forum

D-Luc-D - Serotonin Symphony Vol 1 Mix

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dr_Marc
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Freitag, 10. August 2018 at 01:47:59

Artist: D-Luc-D
Title: Serotonin Symphony Vol 1 Mix
Tags: Electro
BPM: 160
Filesize: 67274kb
Play Time: 13:42
Difficulties Available:
  1. Marathon (5,78 stars, 3435 notes)
Download: D-Luc-D - Serotonin Symphony Vol 1 Mix
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Lucky Princess – Deadbeat Boyfriend (Super Science “Type BF” Remix)
Teehn Bwitches – Red Tide (Kurushi Remix)
Ranzor – Jump!
N-Trance – I’m in Heaven (XIO Remix)
Liqo – Overground
Ranzor – Ravebow Road
Core-Station – Happy Night Rave (Charger Remix)
モンスター視聴者 – Oh My God (HARDCORE REMIX)
pocotan – シグナルグラフ (pocotan Remix)
Black Ace – Fireworker
榊原ゆい – jewerly days (JAKAZiD Remix)
saqwz – 天使にふれたよ! (saqwz J-Core Remix)
Shoujo – Keep It A Secret
DJ Shimamura – LOOSE KONTROL
MHX – Universal Law
cobalt green – Hanami
LU-I -そらいろ (LU-I Remix)
DJ Shimamura – SOLDIER feat. MC RALLY (2011 Update)
DJ V.A. – Joseph Aoyama
天音 – Sparkling Daydream (Eternal Force Blizzard Remix)
pocotan – Dreamer (pocotan Remix Short ver.)
P*Light – Star Line ft. yukacco
t+pazolite – to Luv me, I *** for u.(REDALiCE Remix)
you – Close eyes
saqwz – Shining stars bless☆ (saqwz J-Core Remix)
源屋 feat.3L – Lift Up
ETIA. feat.Jenga – Love Blood (Freezer Remix)
you – Spring Heart
Asterisk – カワルミライ(Asterisk DnB Remix)
Sash Dee ft. Ellie – Always & Forever (DJ Shimamura Remix)
Matra Magic – Predator
彩音 – Close Your Eyes (kors k mix)

Hello Stranger! , (Beware, some parts arent remapped and are mapped from my former self 6 months-1 year ago(Very badly)!)

and Welcome to my Beatmap i put my whole heart into!
This time....
its
A ~ sorta Long Marathon Map (Ill never Finish)
;) ;) ;)

I really love this Compilation from this Guy. I mean its very long. But I love the BPM Changes and the Songs that are used.

Songgenre is sort of Electro, or Officially LOLICORE

I'd be glad if somebody would be interesting in Modding! (Not rly though, its way to confusing)

His Mixcloud Side: https://www.mixcloud.com/dJdLucD/

The Song I used isnt apparently there. I got it from... yes....... from the Deepnet (Dont ask me how) :roll: :roll: :roll:

Official Thread Thou: http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/top ... c_id=60725

There is so much potential to mapping this Remix of Songs. They are amazing!
______________________________________________________________________________________
UPDATE 1.12.17 : Cant keep up with what i've done now, but many fixes
UPDATES 30.3.17
SPOILER
Polished Part After 3:11:241 <- Very hard to edit
!!!New: Part till 5:00
direday
Hello! From my closed at the time of request :| Queue.

Maraphon

• I see you're new to mapping so I won't be too specific.

First of all: are you mapping the whole hour? Guess not. Then you should cut the unmapped part of the music. Besides there is a score limit on the map and you will go way beyond it with that bpm in 1h.

Gonna repeat myself from my Q and recommend watching pishi's videos about mapping if you haven't already.

You timed the music and placed objects in time correctly and that's a big step. However you seem to be a bit lost in when to use what distance snapping.

From what I saw in numerous ranked maps, there are 2 ways you can go about it (forget fixed distance snap, that's for easy/normal diffs).
    Generally, if the music is somewhat complex you may want to assign some distance snapping OR angle OR even entire combo to each sound/melody and repeat it when the same sound appears in music. So when one of these things stays constant you are free to convey the music with other tools. For example: each time a strong piano note appears in music (it will be on the same tick each beat/every several beats) you make a sharp angle in the flow of your map. And, depending on pitch or volume of the note you place it in proportional distance.

If, however, the music is repetitive (your case), you may create a structure based on geometrical patterns to make it more interesting and intuitive. So basicaly you vaguely plan on which objects should be placed further (those objects most of the time have higher pitch or higher volume) and create some symmetrical or just generally recognizable pattern with your objects.

Most maps of more experienced mappers contain a healthy mix of both so it becomes really hard to understand their logic behind objects placement.

So, to summarize, you should mind distance and angles while creating something aestetically pleasant. And it takes a lot of practice to be able to do that. I recommend following the rule that if something in music sounds exactly the same it should be mapped the same. But then again in most EDM that'd make maps boring since they are very repetitive.

Damn, I've finally wrote some kind of a guide. Gonna save it somewhere ^^
It'd be cool if you could mod or testplay my map:

Topic Starter
Dr_Marc
Hello Direday!

Thank you for answering.... even though your queue was closed? :o

Thank your for your tip with using distance in consideration to volume and depth of the sound in the song. Im always thinking about how to map this or that part according to the music. Although im quiet a baby in mapping (Ahuehue), I really think mapping this song "Good" is even out of my league if I have to be harsh.

The Part on 3:11 (Till approx. 4:00) Is insanely hard to map and I had hours on this part, trying to figure it out. You can look at it if you havent already.

And you really are so correct with my distance snapping. I may have to go over it all again and see which notes doenst emphasize the song correctly. I have watched all of pishis videos aswell. With geometrical patterns, do you mean triangles and so on?

If yes, I consider it next time I go through the song, although, as you said, I dont really want the song to be played easily by beeing repetetive. I want this song to be fun though.

Ill cut the song to about 10-15 mins next update :)
direday
I'll try my hand at mapping different part of the mix for shits and giggles. Will post here what'll come up with.
Topic Starter
Dr_Marc

direday wrote:

I'll try my hand at mapping different part of the mix for shits and giggles. Will post here what'll come up with.

Ok im interested :D Im not gunna map until then
Topic Starter
Dr_Marc

marcoboy123 wrote:

direday wrote:

Ok im interested :D Im not gunna map until then
Updated with Part of Direday
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.