forum

[Archived] how to change the logo pop up on osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iniminiminimo
when ever I open osu a small box with the osu logo pops up, I want to change it or at least fix it so it doesn't have a white border on it, it bothers me so much. almost like the Png didn't work or something. Ive looked all over the files in osu but can't seem to find it anywhere. Please do let me know if there is a way to change it or even fix it.
Thanks for reading!
Pawsu
I could be wrong, but did you mean osu! opens up in the corner? Like this?
Lyawi
You only can change the osu! logo in the pause- or failmenu, the file name is "menu-osu" for that. You're not able to change the osu! logo in the main screen/menu (it's possible but not allowed!).
Dntm8kmeeatu
I think they are talking about the splash image that's shown when launching.

It should be a proper png. Do you have Aero theme enabled?

I've noticed some odd behaviour with certain programs / whatnot in the background of the splash.
Topic Starter
iniminiminimo
Dntm8kmeeatu that is what im talking about, i was gonna show a pic but dunno know how..
Dntm8kmeeatu

Lizzie_101 wrote:

Dntm8kmeeatu that is what im talking about, i was gonna show a pic but dunno know how..
Yeah, Pretty sure you cannot change the Splash Image. I wouldn't try either.

As for if it's not working properly, see above points I made.
Topic Starter
iniminiminimo
I don't know what Aero theme is...
Lyawi

Lizzie_101 wrote:

Windows Aero
Topic Starter
iniminiminimo

Lyawi wrote:

Lizzie_101 wrote:

Windows Aero
not useing windows
Coolpersoncool
why is it bannable tho
Jason X
First of: Please don't post on older threads.
If you got a problem or question make a new post in the Help forum, then link to older/similar topics as a reference to your problem/question.

But to answer your question,
1: In order to change the osu logo one wouldhave to edit internal osu files, and this is not allowed without explicit permission from peppy
2: Copyright, the osu logo, shown on the "cookie", is now allowed to be modified in any form or way, as stated here: wiki/en/Brand_identity_guidelines#cookie-usage-restrictions