forum

Thousand Leaves - Kissing the Tears

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 28. toukokuuta 2018 at 9:19:46

Artist: Thousand Leaves
Title: Kissing the Tears
Source: 東方地霊殿 ~ Subterranean Animism.
Tags: 東方 Touhou Project Bach ハートフェルトファンシー Heartfelt Fancy Blind Night Sorrow ZUN metal instrumental guitar solo comiket 77
BPM: 180
Filesize: 9693kb
Play Time: 05:43
Difficulties Available:
  1. Acquiescence (6,31 stars, 2584 notes)
Download: Thousand Leaves - Kissing the Tears
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
In the solo, 1/6 marked with purplish red combo color and lower spacing
Re-download as of 17/3/2017, BG updated and mp3 updated (provided by GoldenWolf)
Re-download as of 28/3/2017, hitsounds fixed (by GoldenWolf)
Updated BG again 4/30/2018, re-download ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Metadata
Alheak
Hello, from our modding queue

1. Apparently now we have to put the actual game in which the song is from in the source field, so in this case 東方地霊殿 ~ Subterranean Animism
  2. Unless you have a good reason, OD8.9 is unnecessarily specific, you should probably round it up to 9
  3. Would be great to have a 1920x1200 bg and 192kbps mp3 if you can get those
  4. blanket-based aesthetics can be great, but be careful not to pack your objects too tightly, you could prevent a lot a of small unnecessary overlaps
  5. 04:00:384 (4,1,2) - the largest spacing should be between (4,1), not (1,2) since (1) is emphasized, and even if (2) has a higher pitch, it doesn't have the crash on it and doesn't play on a downbeat, it's a bit unintuitive
  6. 04:05:134 (1) - i think you could rework this shape a bit, especially since your other sliders are quite nice
    don't hesitate to add lots of anchor points to have more control over it, even red ones, they don't have to be used strictly for sharp angles
  7. 04:41:801 (1) - ^
  8. 04:54:467 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - even if the guitar is not playing very precisely, those are not snapped correctly, the rhythm here is more like this:
    Also just a suggestion but since you're no longer following the guitar on 04:57:801 (1) - , it could be a good idea to map the drums first and the guitar passively as slider ends for the transition:
Rest seems fine to me, quality map and consistent

Good luck!
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

Alheak wrote:

Hello, from our modding queue

1. Apparently now we have to put the actual game in which the song is from in the source field, so in this case 東方地霊殿 ~ Subterranean Animism okay
  2. Unless you have a good reason, OD8.9 is unnecessarily specific, you should probably round it up to 9 true I guess
  3. Would be great to have a 1920x1200 bg and 192kbps mp3 if you can get those bg is just matter of searching or not, couldn't find 1920x1200 for this one, used 1920x1080 instead but tbh I don't know about that mp3, for that matter I don't even know what bitrate my current one is. Since imo this doesn't sound that terrible I'm gonna postpone this and see if it's needed later on (with perhaps more comments about it)
  4. blanket-based aesthetics can be great, but be careful not to pack your objects too tightly, you could prevent a lot a of small unnecessary overlaps Going through this I don't think there's lot of unnecessary overlaps; for that matter unnecessary is heavily opinionated word. Most of overlaps here are not accidental anyways, and prob the only one slightly bothering me is 05:40:301 (2,3,1,2) - but it's necessary for the pattern made there and in the end isn't really terrible. For the too tight placing, I actually already made some changes earlier to those calmer sections with small spacing, made the have the same spacing compared to the calmer section preceding the solo (lining up with the first and smallest spacing in that section). I don't feel like any other parts really suffer from too tight object placement, atleast not unintended.
  5. 04:00:384 (4,1,2) - the largest spacing should be between (4,1), not (1,2) since (1) is emphasized, and even if (2) has a higher pitch, it doesn't have the crash on it and doesn't play on a downbeat, it's a bit unintuitive while that's commonly rational, I'm strictly following the guitar here. All distance changes are smooth (thus you can see there's not emphasis at all meant for the important drum beats whatsoever for example, that would break the spacing system in this section) it just happens that there's cymbal at the "highest" point of that section. Tho nevertheless what you say makes sense since for casual listener it's pretty hard to distinguish if the highest pitch is even on the 2nd one of the white tick.So made some lil changes
  6. 04:05:134 (1) - i think you could rework this shape a bit, especially since your other sliders are quite nice
    don't hesitate to add lots of anchor points to have more control over it, even red ones, they don't have to be used strictly for sharp angles
  7. 04:41:801 (1) - ^ I'll see what I can do with this,for the upper one I don't really see what I could improve while stilll maintaining this current slider, the curves are smooth and it lines up with the surrounding objects. Tbh the space is pretty limited on the latter one too, making large scale changes impossible to execute while maintaining the relationship with the surrounding objects. Tried to make it smoother anyways
  8. 04:54:467 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - even if the guitar is not playing very precisely, those are not snapped correctly, the rhythm here is more like this: Agree they are not snapped correclty. Neither are yours. The guitar is actually accelerating slightly, first landing somewhere randomly late, snappable with smth like 1/16, the next couple iterations make mostly sense using your rhythm there, but then it has picked up the pace more so that it fits more what I have here mapped currently. Why I have 1/3 based rhythms is because that way the distances are equal, making it more logical to play. Tho having that 3/4+3/4+1/2 rhythm sounds imo better too and makes more sense to what the guitarist feels like playing (pretty common rhythm choice tbh) so testing it for now, dunno how well it reads or plays
    Also just a suggestion but since you're no longer following the guitar on 04:57:801 (1) - , it could be a good idea to map the drums first and the guitar passively as slider ends for the transition: Not bad idea tbh, but it would make the pattern unnecessarily messy for the kind of section it's supposed to be, losing the build-up emphasis the simplistic pattern is supposed to have. No changes
Rest seems fine to me, quality map and consistent

Good luck!
Thanks for the mod!
GoldenWolf
Heyo this is late week surprise mod

Here is a 5120x2880 version of your background, I'll let you crop and resize as you see fit.
The first redline at 00:00:135 - is not actually needed so you can delete it.
Your current mp3 is 152kbps, but also is variable bitrate which is really, really not recommended to use for osu!, or any rhythm game for that matter since variable birates causes noticeable offset shifts throughout the song. Here is a 192kbps with constant bitrate version of your mp3. Make sure to use 369 as offset for this mp3 aswell (Again, the redline for the first 5 notes is not needed, you can use objects before the first redline).
It seems that some of the custom hitsounds you're using have a slight delay of 6 and 10ms, since hitsounds have to have no delay, here are the fixed versions:
normal-hitfinish.wav
normal-hitclap.wav

So, considering the relatively close spacing and some really tight blankets, I would actually recommend using CS 4.2. It doesn't increase the difficulty noticeably, but does make the blankets look much better in my opinion.

00:15:868 (5,6,1) - I don't wanna point out every bad stack or blankets because that's not that helpful, so here's one example and I'd suggest you to go through your map and fix the ones you can find. That's mostly just polishing though, altough there are some that could really use that (00:34:202 (5,6,7) - 02:35:535 (5,6,1) - ).

The map is otherwise really consistent and doesn't have any major gimmick or confusing patterns (aside from the solo and its 1/6s as I will cover below), so there won't be much else to point out.

