano Hiroaki
Title: Tsubomi (Long Version)
Source: GuitarFreaksXG3 & DrumManiaXG3
Tags: bor
BPM: 184
Filesize: 11760kb
Play Time: 05:12
Difficulties Available:
  • Sakura (4.62 stars, 1215 notes)

Download: Tatsumi Megumi featured by Sano Hiroaki - Tsubomi (Long Version)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
inspiration: kiiwa

this is a bor map

FUCK MY ASS UPDOOT LESS GO BROTHER!!!!!! 0
Last edited by imbor on , edited 14 times in total.
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
1,211 posts
Offline
Earned 2 kudosu.
hi

Sakura (STOP NAMING MARATHONS SAKURA HOLY SHIT)

00:09:073 (4,1) - Spacing here is pretty weird tbh
00:09:888 (7,8,1,2) - Honestly this spacing change is too harsh and doesn't really reflect the music very well, if you wanted to build it up it should be a full gradual increase in spacing for the entire stream which I feel would fit the music much better. (Apply to all later examples of this.)
00:18:203 (7,1) - This beatmap helped me learn something, why have I never seen this kind of pattern before? Now I know. Because it sucks to play. Please change this (apply to all later examples of this.)
00:53:421 (5,6,1) - 5 note stream would probably be less confusing than this.

map is copypaste hell so that's all I have for now until you finish it, good luck!
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
1,015 posts
Offline
Weber wrote:
hi

Sakura (STOP NAMING MARATHONS SAKURA HOLY SHIT)

00:09:073 (4,1) - Spacing here is pretty weird tbh not really, I just made it a bit more obvious where the stream was to avoid any confusion, the spacing is unimportant since the right before there was a hold slider
00:09:888 (7,8,1,2) - Honestly this spacing change is too harsh and doesn't really reflect the music very well, if you wanted to build it up it should be a full gradual increase in spacing for the entire stream which I feel would fit the music much better. (Apply to all later examples of this.) maybe it, but its harder to do a 7 stream than a 5 stream for the same reason this stream increases difficulty without looking like it does exactly. It might be hard for you to tell since you are such a high rank you only see the more obvious way :? :D
00:18:203 (7,1) - This beatmap helped me learn something, why have I never seen this kind of pattern before? Now I know. Because it sucks to play. Please change this (apply to all later examples of this.) no thanks
00:53:421 (5,6,1) - 5 note stream would probably be less confusing than this. no thanks

map is copypaste hell so that's all I have for now until you finish it, good luck!
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
530 posts
Offline
No kudosu yet.
Lemme tell you a lil secret
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
Kiiwa peed herself
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
1,015 posts
Offline
Naitoshi wrote:
Lemme tell you a lil secret
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
Kiiwa peed herself



I actually came
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
1,550 posts
Offline
Denied kudosu.
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
1,015 posts
Offline
pkk wrote:
u can do it


irc with pkk
p k k
can u mod this my map https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1217970
pkk - Today at 5:07 PM
no
bor - Today at 5:08 PM
ok
can you support me
pkk - Today at 5:12 PM
ok
p/5862653
bor - Today at 5:12 PM
thanks for your cooperation
NEW MESSAGES
pkk - Today at 5:14 PM
np
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
522 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
bor4bor


