forum

[Archived] Really Slow Downloads

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
REZURRECTOR1
Problem Details: So since around July of 2016, I've been getting extremely slow download speeds when my download speed is around 20 Mb/s. Almost every song I download is capped at around 40KB/s. I've seen other users getting the same problem many years ago and apparently it has to do with rerouting issues and apparently the problem gets fixed on its own, but that isn't the case for me. I really want to be able to play multiplayer without having everyone wait for me. Thank you.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://i.gyazo.com/8d9453158890459f7fc ... 6e4cf1.png
https://gyazo.com/1f4b280d306e4286a351dc7f938c7ead

osu! version: 20170103.2 (latest)
o x
Try resetting your router and restarting your PC. Also you can try beatmap mirror websites if you are still having issues.
Topic Starter
REZURRECTOR1

Cawub wrote:

Try resetting your router and restarting your PC. Also you can try beatmap mirror websites if you are still having issues.

I've done the first recommendation. For the second one, I've only tried bloodcat before, but now they're slow as well. I don't know if it's only for me, but apparently bloodcat is slow for others as well.
o x
Well if downloads are slow for you no matter what website it is than it's a problem with your internet.
Topic Starter
REZURRECTOR1

Cawub wrote:

Well if downloads are slow for you no matter what website it is than it's a problem with your internet.

It's only Osu! beatmaps, everything else is fine.
Kao
Try using a VPN and see if the download speed becomes normal.
  1. You can try using a VPN like [lucky:1337]Psiphon[/lucky:1337] and see if it works from there
    Just download from the website and open it, after it connects try again.
If it becomes normal when you use a VPN, then it is a problem with your ISP.
You'll have to contact your ISP and explain the issue to them.
Topic Starter
REZURRECTOR1

Kao wrote:

Try using a VPN and see if the download speed becomes normal.
  1. You can try using a VPN like [lucky:1337]Psiphon[/lucky:1337] and see if it works from there
    Just download from the website and open it, after it connects try again.
If it becomes normal when you use a VPN, then it is a problem with your ISP.
You'll have to contact your ISP and explain the issue to them.

So, I tried many different VPNs and it does seem that it is my ISP. I downloaded different files from the internet without using the VPN and they downloaded at the speed of which my download speed is, however osu beatmaps won't. What is this issue and what do I tell my ISP if I were to contact them about this issue? Thank you.
Acknown3
I've been having the same issue with download speeds for at least a year. Using PIA doesn't affect the DL speed, and everything else works just fine. I know I'm not being throttled by my ISP, but the only answer I ever get is "it fixes itself eventually."