Onto the main part of the mod now

I have no issue with using 1/6s if the song has them, neither with using combo color to tell which are which. But, the current issue is that you can't really entirely rely on the red combo color for the 1/6s since you already use it throughout the map on choruses and even for slowdowns. That makes it quite ineffective to use in the solo to tell 1/6s apart from 1/4s. Altough they are less spaced than 1/4s, the difference is not enough to accurately tell before you're already playing it. Since the intent behind your coloring was to tell the player there is a 1/6 before they have to play it, well, it kinda fails here.
I highly recommend using even less spacing for the 1/6s. It doesn't really add much to have them as closely spaced from the 1/4s as they currently are, it just makes them confusing to read when the overall structure and intent of the map really doesn't seem to go in that direction. Even more so when there are no 1/6s before the 4th minute, so no way to prepare the player for them beforehand.

Onto some the 1/6s you missed, and other mishaps.
03:55:368 (1) - This is a 1/6.
04:02:368 (1,2) - I think you could use 1/4 kicksliders here, since they are note on the blue ticks.
04:03:202 (3,4) - This is also a 1/6.
04:05:702 (1,2) - For what it's worth, this should be a 1/3. The attack of the second note comes kinda late, but it's still far from being snapped onto the redtick. I'd say it should be snapped as a 3/8, which sounds closed to what the guitarist is actually doing.
04:08:035 (1,2) - This is a 1/6 too.
04:08:952 (3,1,2) - Another interesting case where there are 3 notes starting from the first blue tick and before the second one (So 4 notes total from one blue tick to another), which is effectively a 1/6 starting on a blue tick. I'd suggest using a repeat slider like this so the player starts the next stream on the main finger again. Or I guess you could also just ignore it since it is a bit iffy to play in any case.
04:10:368 (1) - It would probably be a good idea to use a different combo color like white for this slowdown slider.
04:15:035 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Probably not a good idea to use the red combo color on 1/4s while you're still in the solo. I'd say use the orange one and then the red for the repeat sliders, just so the player doesn't misread it as a 1/6s.
04:46:702 (1,1) - It is quite unintuitive. You could just make the slider a 1/1 to still fully emphasize the held note, but also to have the stream start on the expected tick. There is not strong enough sound on the white tick to warrant it to be clicked at all cost either. Same goes for 04:52:035 (1,1) - this one.
04:51:035 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Considering you used longer sliders for held guitar notes, you could do that here too. Those circles feel like fillers currently.
04:54:368 (1,2,3) - So, I know the guitar isn't very accurate in this section, but those are clearly 4 notes on 1/2 snapping. This one isn't up for debate. The rest is kinda iffy, but it mostly fit on 3/4 snapping. 1/3 is too early for most of them. Also 04:57:035 (1) - this one is completely off by 40ms, can't do much about it without fixing the mp3. A redline wouldn't help much either since it's one really off isolated note.

Anyway, that's it for me. Good luck!
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry
GoldenWolf's mod

GoldenWolf wrote:

Heyo this is late week surprise mod Heyo this is a late week surprise mod-answer

Here is a 5120x2880 version of your background, I'll let you crop and resize as you see fit. Did some improvements with this, TLDR Komeiji's head is now fully visible lol
The first redline at 00:00:135 - is not actually needed so you can delete it. done
Your current mp3 is 152kbps, but also is variable bitrate which is really, really not recommended to use for osu!, or any rhythm game for that matter since variable birates causes noticeable offset shifts throughout the song. Here is a 192kbps with constant bitrate version of your mp3. Make sure to use 369 as offset for this mp3 aswell (Again, the redline for the first 5 notes is not needed, you can use objects before the first redline). done, thank you
It seems that some of the custom hitsounds you're using have a slight delay of 6 and 10ms, since hitsounds have to have no delay, here are the fixed versions:
normal-hitfinish.wav
normal-hitclap.wav
loading doesn't work? Maybe it's my shitty internet at it again

So, considering the relatively close spacing and some really tight blankets, I would actually recommend using CS 4.2. It doesn't increase the difficulty noticeably, but does make the blankets look much better in my opinion. true, changed

00:15:868 (5,6,1) - I don't wanna point out every bad stack or blankets because that's not that helpful, so here's one example and I'd suggest you to go through your map and fix the ones you can find. That's mostly just polishing though, altough there are some that could really use that (00:34:202 (5,6,7) - 02:35:535 (5,6,1) - ). Since I'll be going through this multiple times in the future too, fixing things whenever I find something, didn't use that much time now. I'm pretty sure there can atleast be several triplets in the need of fixing due how the system fucks em up when rotating, although I already fixed stuff while mapping

The map is otherwise really consistent and doesn't have any major gimmick or confusing patterns (aside from the solo and its 1/6s as I will cover below), so there won't be much else to point out.

Onto the main part of the mod now

I have no issue with using 1/6s if the song has them, neither with using combo color to tell which are which. But, the current issue is that you can't really entirely rely on the red combo color for the 1/6s since you already use it throughout the map on choruses and even for slowdowns. That makes it quite ineffective to use in the solo to tell 1/6s apart from 1/4s. Altough they are less spaced than 1/4s, the difference is not enough to accurately tell before you're already playing it. Since the intent behind your coloring was to tell the player there is a 1/6 before they have to play it, well, it kinda fails here.
I highly recommend using even less spacing for the 1/6s. It doesn't really add much to have them as closely spaced from the 1/4s as they currently are, it just makes them confusing to read when the overall structure and intent of the map really doesn't seem to go in that direction. Even more so when there are no 1/6s before the 4th minute, so no way to prepare the player for them beforehand. Added new reddish combo color for the 1/6 parts, used the current red same way as currently (except not in the solo for the 1/6 anymore obviously). For the spacing I'm not going to do any changes yet (since it's going to be pretty difficult to do due the strict structure) but I'll wait if I get some good player opinions. I'll probably slightly lower 1/6 and slighlty increase the 1/4 around it so the contrast is bigger and the changes negate themselves structure wise. For that matter comparing the spacing to any other than the surrounding spacings will just fuck things up since for 1/4 the solo contains very wide variety of spacings. Important is the clear contrast at the specific moment where the change happens.