Sakura

Some unsnapped kiai ends in the end of the song

00:10:540 (6) - I'd probably nc this for emphasis, also I think you could better emphasis it with a sharp angle rather than a linear flow from 00:10:051 (1,2,3,4,5) - I think the biggest issue here is the curve with 00:10:296 (4,5,6) - as 6 goes against the natural flow here so idk maybe a placement like this or smtng
00:13:801 (2) - I think this note is too strong to be stacked under the sliderend
00:15:268 (5,6,1) - Idk if just your style but a bit too tight curves for my taste, also 00:15:268 (5) - I think this could use a bit more spacing from 00:14:942 (4) - since it's a rather emphasized note
00:16:247 (2,3,4,5) - If you want to use a linear pattern here I think you should have at least progressively increasing spacing since the pitch of the guitar is going up as well
00:16:899 (6,7,1) - really emphasized stuff here, feels kinda bad to see it stacked the same way a lot weaker sounds on 00:14:453 (1,2,3) -
00:17:714 (3) - Yeah again I don't like stacking strong sounds on sliderends
00:18:366 (1,2,3) - Could use some additional spacing... The slider leniency would easily allow it so no need to make strong sounds so cramped. As it is it plays ever weaker than just a triple would so kinda meh imo
00:19:182 (5,6,7) - Here too would be nice to see something represent the pitch changes on guitar
00:19:752 (1) - I'd rather end it on 00:20:812 - where the guitar sound ends and add a circle for the vocal at 00:20:812 - if you feel like mapping it
00:21:953 (5) - Pretty interesting choice in both rhythm here... 00:22:279 - stands out more than the rest of the slider also you use a 1/2 + circle here despite being lot weaker 00:23:258 (6,7) - ?
00:24:562 (5,1) - Again kinda counter-intuitive rhythm choice here, this time also on 00:25:051 (1) - since I'm quite sure majority would think the kick is more impacting than the echo kind of thing on the down beat
00:25:622 - idk if you missed the triple here or ignored on purpose, feels a bit weird since you mapped other weak triples too
00:26:355 (1,2,3) - Hmm might want to rework rhythm here. The first 2 objects indicate that you'd be following vocals but then you leave it on slider end on 3. Also I think the visuals on the pattern could be better, like utilising the blanket opportunites from 00:26:355 (1,3) - or trying to make an even triangle or something
00:29:779 (5) - I'll stop pointing these out, they are repeating so idk if you had some kind of reason for doing them but I can't figure it out
00:30:432 (2) - I think you could add another triple here since the guitar kinda stands out here despite being quite low pitch
00:31:410 (7) - Again I don't like this stacking here since the sounds are completely unrelated and the vocals are quite strong
00:34:018 - feels kinda empty, could add something or change 00:33:692 (6) - into a circle and add a 1/2 slider here 00:33:855 -
00:35:486 (1) - Most of the there has been no strong sounds on placements like these but there are quite strong vocals here so it deserves more spacing imo
00:35:649 (2,6) - I get your following the kicks here but I'd argue that snares + vocals are stronger here
00:36:301 (6,7,8,1) - Too much flow changes here imo, I'd prefer you just keep the flow on 00:36:627 (7,8) - instead of reversing it and then reversing again on 00:36:790 (1) -
00:37:768 (4) - slidertail definitely more dominant here than the head, consider changing rhythm
00:38:095 - Well... I wouldn't ignore this since there are vocals and a (rather silent) cymbal there in addition to being the downbeat
00:38:258 (1,3) - pretty minor but these aren't properly stacked
00:38:747 (3) - well this goes against your most rhythm choices since you've prioritized kicks over other stuff in most places (Some which I don't really agree to since I found other sounds more important but you should try to be consistent here if that's the rhythm you chose)
00:39:073 (4) - Definitely would work better as 3/4 slider. Kinda funny that I haven't seen you using one after the one in the beginning (00:14:942 (4) - )
00:39:725 (2) - I don't really know what this is following since it's ignoring the vocals on red tick and a triple too
00:40:377 (4) - rhythm issues again
00:53:421 (5,6,1) - While technically this isn't wrong I just can't agree with this rhythm pattern choice here. It's really lacking in emphasis since it pretty much plays like 3 stacked 1/2 circles into a 1/2 slider. If you want to stack those make it a 5 note stream instead (Shouldn't be an issue since you had this in the beginning 00:09:399 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5) - ) or at least make it into jumps with the 1/4 sliders, and please make 00:53:747 (1) - into 2 circles. The sounds are pretty much begging for a jump here. I really think you should try on working on emphasizing stuff more since I've seen this kind of issues in many parts of the map.
00:54:236 (2,3,4,5,6) - Kinda lacking in emphasis since the vocals are getting higher in pitch and more intense especially at 00:54:725 (5,6) -
00:56:192 (6,1) - Visual spacing here kinda stands out, could try to space them further for consistency
00:57:334 (4,5) - You were following the vocals so nicely until this so why suddenly change the rhythm here
01:00:105 (7,1) - Definitely needs a bigger spacing here, it should be at least as big as 00:59:779 (6,7) -
01:00:758 (2,3,4) - spacing gets kinda big here compared to before for seemingly no reason so maybe make it a bit smaller?
01:01:410 (6,1) - Again kinda lacking in emphasis if you compare it to spacing like 01:00:268 (1,2) -
01:03:855 (6) - random whistle here on the slidertail, I'd suggest making the end clickable anyway
01:04:834 (3) - Missed a sound in the middle?
01:06:627 (6,1) - again spacing could be better here if you compare to 01:06:138 (4,5) - kinda lack s in emphasis imo
01:07:605 (3,4,5) - the angle here looks a bit weird, maybe try to make it follow the curve of 5?
01:10:703 (1,2) - could try to match the visual spacing with 01:09:888 (4,7) -
01:11:845 (6,1) - same as before about visual spacing
01:12:986 (4,5) - rhythm again, should be 1/2 slider imo for consistency with 01:12:008 (1,2,3) -
01:18:692 (1,5) - instead of 1/2 sliders I think you could try some sort of jump pattern here both for more variety and better emphasis
01:20:486 (3,4,5) - Yeah kinda weird spacing change again since the song is getting more intense
01:24:236 (2,3,4,5,6) - I honestly don't think a linear pattern like this is properly capturing what the song is doing...
01:25:051 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Guitar doing cool stuff here, not nice to ignore it :/ (I like cool stuff - Pishifat)
01:26:355 (1,3) - Pretty cool idea here I think you could try something like this more with your 01:26:355 (1) - shape sliders
01:27:171 (3,4,1) - Better spacing emphasis here than in most parts but I'd still adjust it a bit so 01:27:171 (3,4) - < 01:27:497 (4,1) -
01:28:149 (2,3,4) - Pretty high spacing here again, also feels kinda isolated from the rest of the combo :/
01:29:779 (5) - The decision to use a repeat here kinda kills the emphasis on the notes here but also on 01:30:105 (6) - which would deserve a bigger spacing imo anyway

