forum

How do I find good songs to map?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
IgFlaming
Hey, I'm not usually active in the forums, but I think I should try to ask for some help :/

Where do you guys get the songs from your beatmaps? I usually just think of a song I like that isn't that famous and pray god it isn't alreay mapped (I don't want to map an already mapped song, there is no point on it) but I also wish I could discover new music and make maps with unknown artists (I do the same in Geometry Dash)

I tried the "Go to newgrounds or soundcloud and search until you find something good" technice but it hasn't really worked, most of the songs there are really slow pased or repetitive, or just don't give me any ideas.
Tshemmp
I personally only map songs I really love and enjoy listening to because while editing the map you will have to listen to it again and again and again and...oh yes, again, so you better not pick a song you can't listen to more than 20 times. So just map your favorite songs.
On how to find songs though, I discovered most of the songs I mapped either to genre specific youtube channels, YT video background music in general, twitch streams, browsing albums of artists I like, radio (lol), video games, friends, and other bad osu! maps where I thought "this song deserves a better map".
Zard0Z
If you like it, map it.
Funginoke
a
YoshiChen
Anything that has a good rhythm and that you enjoy listening to would be an ideal song. Depending on your mapping level you can adjust the length of the map or just find a map with your specific ideal time.

TLDR: Map what you like :)
Leonlxrd
if you like electronic dubstep drumcore future bass future core edm ect music you can find some on this channels :
-Nightblue Music
-cold kiss sound
-MikuMusicNetwork & Records
-ΣDMS
Everett
Check out some of the featured artists.