forum

how do you guys think about new DT system ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
moni
it's suck
o x
ezpp
Todestrieb
It's a really, REALLY bad idea. SR system is already broken, It's just adding more gasoline into the fire. Mappers will start to chart differently with DT in mind, and everyone will just play these broken maps. But, hey, PP is the only reason to play this game for everyone, so the crowd is excited...
AncuL
Totestrieb basically said everything.
HoarseFish
What happened? What's changed?
Azucchi

HoarseFish wrote:

What happened? What's changed?
DT is no longer disregarded on mania pp computations
Caput Mortuum
Ok what, where did they talk about this
o x

Eraser wrote:

Ok what, where did they talk about this
I'm pretty sure they just did it. I never saw anything about it anywhere not on twitter or forums.
Eldergleam
I think this is bad implemented, because people can gain easy PP in higher key (I called abnormal key for non 4K) and believe me half population people on OSU can wearing glasses because this :D
o x
Honestly I think they should have at least gotten community input on this before even implementing it, or they should have at least put a discussion thread in place like they did with scorev2. By the looks of it the majority of the community isn't very happy with it.
Full Tablet
Since DT gives a slight bonus to score, unless there is some sort of penalty for DT in pp calculations, DT scores give slightly more pp than they should.

Overall, making DT give the amount of pp that corresponds to it's star rating doesn't make the system more broken. In effect, it makes the amount of pp given for a DT play closer to the value it should give.
Evening

Full Tablet wrote:

Since DT gives a slight bonus to score, unless there is some sort of penalty for DT in pp calculations, DT scores give slightly more pp than they should.

Overall, making DT give the amount of pp that corresponds to it's star rating doesn't make the system more broken. In effect, it makes the amount of pp given for a DT play closer to the value it should give.
yea, this is correct, if 1.5x rate maps were ranked it would be as expected, however, the current ranking system doesn't really consider the case of 1.5x map ranked at all, hence, these "newly ranked maps" pretty much broke boundaries that weren't expected.

think the core problem is, however, the star rating, personally wouldn't say that it's useless, however, the rating kind of gets rather unfair and seemingly more inaccurately rated at higher densities, it's quite a sudden adjustment to what osu!mania is used to right now

think that enabling dt would definitely favor those who can vibro/jack well instead of complementing every skillset equally in terms of pp, will most likely see top 50 of osu!mania being "refreshed" with new players that are better in certain skillsets and drop those who cannot keep up. While i do not think that it'll become fairer, others may think otherwise in the future i suppose
Caput Mortuum
HOLY fuck the mania rankings
damn
Mipha-
I don't know if I should be happy or not, but it has their own ups and downs whatsoever.

Positive side, say, your skills in some variations (either jack, streams, or vibro) just like Evening said, will be tested. It's pretty nice to see their own potential on how limit they have. And yes, it yields greater rewards when you succeed.

However, the downside is, not even close to healthy if you consider playing on a burst of speed mods. It's never getting any better if just stick only to DT and just farming pp-s and all. Plus, beatmappers will tend to get a different approach on to map songs which density and the harsh sections provided will not inflate star ratings as well. I do honestly believe that they need to correct the star rating and density for nominators to pick up maps to be ranked, as for me.
dionzz99
uuhhh i just got this information when my local community is on fire about this stuff
majority still consider this thing is trash and i can't argue with it. the downside is a lot more "powerful" than the upside despite how many arguments pointed at both side
(for my opinion... at least)
Halogen-
yeah, this is pretty fucking terrible honestly

i'm done playing the game; i expected a boost in PP to happen but i didn't think that it was gonna be stupid enough to the point where people can literally get 2K+ PP runs on songs now. game's ruined for me.
gintoki147
sucks really bad
Akasha-
All I want to say is: It's bad! It's honestly bad!!
I'm not saying the PP system, star rating system because it's all broken 2 years ago, it's not changing anything, we didn't said we need DT PP score system, or score v2 too
I thought changes like this must be go throught community argeements before let it get into score system permanently
It's now being abuse, it's not only affected PP system itself but affected all mappers (well, not all)

Why?
1. They will always think "Players will play this map with double time so I must make this patterns so easy, HP OD drain small so they're be able to pass it easier too
Player A: Move this move that for easier pattern
Player B: Igrone the music, we don't need it, just move it to here then we're good
Player C: This map is totally trash, no PP, I hate it

With all that effectives, I believe not many mappers would map the map like what they want anymore, must need to neat for A,B,C so they don't hate this map etc. so the map would be no souls at all, even thought it's their maps (?). That's when I'm not mentioning the map quality.

TL;DR: It's bad! Wrong and worse than before. We need ROLLBACK.

(My apologies If I'm saying anything wrong)
Pope Gadget
DT should boost score, not allow for an additional run per chart.

What this has done is create a schism between accuracy players and speed players. Players who are capable of sharpshooting but not spraying and praying are left with the short end of the stick, and can't do anything about it. So they leave. Why should they have to play god awful sr-abused charts (fucking jumptrills mang) faster for the sake of an arbitrary value?

*not said by me

Quality over quantity, fix the core mechanics of pp yielding and star rating instead of providing newer mechanics that branch off of an unstable platform.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DCk_Meuw0A
Razzy
delicious pp rain

But seriously, I don't see this being a good thing for map variety in the long run, especially if we see more Triumph and Regret-like maps while maps like Apparition get passed over. What Pope said about speed vs. accuracy is pretty spot-on too.

It's gonna be interesting to see old 4k songs feel like Blastix Riotz or Japanese Transformation 403 FORBIDDEN though
show more