Well I've modded up to first kiai and there's quite a big list of issues imo... To avoid wasting both of our time I'd suggest you to scan the rest of the map for similar issues since at least by a quick glance they are repeating later as well.
I'd be happy to remod this later but with the amount of issues on just the first third of the song I think it'd be more useful to mod this later on when you've already addressed the issues already mentioned as it would be more beneficial both for you and me
User avatar
Spinner Sage
169 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
From modding queue
Sakura
00:09:399 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6) - since this and 04:10:703 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6) - are pretty much the same pattern, they should both have the same flow (such as both being circular instead of the first switching directions, or the other way around)

02:07:279 (2) - this slider should follow circular flow
Image

04:18:448 (8) - this circle should follow the curve of the next slider
Image


sorry if its not that much i just couldn't find many things
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
1,015 posts
Offline
I will reply after doing the m4ms with you guys

though i applied everything i intended to already
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
883 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
m4m

General
-the clap hitsound is oddly fitting XD but you still could replace it with a drum custom

Sakura
00:12:904 (4) - add clap
00:09:399 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5) - i dont like how this stream plays, 00:10:051 (1) - is somewhat strong (i can hear it on 25% speed, but 100% not really) but not strong enough for such a sharp angle change imo. the spacing change from the first part of the stream (line) into the second part of the stream (pentagon) is also very large. i missed on this stream pattern both times it appeared :/
04:10:703 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5) - i think this version of the stream ^ works better if you wanted a sharp angle change. the vocals here 04:11:355 (1) - are quite clear
00:18:774 - i hear something here, add circle?
00:21:138 - add finish?
00:21:953 (5) - 00:22:605 (2) - 00:23:258 (6) - 00:24:562 (5) - 00:25:214 (2) - 00:25:866 (6) - rhythm choice is ehhhh because the slider tails are all stronger in the music than the heads. these are only a few, but this repeats throughout the diff
00:31:410 (7,1) - could add a jump here for cymbal crash+vocals on 1
00:34:018 - why did you skip this vocal? its fairly strong imo
00:37:768 (4,1) - why did you decide to use this pattern? the only similarities i can hear are vocals+clap on the tails. 00:37:768 (4) - does not have additional hitsounds on the head, and the instruments drop out in the middle. 00:38:258 (1) - has whistle on the head, and the instruments dont drop out in the middle.
00:40:866 (1) - 00:41:518 (5) - ^ except theres even fewer similarities
00:43:312 - add circle? or 1/2 slider
00:45:268 (2,1,2) - these dont overlap but 00:46:084 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - these do, make it consistent
00:45:595 - the piano thing also starts here, so i would shorten 00:45:268 (2) - to here. or to here 00:45:432 (to make all piano notes clickable)
00:56:682 (2) - 00:57:334 (4,5) - make these a line (tail2,4,5) for aesthetics? also visual spacing is inconsistent
00:58:801 (6,1) - could make a jump here for cymbal crash
01:00:105 (7) - remove finish, there isnt anything that strong here. you could put one here though 00:59:942
01:11:355 (4,6) - stack?
01:15:432 (6,1) - ^
01:16:573 (4,5) - this has higher spacing than 01:17:062 (6,1) - even though 5 barely has anything in the music while 1 has both cymbal crash and vocals, spacing of these pairs should be reversed
01:20:486 (3,4) - this is the smallest spacing in the kiai, space them out
01:23:258 (5,6,1) - spacing of 5-6 should be smaller than 6-1 not the other way around. 6 is barely audible.
01:41:355 (4) - could make this slider symmetrical, it looks a bit messy as is imo
01:50:160 - add clap
02:12:986 (5) - remove clap, add drum-finish
02:13:149 (6) - remove finish, sampleset auto
02:20:649 (6,7) - same as before, 7 doesnt really have anything on it but 6 does. remove finish on 7 and you can add one here 02:20:812.
02:21:464 - add clap
02:23:747 - add finish
02:38:747 (3,4) - smallest spacing in the kiai, space them out
03:05:649 (1) - 03:06:138 (3) - dont really agree with this pattern because 1 has the hihat on the tail, while 3 has the hihat on the head
03:13:149 (7,1) - add jump for cymbal crash+guitar?
03:18:040 (6,1) - fix stack
03:20:160 (2,3,4,5) - overlapping doesnt look good, you dont do it anywhere else in this section
03:46:247 (2) - dont like the rhythm choice, the piano on the slider tail is stronger than the head
04:50:486 - add finish?
05:06:627 (2) - would look cool if you put it in the center of the grid
04:55:703 - welp i had the feeling you copypasted at least one full section while playing and here they are 00:12:660 - 01:32:062. consistency is good, but the implementation isnt that great imo, like its so consistent to the point that it gets kinda boring. i also noticed quite a lot of similarities in the kiai sections. for example, 01:10:703 (1) - 02:28:964 (1) - 04:28:964 (1) - all have the same slider shape at the same angle. you can do more experimentation with angles
02:00:268 - 00:42:008 - back at it again with the copypaste :P

