forum

[Archived] Stuttering (Not sure if it's a bug)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
WhyNotTakeTheL
Problem Details:
Sometimes songs randomly stutter a few times and I'm pretty sure the approaching circle resets a little bit giving you extra time to react. However, when I'm tapping to the beat it's really annoying and I wanted to know if it was part of the game (since it's not a freeze, unfreeze, freeze, etc thing) and I've never seen a stutter like this in any other games. Is it part of the map to throw you off?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170103.2 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Does this only happen at the start of maps?

If so, check your Universal offset in your settings and make sure it's 0
Topic Starter
WhyNotTakeTheL
It happens mid map, and my universal offset is already 0 (-1 actually).
iderekmc
im also having constant stuttering (it feels like lag, like 15 fps but the fps from afterburner or dxtory are above 2000) im using a 3770k and a 1070 and an ssd, i tried all the versions and switching to opengl and nothing, its throughout all the map i have like 3 seconds of stuttering and 1 of not... i reinstalled osu and tried everything i think. i also have disabled videos and storyboards
Deivedux
Reinstalling the game doesn't actually solve the problem 90% of the time, and tbh, this should be announced somewhere so that people would finally stop doing that.

As for the problem, you can try to repair your game. Run the client while holding shift and keep holding it until a configuration pops up, then click "Repair osu!".