Onto some the 1/6s you missed, and other mishaps.
03:55:368 (1) - This is a 1/6. No it's not. It's just slightly off-timed (too fast) 1/4. You can hear there's only 4 sounds during 03:55:368 (1,2) - tho slightly faster than the tempo. It resets with the next 1/6 03:55:702 (1,2,3) - (as in the guitarist is taking lil space for himself for the faster parts)
04:02:368 (1,2) - I think you could use 1/4 kicksliders here, since they are note on the blue ticks. Actually there isn't, it's just that due the nature of the shredding here, it also produces "sound" when the guitarist stops the previous sound. Thought I guess kicksliders would still be cool so implemented.
04:03:202 (3,4) - This is also a 1/6. No it's not. Similarly to earlier, guitarist is just slightly fluctuating. The amount of notes played is still 8 for 04:03:035 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -
04:05:702 (1,2) - For what it's worth, this should be a 1/3. The attack of the second note comes kinda late, but it's still far from being snapped onto the redtick. I'd say it should be snapped as a 3/8, which sounds closed to what the guitarist is actually doing. Doesn't snap with that either, it's too early and the actual sound comes clearly after the osu!tick sound with that snapping as well. I agree the guitar sound comes slightly before the red tick it's currently snapped, but on the other hand it starts out weak, and player percieves the sound only after it's slightly stronger (more like, where it's at its strongest) and that ofc is then slightly later. It would prob be snappable using smth like 1/16, but I don't think it's necessary when there's clear supporting drum sound at the red tick as well. For 04:05:952 (2) - then, it's actually pretty well snapped this way and makes most sense too. No changes
04:08:035 (1,2) - This is a 1/6 too. No it's not. As above explained somewhere ^ Tho so far the most unpleasant place, as in the guitarist is basically playing at the speed of about 5 notes for 04:08:035 (1,2,3,4) - to get some space to then shit out the longer 1/6 lol
04:08:952 (3,1,2) - Another interesting case where there are 3 notes starting from the first blue tick and before the second one (So 4 notes total from one blue tick to another), which is effectively a 1/6 starting on a blue tick. I'd suggest using a repeat slider like this so the player starts the next stream on the main finger again. Or I guess you could also just ignore it since it is a bit iffy to play in any case. Yeah while the amount of notes, as in above cases as well, is 10 for 04:08:868 (2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - which would then logically be 1/4, the guitarist is fluctuating between something like 1/6 and 1/3. Tho basically he's just beginning 04:09:035 (1) - way too early and then playing 04:09:035 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - slighly slower than the tempo so that it begins to line, but so that he still has little extra time for 04:09:702 (1,2,3) - where as you can hear he begins little earlier than 04:09:702 (1) -
04:10:368 (1) - It would probably be a good idea to use a different combo color like white for this slowdown slider. Implemented this along the additive combo color. Tho to maintain the order, I used grey for this and white for 04:11:035 (1) -
04:15:035 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Probably not a good idea to use the red combo color on 1/4s while you're still in the solo. I'd say use the orange one and then the red for the repeat sliders, just so the player doesn't misread it as a 1/6s. While I see no way they would misread them when they have like triple the spacing of every 1/6 in the map, but due the additive combo color this is fixed anyways.
04:46:702 (1,1) - It is quite unintuitive. You could just make the slider a 1/1 to still fully emphasize the held note, but also to have the stream start on the expected tick. There is not strong enough sound on the white tick to warrant it to be clicked at all cost either. Same goes for 04:52:035 (1,1) - this one. I see no reason. The sound at the white tick is actually very strong compared to the following ones, not only guitar clearly emphasising it after the held note rising the tension but it also has distinct drum sound there. For that matter, imo this way it also plays better. Same drill with the other, where the perhaps confusing slightly different spacing is negated with the fact that the player is already familiar with the pattern.
04:51:035 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Considering you used longer sliders for held guitar notes, you could do that here too. Those circles feel like fillers currently. Spamming slow sliders there when the music is still rolling on would make it lame instead of creating the desired effect the decent usage of them is supposed to implement. For that matter I don't see how they are fillers when I clearly followed the rhythm guitar playing which has three-note-oriented patterning there, thus triangles
04:54:368 (1,2,3) - So, I know the guitar isn't very accurate in this section, but those are clearly 4 notes on 1/2 snapping. This one isn't up for debate. The rest is kinda iffy, but it mostly fit on 3/4 snapping. 1/3 is too early for most of them. Also 04:57:035 (1) - this one is completely off by 40ms, can't do much about it without fixing the mp3. A redline wouldn't help much either since it's one really off isolated note. Yeah agree on most things here. For that matter, I already discussed this in my answer to Alheak's mod and I don't know why I still have them 1/3, I'm pretty sure I already uploaded changes. Nevertheless changes inc here. However, while I agree that there are clearly 4 1/2 notes at 04:54:368 (1,2,3) - you should note that the lead guitar im following does not have those. All instruments cover 04:54:368 (1) - but at 04:54:535 - there's only rhythm guitars and drums, neither of which I'm following. Lead guitar then continues somewhere with retarded snapping, but from 04:55:035 (1) - on as you said it would make sense with the 3/4 patterning (I was supposed to have already). Thus rest of the notes 3/4 patterning implemented. For the first one I'm gonna use the same 3/4 for now, since while there are sounds, mapping them here would then make the next 3/4 hella confusing due the 1/2 before it. And for the player the rhythm feels logical this way anyways even though it's not perfectly snapped.

Anyway, that's it for me. Good luck!
Since going through this will prob take some time, which I unfortunately don't have at the moment or this weekend for that matter, I'll do this some day next week (hopefully). I'll kudosu your comment when I'm done so you know when to check what I said. For now, thanks for the mod! done
Thanks for the mod!
If you would try to re-upload the fixed hitsounds or something I would appreciate it. If not, I can just try fix 'em myself then
GoldenWolf
Ah yes that's a bug happening with puush, CTRL+S on the page and it should work.
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

GoldenWolf wrote:

Ah yes that's a bug happening with puush, CTRL+S on the page and it should work.
Yeah got it now, thank you! In all honesty tho, why didn't I just test that before asking lol
Mir
Hi, M4M return.

[ Acquiesience]
  1. 00:12:702 (2,4) - I don't think these were so close to each other beforehand, consider spacing them out more.
  2. 00:14:035 (2,4) - Suddenly stacked? Gonna stop mentioning your placement of these now since it seems kinda random depending on how much space you have. Pattern is okay but kind of repetitive to play for so long and gets kind of boring to the player too though so consider variation a bit.
  3. 00:20:368 (1,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1) - Forcing everything to blanket makes this look very cramped and untidy.
  4. 00:40:035 - No kickslider for the melody?
  5. 00:43:035 - From here you just start ignoring the melody with the kicksliders when before you would have mapped kicks where there was a melody note. Also to keep the rhythm somewhat constant as the song suggests you can make 00:48:368 - kicksliders.
  6. 00:53:702 - I really don't like the jump spam. It's boring and repetitive and just because the song is repetitive and boring doesn't mean you have to make the map like that too. Maybe add some new patterning instead of the same one for 20 seconds. Also 01:06:535 (6,8) - are very hard to read stacked perfectly. I suggest offstacking the latter in every case. I won't mention anything about kiais again because they're all the same and that alone should say something about how interesting you make the map.
  7. 01:36:368 - The above points still apply to the area before this timestamp. After this timestamp the patterning becomes SUPER cramped like it's just.. you don't even have to move to hit a lot of this area and that brings the map's difficulty consistency down a lot and makes for massive diffspikes that could be avoided had you mapped this part with more spacing.
  8. 03:33:702 - Okay continuing from here because the rest of my mod applies to the whole map essentially. Again spacing is too low, the only SR you're getting is from your jump-spam kiais and your streams.
  9. 03:56:035 - Would be cool to continue using the kicksliders to emphasize noteable guitar sounds like you did with 03:55:368 (1,2,1). It literally seems like you just dropped the idea a couple of notes in.
  10. 04:16:368 - These streams change direction way too often and it becomes unnecessarily difficult to stay on them. I recommend changing direction every time the guitar changes pitch so 04:17:702 - 04:19:035 - basically every downbeat. And then I suggest that you please put some hold reverses because streaming 180 bpm constantly for this whole kiai is so difficult. Even Blue Zenith has kicksliders and reverses to give some sort of respite to the player. You're demanding a little too much imo.
  11. 04:42:452 - Skipping this note? It's a really noticeable guitar.
  12. 04:37:702 (1,2) - Having these skip so many beats for a longer guitar note brings down intensity extremely far and since there's a lot more interesting things going on in the song it feels empty to just hold this one note. I get that it's a strong note but it's really not fun to just hold sliders when there's more stuff going on in the song here. You can emphasize it still with shorter 1/1 sliders but not these super long ones.
  13. 04:47:701 (1,2,3) - Could be misread as a streamjump. Consider NCing 2 or something.
  14. 04:53:702 (1,2,1,2,3) - This polarity switch doesn't work at all because the gap from 04:53:702 (1,2) - is smaller than the gap you're changing polarity to fit with. Removing 04:54:202 (2) - would work or making a reverse on the first 04:54:368 (1,2,3) - would do the trick as well.