Good luck~
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
1,015 posts
Offline
Metaku wrote:
bor4bor


Sakura

Some unsnapped kiai ends in the end of the song

00:10:540 (6) - I'd probably nc this for emphasis, also I think you could better emphasis it with a sharp angle rather than a linear flow from 00:10:051 (1,2,3,4,5) - I think the biggest issue here is the curve with 00:10:296 (4,5,6) - as 6 goes against the natural flow here so idk maybe a placement like this or smtng no thanks, flow has no meaning here
00:13:801 (2) - I think this note is too strong to be stacked under the sliderend I'm not actively following the sound that defines why you think this note is strong, therefor I disagree
00:15:268 (5,6,1) - Idk if just your style but a bit too tight curves for my taste, also 00:15:268 (5) - I think this could use a bit more spacing from 00:14:942 (4) - since it's a rather emphasized note spacing is for readability, its emphasized by forcing click alternating and changing direction.
00:16:247 (2,3,4,5) - If you want to use a linear pattern here I think you should have at least progressively increasing spacing since the pitch of the guitar is going up as well rhythm density is constant which adds strain so its ok
00:16:899 (6,7,1) - really emphasized stuff here, feels kinda bad to see it stacked the same way a lot weaker sounds on 00:14:453 (1,2,3) - its a triple why would i not keep distance close, also its not stacked either...
00:17:714 (3) - Yeah again I don't like stacking strong sounds on sliderends same as before
00:18:366 (1,2,3) - Could use some additional spacing... The slider leniency would easily allow it so no need to make strong sounds so cramped. As it is it plays ever weaker than just a triple would so kinda meh imo did you give the wrong link???
00:19:182 (5,6,7) - Here too would be nice to see something represent the pitch changes on guitar no thanks
00:19:752 (1) - I'd rather end it on 00:20:812 - where the guitar sound ends and add a circle for the vocal at 00:20:812 - if you feel like mapping it I set the spinner back a bit, not adding circle
00:21:953 (5) - Pretty interesting choice in both rhythm here... 00:22:279 - stands out more than the rest of the slider also you use a 1/2 + circle here despite being lot weaker 00:23:258 (6,7) - ? you don't get it
00:24:562 (5,1) - Again kinda counter-intuitive rhythm choice here, this time also on 00:25:051 (1) - since I'm quite sure majority would think the kick is more impacting than the echo kind of thing on the down beat
00:25:622 - idk if you missed the triple here or ignored on purpose, feels a bit weird since you mapped other weak triples too lmao I had to change some stuff to fix this mistake, good catch
00:26:355 (1,2,3) - Hmm might want to rework rhythm here. The first 2 objects indicate that you'd be following vocals but then you leave it on slider end on 3. Also I think the visuals on the pattern could be better, like utilising the blanket opportunites from 00:26:355 (1,3) - or trying to make an even triangle or something
00:29:779 (5) - I'll stop pointing these out, they are repeating so idk if you had some kind of reason for doing them but I can't figure it out
00:30:432 (2) - I think you could add another triple here since the guitar kinda stands out here despite being quite low pitch I don't here it.
00:31:410 (7) - Again I don't like this stacking here since the sounds are completely unrelated and the vocals are quite strong already mentioned
00:34:018 - feels kinda empty, could add something or change 00:33:692 (6) - into a circle and add a 1/2 slider here 00:33:855 - forgot triple d
00:35:486 (1) - Most of the there has been no strong sounds on placements like these but there are quite strong vocals here so it deserves more spacing imo again im not mapping to what you think I am
00:35:649 (2,6) - I get your following the kicks here but I'd argue that snares + vocals are stronger here I'm not following the kicks.
00:36:301 (6,7,8,1) - Too much flow changes here imo, I'd prefer you just keep the flow on 00:36:627 (7,8) - instead of reversing it and then reversing again on 00:36:790 (1) - no thanks
00:37:768 (4) - slidertail definitely more dominant here than the head, consider changing rhythm how come you only notice this now...
00:38:095 - Well... I wouldn't ignore this since there are vocals and a (rather silent) cymbal there in addition to being the downbeat I ignored it to mini highlight the piano one the slider end.
00:38:258 (1,3) - pretty minor but these aren't properly stacked d
00:38:747 (3) - well this goes against your most rhythm choices since you've prioritized kicks over other stuff in most places (Some which I don't really agree to since I found other sounds more important but you should try to be consistent here if that's the rhythm you chose) you don't know what I'm prioritizing, though to some degree you are actually correct, to the degree that requires an edit you are incorrect. This whole map is me trying to shove a bunch of strong beats onto slider ends. sometimes I don't and sometimes I do depending on the context.
