forum

Quick question about ganing PP.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tony Bologna
When I play the Hard version of a song, do I still get PP if i play a lower difficulty of that song? Basically, should I be beating all the difficultys, or just the hardest that I can manage?
Starrodkirby86
Hi there~

You can get PP for multiple difficulties. The only time where "highest score" counts would be the outdated metric of Ranked Score. Do keep in mind that easier difficulties can be too easy and not give you any PP compared to where your skill range is at. Be sure to hone in your fundamentals and make strong scores!

In the future, if you have another question about Gameplay, visit Gameplay & Rankings, since General Discussion is meant for non-osu! related topics.
Zard0Z
You are going to get way more PP for playing harder songs. But, you will get PP for every song you play, no matter what. There is something called a weighting system, though, which makes less PP plays worth even less. For example, if you have a couple really good plays, like 88pp and 85pp, then you get an 82pp play. You're only going to get 90% of the PP for that play, if it is your third highest play. Therefore, you will get 73.8pp for your 82pp play.