Nothing much else to say for me at least since the map needs a lot of work fundamentally and it's currently lacking a lot at least in my eyes from reaching a rankable state. I don't mean this in a bad way since we've all been there lol, so no hard feelings I hope. Good luck.~
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

Mir wrote:

Hi, M4M return.

[ Acquiesience]
  1. 00:12:702 (2,4) - I don't think these were so close to each other beforehand, consider spacing them out more. I don't know what you mean not being so close to each other beforehand. These ones have always been like this and I don't think you can mean preceding patterns either due smth like 00:02:035 (2,4) - so don't really know what you are basing that assumption on. This beginning section is built upon patterns where the passage from slider to circle is always the same while the passage from the circle to the next slider (and the next similar pattern) is revolving. Similarly from slider to slider too when the phrase changes. No changes atleast now
  2. 00:14:035 (2,4) - Suddenly stacked? Gonna stop mentioning your placement of these now since it seems kinda random depending on how much space you have. Pattern is okay but kind of repetitive to play for so long and gets kind of boring to the player too though so consider variation a bit. Pattern idea above. Kinda contrary to your comment about boring, the idea of changing the angle and distance (and thus also how the circles of these patterns are placed compared to each other like stacked or not and shit) is not only to utilize space but also bring slight variety while still using the same idea. Like, I don't know if people's attention spans are just so short or what, but I can't understand how you can get bored in 20 seconds even if the pattern would be the exact same (which it even isn't here). If the music is distinctly same all the time, hell yeah I'll map it distinctly same (unless it spans on so long that the overall thematical arc of the music demands changes). This is only a single riff here.
  3. 00:20:368 (1,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1) - Forcing everything to blanket makes this look very cramped and untidy. I agree that I kinda tend to force way too many blankets. On the other hand, I don't see how that is a problem here. Most of the objects are located in time so that they aren't appearing in the screen at the same time, not really even in the editor. Doesn't thus really feel cramped imo
  4. 00:40:035 - No kickslider for the melody? True, added, tho gotta note that it's not really that strictly kickslider for melody, only because there are sounds to support it. Thus since there were also sounds at this place, applied kicksliders to all these locations as well
  5. 00:43:035 - From here you just start ignoring the melody with the kicksliders when before you would have mapped kicks where there was a melody note. Also to keep the rhythm somewhat constant as the song suggests you can make 00:48:368 - kicksliders. Okay so I feel like you have misunderstood something here. I'm not following the melody all the time. More like, most of the time. What I am following most of the time is the rhythm guitar and the drums combined. Basically, I'm mapping all of the drums and most of the rhythm guitars and patterning them with circles and kicksliders so that when there's both drums and rhythm guitars or alternatively distinct rhythm guitar 1/4 such as 00:45:952 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - I'm following it with circles. As in, the parts where there are drum hits but not rhythm guitars I'll map kickslider instead. For the melody however then. The melody begins in all of these section (like, these sections are basically identical musically and very much identical in my map throughout the whole map) with longer sounds which are kinda like in symphonical metal synths would be: atmosphere, not main engine. They are the melody, sure, but they are not bringing to the table the interesting things, the things that are constantly doing something different. I sure could follow the occasional sounds the melody guitar is making, but it wouldn't really work since it would just be random jump away from the emphasis structure I'm using for the most of the part. Then, as you can see, places such as 00:49:035 (1,2,3) - the melody is actually doing something more than one sound and I'm following it. Then it continues having sounds more often for 00:49:702 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1) - which I then keep emphasising (except not that one then for stupid reason lul). Then the fill comes and the drill starts again.
  6. 00:53:702 - I really don't like the jump spam. It's boring and repetitive and just because the song is repetitive and boring doesn't mean you have to make the map like that too. Maybe add some new patterning instead of the same one for 20 seconds. Also 01:06:535 (6,8) - are very hard to read stacked perfectly. I suggest offstacking the latter in every case. I won't mention anything about kiais again because they're all the same and that alone should say something about how interesting you make the map. First of all, I don't think being "the same" is bad. Sure copy-pasting 20 secs is going to suck, but what I've done here (and during the whole map basically) is using same pattern again, differently. Granted due using DS in the kiai jumps the difficulty also ends up the same. Nevertheless, the patterns always changed angle and usually also direction. Like, if I'd have 2 streams of about the same DS going to different direction during the similar section at different parts of the map you wouldn't bat an eye, but because it's jumps using DS it's boring and repetitive. How so? I don't think accurately replicating the musical expression time after time is inferior to somewhat haphazardly using jumps just to apply variation. For the reading part I don't actually know, I don't think it's "very hard to read"but I'll hopefully get some good players testplay opinions on stuff eventually and that'll help clear stuff like that.
  7. 01:36:368 - The above points still apply to the area before this timestamp. After this timestamp the patterning becomes SUPER cramped like it's just.. you don't even have to move to hit a lot of this area and that brings the map's difficulty consistency down a lot and makes for massive diffspikes that could be avoided had you mapped this part with more spacing. Difficulty consistency isn't really intrinsic value, even tho the hate for diffspikes has really brought us into that point. Main point is to have consistent difficulty in comparison to the music imo. And thus since what we have here is clearly calmer section, so is the map. Arguably the spacing can be slightly too low (and if so deemed it's then going to get buffed slightly (again)), but nevertheless it's never going to so much up that "diffspikes" wouldn't exist here. The point here is to have strong contrast since that's what the music has.
  8. 03:33:702 - Okay continuing from here because the rest of my mod applies to the whole map essentially. Again spacing is too low, the only SR you're getting is from your jump-spam kiais and your streams. Well perhaps the only SR I'm getting is from the jump spams (kiais) and streams (you prob mean solo), when those are the most intense section in the song, lol? Read as above. For that matter, I don't really deem SR relevant anyways here (approval map and no need to think about spread) and thus my main goal is to express the music.
  9. 03:56:035 - Would be cool to continue using the kicksliders to emphasize noteable guitar sounds like you did with 03:55:368 (1,2,1). It literally seems like you just dropped the idea a couple of notes in. Lol yeah agree with the feel now that you said it, but those sliders are not meant to emphasize guitar, they are meant to help the player with the 1/6 (every 1/6 is atleast followed with a slider, sometimes also preceded). Thus I see no reason to continue with it (except ofc with the later 1/6, as it is done)
  10. 04:16:368 - These streams change direction way too often and it becomes unnecessarily difficult to stay on them. I recommend changing direction every time the guitar changes pitch so 04:17:702 - 04:19:035 - basically every downbeat. And then I suggest that you please put some hold reverses because streaming 180 bpm constantly for this whole kiai is so difficult. Even Blue Zenith has kicksliders and reverses to give some sort of respite to the player. You're demanding a little too much imo. First for the direction change. That's not really bad idea, but emphasis-wise heavy drum hits every beat make more sense, and for that matter, while the guitar's bigger pitch change occurs like, once in a measure, the emphasis of the guitar is also heavily on every beat, repeating the same pattern 4 times before the pitch change (and also more emphasis with the fluctuation in volume every beat). Then for the length, it's "only" 134 circles (7 and half measures) if you can say so lol. It's not like there aren't even longer streams on maps, even some on maps of lower difficulty (like hell, even I can stream that long just can't aim this stream) so the length isn't really that big of an problem. And that's not the point here. First of all, if it's the music, it's the music. It's basically the climax part of the song, and thematically the music is exactly what deathstream is. Aaaaand using your example of Blue Zenith, there's clear difference in having one clear deathstream climax in the solo than having the whole map of streams. First of all, for only one stream you usually have a lot more stamina. In BZ most of the map is draining you dry but since the amount of streams is fairly constant, there's not really good point for one balls-to-the-walls deathstream anywhere. Instead there are kicksliders here and there so that the whole map is tough on streams but instead doesn't have a spike in length. See the difference?
  11. 04:42:452 - Skipping this note? It's a really noticeable guitar. Yeah, you are right but this patterning here is intentional. Tbh that sounds more like the guitarist is just retarding (beginning earlier than 04:42:202 - and ending earlier than 04:42:452 - having total 4 notes instead of 3 which would make sense) But since that's rhythmically kinda awkward and this kind of pattern expresses better the feeling of stopping slightly before continuing again (especially when I then change for the drums at 04:42:535 (1) - and then with the slowed down slider to lead to the next phrase). It also sounds more like what's mapped here when you are having, like, 100% speed and just skimming through (like player would do). Tho the sound is there let's see how it would work as a kickslider additive
  12. 04:37:702 (1,2) - Having these skip so many beats for a longer guitar note brings down intensity extremely far and since there's a lot more interesting things going on in the song it feels empty to just hold this one note. I get that it's a strong note but it's really not fun to just hold sliders when there's more stuff going on in the song here. You can emphasize it still with shorter 1/1 sliders but not these super long ones. Could be but the idea of the solo is to follow the melody guitar. And no it doesn't mean you have to be stupid while following it, but when what it's playing is the most interesting one, sure. From a rhythm game point of view, the constant drums or other shit can sure be more interesting here, but from music points of view this guitar is just demanding attention here. There would no point following the less important sounds here just to have couple more clicks to do. Following slighlty longer held sliders is what expresses the music best here.
  13. 04:47:701 (1,2,3) - Could be misread as a streamjump. Consider NCing 2 or something. uh no way that would happen lol, there's no precedence to jumpstreams anywhere, this is calmer section of the kiai having lower spacing and 2 is not even very emphasised note, just located on red tick, leading to the "actual" drumroll from 04:48:035 (1) - Like damn if you read this as a jumpstream I don't think you can blame the map anymore. Also NCing 2 would then either lead to only one combo for 04:47:868 (2,3,1,2,3,4) - which would work, both emphasis-wise (pattern) and music-wise (04:47:701 (1) - should be in the same combo in that case) or then 04:47:868 (2,3) - would be their own combo, which just would be unnecessary combo spam here
  14. 04:53:702 (1,2,1,2,3) - This polarity switch doesn't work at all because the gap from 04:53:702 (1,2) - is smaller than the gap you're changing polarity to fit with. Removing 04:54:202 (2) - would work or making a reverse on the first 04:54:368 (1,2,3) - would do the trick as well. Yeah agree it doesn't work as well as it could. Tho instead of making full reverse slider which would just destroy the tension build-up I just slidered the first two so that there is still some kind of hook (but the circle is on the red tick)