00:39:073 (4) - Definitely would work better as 3/4 slider. Kinda funny that I haven't seen you using one after the one in the beginning (00:14:942 (4) - ) I think you missed the point again, I only do the 3/4 sliders in very select locations, and even then its questionable, I do not like extended sliders. because they will not fit my rhythm basis ever unless I used it like I did in the intro.
00:39:725 (2) - I don't really know what this is following since it's ignoring the vocals on red tick and a triple too this is me recognizing this section is going to change to another section so I semi change the rhythm basis while keeping the rhythm structure and complimenting the sounds around it
00:40:377 (4) - rhythm issues again no thanks
00:53:421 (5,6,1) - While technically this isn't wrong I just can't agree with this rhythm pattern choice here. It's really lacking in emphasis since it pretty much plays like 3 stacked 1/2 circles into a 1/2 slider. If you want to stack those make it a 5 note stream instead (Shouldn't be an issue since you had this in the beginning 00:09:399 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5) - ) or at least make it into jumps with the 1/4 sliders, and please make 00:53:747 (1) - into 2 circles. The sounds are pretty much begging for a jump here. I really think you should try on working on emphasizing stuff more since I've seen this kind of issues in many parts of the map. no thanks
00:54:236 (2,3,4,5,6) - Kinda lacking in emphasis since the vocals are getting higher in pitch and more intense especially at 00:54:725 (5,6) - already explain prior
00:56:192 (6,1) - Visual spacing here kinda stands out, could try to space them further for consistency its rotational symmetry around a centre, spacing is already pretty high
00:57:334 (4,5) - You were following the vocals so nicely until this so why suddenly change the rhythm here if you can explain how the hell 00:55:540 (2,3,4,5) - is following the vocals I might consider it
01:00:105 (7,1) - Definitely needs a bigger spacing here, it should be at least as big as 00:59:779 (6,7) - 1 is emphasized.
01:00:758 (2,3,4) - spacing gets kinda big here compared to before for seemingly no reason so maybe make it a bit smaller? double cymbal on 7,1 so i made 1 higher sv, to keep intensity relevant increased spacing to the triple.
01:01:410 (6,1) - Again kinda lacking in emphasis if you compare it to spacing like 01:00:268 (1,2) - 1 is emphasized.
01:03:855 (6) - random whistle here on the slidertail, I'd suggest making the end clickable anyway its not random, there is a strong sound that is not drums so I did whistle. also this reflects what I said before about rhythm
01:04:834 (3) - Missed a sound in the middle? I hear none when my hitsounds are off. its should be a somewhat lower density phrase regardless to reflect the intensity
01:06:627 (6,1) - again spacing could be better here if you compare to 01:06:138 (4,5) - kinda lack s in emphasis imo no thanks
01:07:605 (3,4,5) - the angle here looks a bit weird, maybe try to make it follow the curve of 5? no
01:10:703 (1,2) - could try to match the visual spacing with 01:09:888 (4,7) - the argument is over few pixels even though the latter example matches visual spacing afterwards
01:11:845 (6,1) - same as before about visual spacing ^
01:12:986 (4,5) - rhythm again, should be 1/2 slider imo for consistency with 01:12:008 (1,2,3) - same comment as before
01:18:692 (1,5) - instead of 1/2 sliders I think you could try some sort of jump pattern here both for more variety and better emphasis jumps are not my style, no thanks
01:20:486 (3,4,5) - Yeah kinda weird spacing change again since the song is getting more intense there is repetition, and the strongest note actually follows regular spacing emphasis this time......
01:24:236 (2,3,4,5,6) - I honestly don't think a linear pattern like this is properly capturing what the song is doing... no thanks
01:25:051 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Guitar doing cool stuff here, not nice to ignore it :/ (I like cool stuff - Pishifat) pishi is cute \o/ but no change
01:26:355 (1,3) - Pretty cool idea here I think you could try something like this more with your 01:26:355 (1) - shape sliders no thanks
01:27:171 (3,4,1) - Better spacing emphasis here than in most parts but I'd still adjust it a bit so 01:27:171 (3,4) - < 01:27:497 (4,1) - angles emphasize; no change
01:28:149 (2,3,4) - Pretty high spacing here again, also feels kinda isolated from the rest of the combo :/ what's suddenly wrong when i use spacing to reflect song intensity??
01:29:779 (5) - The decision to use a repeat here kinda kills the emphasis on the notes here but also on 01:30:105 (6) - which would deserve a bigger spacing imo anyway disagreed

Well I've modded up to first kiai and there's quite a big list of issues imo... To avoid wasting both of our time I'd suggest you to scan the rest of the map for similar issues since at least by a quick glance they are repeating later as well.
I'd be happy to remod this later but with the amount of issues on just the first third of the song I think it'd be more useful to mod this later on when you've already addressed the issues already mentioned as it would be more beneficial both for you and me you misunderstood the premise of the map
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
1,015 posts
Offline
lilligantEX wrote:
From modding queue
Sakura
00:09:399 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6) - since this and 04:10:703 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6) - are pretty much the same pattern, they should both have the same flow (such as both being circular instead of the first switching directions, or the other way around) the speed change that occurs at the new combo makes the direction not matter as much

02:07:279 (2) - this slider should follow circular flow actually it was supposed to create a different circle
Image

04:18:448 (8) - this circle should follow the curve of the next slider same as above
Image


sorry if its not that much i just couldn't find many things


ty xddd

really cool usage of pictures btw
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
522 posts
Offline
No kudosu yet.
bor wrote:
Metaku wrote:
bor4bor


Sakura

Some unsnapped kiai ends in the end of the song

00:10:540 (6) - I'd probably nc this for emphasis, also I think you could better emphasis it with a sharp angle rather than a linear flow from 00:10:051 (1,2,3,4,5) - I think the biggest issue here is the curve with 00:10:296 (4,5,6) - as 6 goes against the natural flow here so idk maybe a placement like this or smtng no thanks, flow has no meaning here
00:13:801 (2) - I think this note is too strong to be stacked under the sliderend I'm not actively following the sound that defines why you think this note is strong, therefor I disagree
00:15:268 (5,6,1) - Idk if just your style but a bit too tight curves for my taste, also 00:15:268 (5) - I think this could use a bit more spacing from 00:14:942 (4) - since it's a rather emphasized note spacing is for readability, its emphasized by forcing click alternating and changing direction.
00:16:247 (2,3,4,5) - If you want to use a linear pattern here I think you should have at least progressively increasing spacing since the pitch of the guitar is going up as well rhythm density is constant which adds strain so its ok
00:16:899 (6,7,1) - really emphasized stuff here, feels kinda bad to see it stacked the same way a lot weaker sounds on 00:14:453 (1,2,3) - its a triple why would i not keep distance close, also its not stacked either...
00:17:714 (3) - Yeah again I don't like stacking strong sounds on sliderends same as before
00:18:366 (1,2,3) - Could use some additional spacing... The slider leniency would easily allow it so no need to make strong sounds so cramped. As it is it plays ever weaker than just a triple would so kinda meh imo did you give the wrong link???
00:19:182 (5,6,7) - Here too would be nice to see something represent the pitch changes on guitar no thanks
00:19:752 (1) - I'd rather end it on 00:20:812 - where the guitar sound ends and add a circle for the vocal at 00:20:812 - if you feel like mapping it I set the spinner back a bit, not adding circle
00:21:953 (5) - Pretty interesting choice in both rhythm here... 00:22:279 - stands out more than the rest of the slider also you use a 1/2 + circle here despite being lot weaker 00:23:258 (6,7) - ? you don't get it
00:24:562 (5,1) - Again kinda counter-intuitive rhythm choice here, this time also on 00:25:051 (1) - since I'm quite sure majority would think the kick is more impacting than the echo kind of thing on the down beat
00:25:622 - idk if you missed the triple here or ignored on purpose, feels a bit weird since you mapped other weak triples too lmao I had to change some stuff to fix this mistake, good catch
00:26:355 (1,2,3) - Hmm might want to rework rhythm here. The first 2 objects indicate that you'd be following vocals but then you leave it on slider end on 3. Also I think the visuals on the pattern could be better, like utilising the blanket opportunites from 00:26:355 (1,3) - or trying to make an even triangle or something
00:29:779 (5) - I'll stop pointing these out, they are repeating so idk if you had some kind of reason for doing them but I can't figure it out
00:30:432 (2) - I think you could add another triple here since the guitar kinda stands out here despite being quite low pitch I don't here it.
00:31:410 (7) - Again I don't like this stacking here since the sounds are completely unrelated and the vocals are quite strong already mentioned
00:34:018 - feels kinda empty, could add something or change 00:33:692 (6) - into a circle and add a 1/2 slider here 00:33:855 - forgot triple d
00:35:486 (1) - Most of the there has been no strong sounds on placements like these but there are quite strong vocals here so it deserves more spacing imo again im not mapping to what you think I am
00:35:649 (2,6) - I get your following the kicks here but I'd argue that snares + vocals are stronger here I'm not following the kicks.
00:36:301 (6,7,8,1) - Too much flow changes here imo, I'd prefer you just keep the flow on 00:36:627 (7,8) - instead of reversing it and then reversing again on 00:36:790 (1) - no thanks
00:37:768 (4) - slidertail definitely more dominant here than the head, consider changing rhythm how come you only notice this now...