Nothing much else to say for me at least since the map needs a lot of work fundamentally and it's currently lacking a lot at least in my eyes from reaching a rankable state. I don't mean this in a bad way since we've all been there lol, so no hard feelings I hope. Good luck.~
Thanks for the mod!
MBmasher
mod q

Acquiescence
00:38:368 (1) - This represents a different part of the music, shouldn't you use a different combo colour then? Like orange at 00:40:368 (1)
00:49:035 (1) - ^
01:21:035 (1) - ^
01:31:702 (1) - ^ and others
04:04:202 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - How is the player meant to know that this is a 1/6 rhythm, honestly the only thing I can think of is to use a 1/6 repeating slider.
04:06:035 (1,2,3,1) - ^
04:08:368 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - ^
04:09:702 (1,2,3,1) - ^

Wow, amazing map, gl!! :D
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

MBmasher wrote:

mod q

Acquiescence
00:38:368 (1) - This represents a different part of the music, shouldn't you use a different combo colour then? Like orange at 00:40:368 (1)
00:49:035 (1) - ^
01:21:035 (1) - ^
01:31:702 (1) - ^ and others You have a point, but the orange (and red) colors are mostly meant to indicate fillers, places more intense than others and places where it has something that changes drastically the way it plays, perhaps in a way that is hard to read. See in respective order: 01:23:034 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - 01:04:368 - onwards (all latter parts in kiais) and 00:05:368 (1) - for example. They are not meant to indicate change in object of following in the map. Also note that fills usually get colors both for being fills and being more intense (see spacing usually). Also the solo, being more intense, uses orange and deep purple colors only, to differentiate from the other parts. Solo kiai is again slightly different matter. I also tried to use new combo color in the solo for the 1/6, but I'll prob talk more bout that below. So tl:dr since the part you highlighted didn't really fit into any of the categories I used for the "special" colors, I didn't do it that way. Imo it's clear and simple enough with casual coloring, and will most likely not change anything with the colors
04:04:202 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - How is the player meant to know that this is a 1/6 rhythm, honestly the only thing I can think of is to use a 1/6 repeating slider.
04:06:035 (1,2,3,1) - ^
04:08:368 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - ^
04:09:702 (1,2,3,1) - ^ This point was already mentioned before, and I said I'd like to have few high end players for testplays before deciding anything too major on this one. Most likely I'm going to increase the spacing contrast in the transitions from 1/4 to 1/6 (see there's none the other way).

Wow, amazing map, gl!! :D
Thanks for the mod!
Invertable
late xd

00:05:368 (1) - You can put inherited point with 5% volume on slider end so you don t hear that tick same goes for 00:16:035 (1) - etc. if i forgot some you can check it out xd

00:05:702 (1) - I would avoid overlapping here just for the emphasize

00:48:202 (11,12) - This would be better if it was 1/4 slider cause you put a slider before these and this slider 00:48:035 (10) - was on the new melody just like these 00:48:202 (11,12) - so 2 1/4 slider would fit much better and you would get bigger emphasis on 00:48:368 (1)

00:48:368 (1,1) - Stack just for the polish

01:47:035 (1) - to 01:57:702 (1) - hmmm this part is so under mapped the music doesnt lose its intensity at all at this part but u mapped it so easy and peaceful i suggest you buff this part. Same goes for the part after it that has the same music and its also under mapped. If you will keep it like that just lover the volume at least cause you need to calm that part down.

04:54:368 (1) - Shouldn t this end on white tick or idk should you have a circle on a white tick

Nice map nothing much to mod here tho xd
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

Invertable wrote:

late xd

00:05:368 (1) - You can put inherited point with 5% volume on slider end so you don t hear that tick same goes for 00:16:035 (1) - etc. if i forgot some you can check it out xd It's not really that audible even currently, probably depends on skin tho. More like, I thought I did this already lol? Doing now

00:05:702 (1) - I would avoid overlapping here just for the emphasize Good idea, thought of doing it tbh, but it's kinda necessary, since I want it to differentiate from the rest of the gaps between the sliders like 00:05:702 (1,3) - for example

00:48:202 (11,12) - This would be better if it was 1/4 slider cause you put a slider before these and this slider 00:48:035 (10) - was on the new melody just like these 00:48:202 (11,12) - so 2 1/4 slider would fit much better and you would get bigger emphasis on 00:48:368 (1) Much like I explained to someone above (Mir it was?) I'm not actually following the melody for the most part, this here for example is just coincidence. What I'm following here is the rhythm guitar. You can hear the sound at 00:48:035 - clearly asks for kickslider, the latter sound is just accompanying the sound before. But for 00:48:202 (11,12) - there's 2 distinct grit sounds that make more sense with circles. I agree with your point of the emphasis on 00:48:368 (1) - though. Who knows, maybe I'll tune something later on.

00:48:368 (1,1) - Stack just for the polish True I guess I could use the same triple stack for both. That would change drastically the way it feels tho, since it would end up back and forth the same instead of flowing continuously to new stuff because they are so close-by. For the same reason it wouldn't also look necessarily that neat

01:47:035 (1) - to 01:57:702 (1) - hmmm this part is so under mapped the music doesnt lose its intensity at all at this part but u mapped it so easy and peaceful i suggest you buff this part. Same goes for the part after it that has the same music and its also under mapped. If you will keep it like that just lover the volume at least cause you need to calm that part down. Agree it doesn't really change drastically (this kind of music rarely does, since the sound world is somewhat limited). It does get quieter and less dense and most importantly, the thing that player/listener is following (due short soloish part at 01:45:702 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - ) suddenly get's very slow with loooong notes, while still staying in the foreground of the musical picture. TL:DR it feels like it calms down even more from the already somewhat lenient section at 01:36:368 - while the drums actually begin doing something new and interesting (new rhythm) which I then map with low spacing but accurate rhythm. It's similar feeling like what some difficult quiet pizzicato part would be in orchestra: it sounds quiet and it's doesn't feel intense but underlying it demands accuracy and focus. Decreasing volume slightly is a good idea though (even tho the drum volume doesn't really get that down tbh) Lowered slightly

04:54:368 (1) - Shouldn t this end on white tick or idk should you have a circle on a white tick You are right, the sound (at that point) is at the white tick. The reason for the current one, is that that's the way the pattern actually does (should) go. You can (and probably did) check from that on. Now that's why this slider is done like this, it's the one introducing the rhythm to the player with the more lenient object. Mapping only the first one differently would just be hella confusing and unnecessary here

Nice map nothing much to mod here tho xd
Thanks for the mod!
yoshee4232
Hey, From my queue :)

[acquiescence]

• map is pretty neat ;)
  1. 00:15:035 (1) - This slider should just be two circles, you switched over to representing these sounds with only circles but you still have the random slider at the beginning that kinda takes away from that idea.
  2. 00:20:368 (1) - ^
  3. 00:30:201 (1) - Usually you wouldn't use NC for emphasis on the end of a stream, remove the NC and maybe you could use a kick slider instead
  4. 00:53:702 (1) On this whole kaiai time you should really break this section up with a few slider mapped parts, right now it feels really excessive, especially so early into the map. This section also stays fairly constant while your spacing can be really variable so you should probably keep your spacing more consistent to match the music and intensity better.
  5. 01:16:535 (2,3) - I think these would work better if changed into a kick slider as the guitar sounds much more like a held note then 2 distinct notes
  6. 01:19:202 (2,3) - ^
  7. 01:29:035 (6,7,8,9,10,11,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1) - You were mapping the sort of chimes noises with the sliders but then unexpectedly switched to mappign the guitar sounds in this section, you should just stick to mapping the chime noises. You have the same problem everywhere else you pasted this pattern so you might want to check those out too
  8. 02:05:702 (1,2) - I don't think there should be a break in between the streams here as there is no real break in the guitar sound
  9. 02:08:369 (1) - still think this kaiai time should have more sliders
  10. 02:55:952 (4) - Is this for emphasis? if it is there are a lot better ways to create emphasis like a stream kink or a a change in spacing, if it isn't for emphasis I'm a little confused as to why it's there
  11. 01:41:285 (4) - ^
  12. 04:07:035 (1) - ^
  13. 03:00:701 (5) - There are some very loud sounds here and also here 03:01:035 (1) that I think you could reflect through a change in spacing or stream shape
  14. 03:06:534 (5,6,7) - why is this mapped different to this? 03:05:200 (5,6,7) they both seem to have the same rhythm
  15. 05:03:868 (5,6,7) - ^
  16. 03:33:368 (1) - I wouldn't say there is enough of an audible change in tone to put a stream kink here
  17. 03:57:702 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I think you have the spacing change here reversed, you have higher spacing on the higher notes and this stream starts on a higher note so increase spacing for the first half and lower spacing for the second half
  18. 04:05:035 (1) - Slider looks kinda ugly, maybe go with a larger more pronounced loop to it?
  19. 04:09:868 (1) - remove NC
  20. 04:31:702 (1) - Maybe make this slider kink more pronounced, right now it's really only noticeable because of the NC
  21. 04:42:535 (1,2,1) - try turning this whole section into one longer slider because what you are mapping has a held note and you probably shouldn't just switch to mapping the drums so quick
  22. 04:47:701 (1,2,3) - this whole part should be a slider since you are mapping the main guitar sound with the stream before it anyways and you could use the longer slider to reflect the change in tone
  23. 04:54:368 (1,2) - You should have one more of these things after it so the unusual snapping in the next section becomes more intuitive to play. just having that one there isn't enough to make the switch over to the different timing concept.
  24. 05:17:701 (1,2) - these two streams should be connected because there is no real rhythmical reason to separate them by a jump and a 1/2 gap
  25. 05:39:202 (2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1) - I think the ends of these streams could be better emphasized with kick sliders

sidenote - Really like how you used smooth spacing changes to represent the changes in pitch :)
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

cooldude4232 wrote:

Hey, From my queue :)

[acquiescence]