00:38:095 - Well... I wouldn't ignore this since there are vocals and a (rather silent) cymbal there in addition to being the downbeat I ignored it to mini highlight the piano one the slider end.
00:38:258 (1,3) - pretty minor but these aren't properly stacked d
00:38:747 (3) - well this goes against your most rhythm choices since you've prioritized kicks over other stuff in most places (Some which I don't really agree to since I found other sounds more important but you should try to be consistent here if that's the rhythm you chose) you don't know what I'm prioritizing, though to some degree you are actually correct, to the degree that requires an edit you are incorrect. This whole map is me trying to shove a bunch of strong beats onto slider ends. sometimes I don't and sometimes I do depending on the context.
00:39:073 (4) - Definitely would work better as 3/4 slider. Kinda funny that I haven't seen you using one after the one in the beginning (00:14:942 (4) - ) I think you missed the point again, I only do the 3/4 sliders in very select locations, and even then its questionable, I do not like extended sliders. because they will not fit my rhythm basis ever unless I used it like I did in the intro.
00:39:725 (2) - I don't really know what this is following since it's ignoring the vocals on red tick and a triple too this is me recognizing this section is going to change to another section so I semi change the rhythm basis while keeping the rhythm structure and complimenting the sounds around it
00:40:377 (4) - rhythm issues again no thanks
00:53:421 (5,6,1) - While technically this isn't wrong I just can't agree with this rhythm pattern choice here. It's really lacking in emphasis since it pretty much plays like 3 stacked 1/2 circles into a 1/2 slider. If you want to stack those make it a 5 note stream instead (Shouldn't be an issue since you had this in the beginning 00:09:399 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5) - ) or at least make it into jumps with the 1/4 sliders, and please make 00:53:747 (1) - into 2 circles. The sounds are pretty much begging for a jump here. I really think you should try on working on emphasizing stuff more since I've seen this kind of issues in many parts of the map. no thanks
00:54:236 (2,3,4,5,6) - Kinda lacking in emphasis since the vocals are getting higher in pitch and more intense especially at 00:54:725 (5,6) - already explain prior
00:56:192 (6,1) - Visual spacing here kinda stands out, could try to space them further for consistency its rotational symmetry around a centre, spacing is already pretty high
00:57:334 (4,5) - You were following the vocals so nicely until this so why suddenly change the rhythm here if you can explain how the hell 00:55:540 (2,3,4,5) - is following the vocals I might consider it
01:00:105 (7,1) - Definitely needs a bigger spacing here, it should be at least as big as 00:59:779 (6,7) - 1 is emphasized.
01:00:758 (2,3,4) - spacing gets kinda big here compared to before for seemingly no reason so maybe make it a bit smaller? double cymbal on 7,1 so i made 1 higher sv, to keep intensity relevant increased spacing to the triple.
01:01:410 (6,1) - Again kinda lacking in emphasis if you compare it to spacing like 01:00:268 (1,2) - 1 is emphasized.
01:03:855 (6) - random whistle here on the slidertail, I'd suggest making the end clickable anyway its not random, there is a strong sound that is not drums so I did whistle. also this reflects what I said before about rhythm
01:04:834 (3) - Missed a sound in the middle? I hear none when my hitsounds are off. its should be a somewhat lower density phrase regardless to reflect the intensity
01:06:627 (6,1) - again spacing could be better here if you compare to 01:06:138 (4,5) - kinda lack s in emphasis imo no thanks
01:07:605 (3,4,5) - the angle here looks a bit weird, maybe try to make it follow the curve of 5? no
01:10:703 (1,2) - could try to match the visual spacing with 01:09:888 (4,7) - the argument is over few pixels even though the latter example matches visual spacing afterwards
01:11:845 (6,1) - same as before about visual spacing ^
01:12:986 (4,5) - rhythm again, should be 1/2 slider imo for consistency with 01:12:008 (1,2,3) - same comment as before
01:18:692 (1,5) - instead of 1/2 sliders I think you could try some sort of jump pattern here both for more variety and better emphasis jumps are not my style, no thanks
01:20:486 (3,4,5) - Yeah kinda weird spacing change again since the song is getting more intense there is repetition, and the strongest note actually follows regular spacing emphasis this time......
01:24:236 (2,3,4,5,6) - I honestly don't think a linear pattern like this is properly capturing what the song is doing... no thanks
01:25:051 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Guitar doing cool stuff here, not nice to ignore it :/ (I like cool stuff - Pishifat) pishi is cute \o/ but no change
01:26:355 (1,3) - Pretty cool idea here I think you could try something like this more with your 01:26:355 (1) - shape sliders no thanks
01:27:171 (3,4,1) - Better spacing emphasis here than in most parts but I'd still adjust it a bit so 01:27:171 (3,4) - < 01:27:497 (4,1) - angles emphasize; no change
01:28:149 (2,3,4) - Pretty high spacing here again, also feels kinda isolated from the rest of the combo :/ what's suddenly wrong when i use spacing to reflect song intensity??
01:29:779 (5) - The decision to use a repeat here kinda kills the emphasis on the notes here but also on 01:30:105 (6) - which would deserve a bigger spacing imo anyway disagreed