• map is pretty neat ;)
  1. 00:15:035 (1) - This slider should just be two circles, you switched over to representing these sounds with only circles but you still have the random slider at the beginning that kinda takes away from that idea. It's kinda the other way, 00:15:535 (3,4) - are no longer going according to the overall idea all the ones before have gone, reason for that being the change at 00:15:868 - with the triple. Basically doing the same thing as I've done would work here too, but I feel like circles work better since triple like this feels better with little more space and freedom around it. Sliders would be more confining.
  2. 00:20:368 (1) - ^ ^
  3. 00:30:201 (1) - Usually you wouldn't use NC for emphasis on the end of a stream, remove the NC and maybe you could use a kick slider instead Works better this way. NCs are exactly for that emphasis (and then there's 1/2 break after every emphasised beat). Kicksliders would indeed be good if there would be sounds for them, but there aren't (atleast really audible, rhythm guitars may have some stuff at some parts) and thus I think current one works better
  4. 00:53:702 (1) On this whole kaiai time you should really break this section up with a few slider mapped parts, right now it feels really excessive, especially so early into the map. This section also stays fairly constant while your spacing can be really variable so you should probably keep your spacing more consistent to match the music and intensity better. Not really wanting to add sliders, I'll try to get some testplayers to get some enlightment on that one. I don't think being early in the map or not is relevant in any way, if the music is what it is. In this map I didn't even go for any "progression" unlike I usually like to do but instead kept every single iteration of the same music spaced the same way. This holds true for the kiais too (except the solo which is completely different case and the last kiai and especially the first part of it, which differs as well). Also the it's not only the section, the whole song stays fairly constant volume-wise and how it feels to you if you listen to it without getting too much into it. However, I'm trying to interpret slightly more than that, and for example my spacing in the kiais is solely based on the pitch of the melody guitar I'm following there for the most part.
  5. 01:16:535 (2,3) - I think these would work better if changed into a kick slider as the guitar sounds much more like a held note then 2 distinct notes
  6. 01:19:202 (2,3) - ^ Same drill for both of these: you are basically right, but I'm not following the rhythm guitar there. Basically this section is mostly following rhythm guitars (like I've explained to some guys before you as well) but occasionally I follow the drums or melody guitar or smth else as well. Here these both have pretty much the same soundscape so I'm going to only explain that. Basically here there's this melody sound at 01:19:035 - which is ofc going to be clickable (it's white tick too lol). Rhythm guitar, as you said, has pretty much the similar stuff at both 01:19:035 (1) - and 01:19:202 (2,3) - doing them both with kicksliders would lessen the emphasis on the strong melody sound at the white tick however, since it would make the both clicks play the same. It would also neglect the drum this time. So I instead decided here to follow the drum triple so that the part where the kickslider follows the rhythm guitars and emphasises the melody sound stands out more. Tbh there's like dozens of similar cases of compromises during these sections since all the different instrumental parts contradict each other pretty much all the time there.
  7. 01:29:035 (6,7,8,9,10,11,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1) - You were mapping the sort of chimes noises with the sliders but then unexpectedly switched to mappign the guitar sounds in this section, you should just stick to mapping the chime noises. You have the same problem everywhere else you pasted this pattern so you might want to check those out too You are right on what I did. Some kind of explanation on shit above, similarly I'm here changing the thing I'm mapping. Basically I try to map what's interesting, and create variation by changing it sometimes, when the musical elements aren't particularly dominant or whatnot compared to each other. "unexceptedly" is good point by itself, I don't know how changing the objects of following changes how it plays, but I don't think it's really bad, it's not like player is really capable of analyzing the song structure by all the instrumental layers while playing, and will instead rely more on intuition, which this should work with.
  8. 02:05:702 (1,2) - I don't think there should be a break in between the streams here as there is no real break in the guitar sound You are right, there's no break in the guitar sound and actually initially I thought I would (and most ppl would) map this with slider from 02:05:702 - to 02:05:868 (2) - that'd make the pattern just a string of objects tho and it would restrict the structuring capabilites a lot, and thus I ended up doing this for more freedom. It might feel slightly lacking, but it plays rhythmically mostly the same as adding a slider would, except it has more space
  9. 02:08:369 (1) - still think this kaiai time should have more sliders Can't really disagree, Working on getting some testplayers
  10. 02:55:952 (4) - Is this for emphasis? if it is there are a lot better ways to create emphasis like a stream kink or a a change in spacing, if it isn't for emphasis I'm a little confused as to why it's there It's there because there's sound at 02:55:993 - same to below
  11. 01:41:285 (4) - ^
  12. 04:07:035 (1) - ^
  13. 03:00:701 (5) - There are some very loud sounds here and also here 03:01:035 (1) that I think you could reflect through a change in spacing or stream shape True, tho since I'm strictly following the guitar (and it's pitch) here, it would kinda break the intended result. Otherwise, sure
  14. 03:06:534 (5,6,7) - why is this mapped different to this? 03:05:200 (5,6,7) they both seem to have the same rhythm True and this is one I'm kinda hesitant with myself, basically 03:06:702 (7) - is expressing the guitar sound that cuts through the music there and 03:06:534 (5,6) - are drums as usual. Basically the drums continue the usual pattern, with sounds at red+blue+blue+red ticks. The guitar just comes in at the white tick, which I then map. But as said, I'm not really sure if I want to keep it this way, and might change it later to something else (perhaps just continue with the drums or smth)
  15. 05:03:868 (5,6,7) - ^ ^
  16. 03:33:368 (1) - I wouldn't say there is enough of an audible change in tone to put a stream kink here Hmm maybe so, it's just mapped the same way as 00:32:035 (1) - currently. Agreed, it might be musically kinda overdone, but thematically it's kinda fitting as the final leading stream towards the new section.
  17. 03:57:702 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I think you have the spacing change here reversed, you have higher spacing on the higher notes and this stream starts on a higher note so increase spacing for the first half and lower spacing for the second half Uh, it's actually highest spacing for the middle part where it's high. It actually starts out relatively low pitch. Granted for some reason 03:58:035 (1) - has higher spacing than 03:57:952 (4) - despite the pitches being the other way lul. Probably the snare sound at 03:58:035 (1) -
  18. 04:05:035 (1) - Slider looks kinda ugly, maybe go with a larger more pronounced loop to it? Agreed, I just have no idea how to make it look better while still maintaining the status quo with the surrounding stream, like, you see how it's currently in like blanketed Did some stuff
  19. 04:09:868 (1) - remove NC Lol yeah it's kinda spammed and "unnecessary" in normal conditions but it's necessary here for the colorhax with the 1/6 streams
  20. 04:31:702 (1) - Maybe make this slider kink more pronounced, right now it's really only noticeable because of the NC Slider kink? Do I misunderstand the term or what but there's not sliders here? Anyways for the stream kink I don't think it's needed to do anything, it's pretty much similar to many others during that kiai
  21. 04:42:535 (1,2,1) - try turning this whole section into one longer slider because what you are mapping has a held note and you probably shouldn't just switch to mapping the drums so quick The held note begins at 04:42:452 - tho which is a blue tick and making it the emphasised clicking point would feel even more weird. Also due the nature of the held note, the drums coming in are more distinct and thus need attention more. Also simply more interesting that way
  22. 04:47:701 (1,2,3) - this whole part should be a slider since you are mapping the main guitar sound with the stream before it anyways and you could use the longer slider to reflect the change in tone Similar to above, except here I actually though if I'd make it that way. Like, the guitar sound is pretty much ideal for cool slider and all that stuff, but in the end I though this section has enough longer sliders as is, and mapping the drums was more interesting for the player
  23. 04:54:368 (1,2) - You should have one more of these things after it so the unusual snapping in the next section becomes more intuitive to play. just having that one there isn't enough to make the switch over to the different timing concept. I think it's sufficient since the coming rhythm is pretty simple as well. Tho this is fairly easy to change so I'll do just that depending on testplay feedback later on.
  24. 05:17:701 (1,2) - these two streams should be connected because there is no real rhythmical reason to separate them by a jump and a 1/2 gap
  25. 05:39:202 (2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1) - I think the ends of these streams could be better emphasized with kick sliders True, basically what you mentioned earlier as well. Same drill here ^^

sidenote - Really like how you used smooth spacing changes to represent the changes in pitch :)
Thanks for the mod!
Myxo
01:41:285 (4) - 02:55:952 (4) - 04:07:035 (1) - These play really weird in the context of the streams they are placed in. A single 1/8 slider feels offthrowing on each of these places and the sounds aren't that noticable, so replacing them with single circles should work better.

Please check AiMod for some 2ms unsnapped objects and slider tails, safer to fix these.

Otherwise, we already talked about everything related to the map during the mentoring sessions! Good job :)

This map deserves my last bubble more than any other map. Please fix it up before it's too late!
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

Desperate-kun wrote:

01:41:285 (4) - 02:55:952 (4) - 04:07:035 (1) - These play really weird in the context of the streams they are placed in. A single 1/8 slider feels offthrowing on each of these places and the sounds aren't that noticable, so replacing them with single circles should work better. While I'm pretty sure the negative effect on gameplay is pretty negligent, the short sliders play essentially the same as one circle would, I guess the positive aspect isn't too significant either, consisting mostly of "mapping the song rhythmically as accurately as possible" So removed, perhaps it's more clear now.

Please check AiMod for some 2ms unsnapped objects and slider tails, safer to fix these. lol done

Otherwise, we already talked about everything related to the map during the mentoring sessions! Good job :)

This map deserves my last bubble more than any other map. Please fix it up before it's too late!
Maybe too late, maybe not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Myxo
Bubble #1 :)
jeanbernard8865
b

[Acquiescence]

00:00:369 (1) - I don't believe there’s a snare here, so clap is rather unnecessary

00:04:702 (2,3,4) - not too sure about this pattern in terms of flow, cause 00:04:368 (1,2,3) sets up circular flow ( which is odd in the first place considering the 3 previous measures are similar and are built around back & forth movement ), which is then broken by 00:05:035 (4)

00:05:368 (1) - I like how the SV change was portrayed through a combo colour that stand out, but don’t you think a red anchor is too much ?

00:17:702 (1,3,5) - why is the curve so much lighter than with the previous sliders ?

00:20:868 (3,5,6,1,2) - not sure how to feel about that quasi-overlap

00:23:702 (5,6) - I feel like you could do something to catch those 2 guitar sounds ; just my opinion though

00:36:035 (10,11) - aren’t those 2 combo colours a bit similar ? Might only be my skin tho

00:37:368 (10,11) - since you follow the melody in the following measures you might want to make those 2 stand out a bit cause they just seem like there’s nothing changing while the melody is arguably denser

01:41:035 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - 02:55:702 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - just my 2 cents there but I think red/orange combo colours are overdone as opposed to their other usages ; their spacing is going down, while in other usages it was notably higher than the rest of their respective part

05:35:035 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - idk this curve feels out of place compared to the others in that part, I think it’s the fact that the stream doesn’t change direction which throws me off ; all the other streams here do have a direction change, so it would make sense to have one here as well

I legit didn’t find anything else on the rest of the map lol ( didn’t do the solo part though since it’s not updated ), that’s a solid map just like the other one. Good luck with pushing this forward !
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

AyanokoRin wrote:

b

[Acquiescence]

00:00:369 (1) - I don't believe there’s a snare here, so clap is rather unnecessary lol true, wonder why I haven't noticed it before

00:04:702 (2,3,4) - not too sure about this pattern in terms of flow, cause 00:04:368 (1,2,3) sets up circular flow ( which is odd in the first place considering the 3 previous measures are similar and are built around back & forth movement ), which is then broken by 00:05:035 (4) Kinda disagree,
the angle from 00:04:368 (1,2) - to 00:04:702 (2,3) - is too sharp to create proper circular motion and it will play more like lowish angled back-and forth.
Which it actually is until 00:05:035 (4) - where it use sharper curve and more spacing to emphasis the triple 00:05:202 (5,6,1) - and then further emphasis the music with the slowed down slider. Stuff like that

00:05:368 (1) - I like how the SV change was portrayed through a combo colour that stand out, but don’t you think a red anchor is too much ? Not really. It's also handy to have the different shape also portray the difference, since combo-colorless skins also exist. Imo it's very fitting

00:17:702 (1,3,5) - why is the curve so much lighter than with the previous sliders ? Tbh I coulda used the exact same shape for all of the patterns in this section, but imo slight variation allows for alterations to the angles in flow and rotation. Thus the shapes differ a lil'. Now why this bothers you is because it kinda goes from the more curved to the more straight one. There's actually examples of both ones already used before in the section, it's just that as subsequent choices they stand out more. Or smth

00:20:868 (3,5,6,1,2) - not sure how to feel about that quasi-overlap Well it's still clearly not overlapping so it should be fine. I guess I could move it slightly tho since it's fairly simple here EDIT: is what I thought but it's actually pain in the ass due the strict structure I have done

00:23:702 (5,6) - I feel like you could do something to catch those 2 guitar sounds ; just my opinion though Lol I actually originally had these parts mapped differently, but things have changed

00:36:035 (10,11) - aren’t those 2 combo colours a bit similar ? Might only be my skin tho Agree they are fairly similar but still clearly distinguishable (atleast with my skin ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

00:37:368 (10,11) - since you follow the melody in the following measures you might want to make those 2 stand out a bit cause they just seem like there’s nothing changing while the melody is arguably denser Yeah I could do it with kicksliders too for example but imo the current one works fine as well

01:41:035 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - 02:55:702 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - just my 2 cents there but I think red/orange combo colours are overdone as opposed to their other usages ; their spacing is going down, while in other usages it was notably higher than the rest of their respective part Yeah you are right about the spacing, but the reason for the usage of those combo colors isn't actually spacing all the time, for the most part they are just used for parts that are differing from the normal stuff (see 00:16:035 (1) - for example). So thus they are also used for drum fills. Which in this case isn't too intense

05:35:035 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - idk this curve feels out of place compared to the others in that part, I think it’s the fact that the stream doesn’t change direction which throws me off ; all the other streams here do have a direction change, so it would make sense to have one here as well Good point. It's mostly because there's kinda no space to do good one (downwards), but I might mess with it later

I legit didn’t find anything else on the rest of the map lol ( didn’t do the solo part though since it’s not updated ), that’s a solid map just like the other one. Good luck with pushing this forward !I'm not going to update this now (since my solo things aren't ready, and when those are ready I'm probably going to revisit this to see if I'll change more things and whatnot.)
Thanks for the mod!
I'll prob mod your map tomorrow ^^
show more