Well I've modded up to first kiai and there's quite a big list of issues imo... To avoid wasting both of our time I'd suggest you to scan the rest of the map for similar issues since at least by a quick glance they are repeating later as well.
I'd be happy to remod this later but with the amount of issues on just the first third of the song I think it'd be more useful to mod this later on when you've already addressed the issues already mentioned as it would be more beneficial both for you and me you misunderstood the premise of the map


Hmm well seems I did misunderstand your way of mapping in majority of places then. I mean ofc your are not obligated to but I'd like to hear what was the concept behind the map to better understand it since comments like "no thanks" "you misunderstood the premise of the map" " you don't get it" don't actually help me to understand the map better. When reading a reply to my mod I'd expect you to correct me if I misunderstood something and explain your reasoning behind your choices.

Regardless I don't know If I sounded rude on my mod but based on your reply to it... Well if I offended you in anyway I have to aplogize for that.
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
1,015 posts
Offline
I just say "no thanks" or something like that when there aren't any issues pointed out and I don't feel like changing to the suggestion made

A lot of things you pointed out are quite similar in why you "should" have pointed them out, in which case I would just have the same long reason as to why I will not be changing it. If there are things you find issues with and need more explanation for please point them out and be more descriptive as to why you find an issue with them and we can discuss.

also I didn't mean to sound rude I was just super lazy and didn't want to spam explain on anything in particular
This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
Reply 37 posts jump | 1, 2, 3  next

Users browsing this forum: None


Jump to: